- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH5E water-cooled diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
FREEDOM is a spectacular Classic Bermuda 40 Mark II. This is one of the most highly customized and finely finished B-40’s I have seen. Every detail on this boat has been carefully thought out and reworked. This B-40 is a masterpiece. In Florida and ready to cruise now. A realistic seller, please inspect and make an offer. This boat is seriously for sale.
- FREEDOM is a Classic Bermuda 40 keel/centerboard fiberglass yawl, in beautiful condition, with many upgrades in equipment and cosmetics. This B-40 Mark II is a classic and quality built design. This yacht should be considered to be in good condition throughout, meticulously refinished both inside and out, and totally upgraded with the very best of electronics which, in fact are far above average. This is an extremely well equipped and well maintained vessel. Two cabin, 6-berth arrangement with a Tiled fireplace and the Herreshoff interior accented with varnished mahogany. FREEDOM has been Bahamas prepped and is ready to cruise.
- HULL and DECK
- Hull: Jade Green Awlgrip House/Deck: White with off -white nonskid decks. Boottop: White Bottom: Red Varnished teak toe rails and trim (Freshly varnished with 8 coats Epiphanes 2014) Cove Stripe: Gold DECK FEATURES: Teak rub rail with stainless steel guard Double custom SS stem head anchor rollers Complete new 3 piece deck awning with battens SS Stanchions and new lifelines (2006) Standing rigging new (2006) SS stern pulpit SS bow pulpit Cabintop cowl dorade ventilation (2). Varnished shroud guards Life raft with cradle Electric windlass – Neilson with capstan and chain gypsy. CONSTRUCTION : Solid fiberglass hull - High stress and load area reinforced with additional laminations. Deck: Segmented balsa-cored deck - set in 6” molded hull flange, fiberglassed and thru-bolted. - Nonskid surface on deck. Keel: External lead ballast - is fastened with stainless steel bolts. Centerboard: Worm-gear operated bronze centerboard - Accidental grounding override. Drops from keel. Rudder: Stern post hung fiberglass rudder.
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming has winch handle pockets (Freshly varnished 2014). Opening sail locker seats - with watertight hatches with gutters and seat locks. Dodger new (2006) Full awning – (3) piece with fiberglass battens. Cockpit cushions Teak cockpit grate New Harken main sheet traveler system (2006) Molded fiberglass winch pad islands Manual bilge pump Helm Area: Edson pedestal wheel steering: Danforth binnacle compass and stainless steel binnacle guard. Custom helm electronics pod at helm with varnished with SS side grab rails. Custom mounted electronics binnacle over gangway hatch houses wind and nav instruments. Folding varnished cockpit table with side leafs Varnished drink holder Custom mizzen mast removable seat
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- The B-40 offshore layout sleeps 6 in two cabins and is finished in a Herreshoff style with white Formica bulkheads, countertops, and white painted overhead and flat surfaces with varnished mahogany trim and accessories. The upholstery is Dark Green and there are curtains and a tiled fire place. Entry is from the forward cockpit, down the companionway into the main cabin area to the: Aft - the GALLEY with NAV AREA Next forward – MAIN SALON. Next forward to port: The HEAD is next forward to port, with a hanging locker across to starboard. Forward: MASTER STATEROOM. GALLEY: (Aft) To port - Shipmate 3-burner stainless steel propane stove and oven with remote shut-off. Stove cover also provides extra counter space. Starboard – Seafrost 12v Refrigeration - with countertop access. (New 2014) Double stainless steel sinks with pressure hot and cold water. Fresh water hand pump Saltwater hand pump Varnished glass racks Engine access through door under sink area. Hella fan. VHF radio and SSB radio bulkhead mounted. Inverter monitor panel Locker storage outboard and aft. Varnished overhead hand rails. NAV AREA - Is integrated to starboard with chart storage above the refrigeration. Countertop also acts as a nav table. Simrad CR44 multi function navigation display - outboard to starboard. ICOM M-802 SSB radio Electrical breaker panel, volt meters and battery switches outboard aft. Foul weather gear hanging area aft. Steps with storage locker to cockpit. 12 volt lighting MAIN SALON: Full-width and is finished in White bulkheads, counter tops, wall surfaces, and overhead with gloss varnished Mahogany trim and accessories. The cabin sole is a varnished teak and holly. Built-in tiled wood/charcoal fireplace heater, with polished SS trim and chimney stack- forward starboard. Transom extension sette/ berths - port & starboard. Pilot berths – outboard, port and starboard. Opening overhead hatch for ventilation. Three large drawers under each pilot berth and transom berths. Shelves over pilot berths. Book rack over port pilot berth. 12 volt lamps Frigast 12 volt reading lamps Bulkhead mounted stereo system to starboard. Toshiba LCD flat screen TV with digital receiver and remote control in cabinet locker forward starboard pilot berth. Gas lamp to starboard. Weems and Plath clock and barometer. Custom varnish stereo speaker covers. Gas lamp over table. Sony Marine DDX M-30 stereo with Sirrus radio A drop-leaf dining table seats six adults and is centerline. Part of the table stores on the forward bulkhead. Houses centerboard trunk. HEAD ( Next fwd to port) features white bulkheads with varnished trim and cabinets. Stainless steel sink Hot and cold pressure water and handheld shower. Storage and linen lockers outboard. Medicine cabinet. Cabinet with door below vanity. Hamper. Jabsco head and holding tank (New 2013). Shower faucet with draw curtain. Mirror on bulkhead forward . Varnished soap bottle holder. Towel hooks. FORWARD CABIN: V-berth arrangement. Storage in the drawer and storage bins under each berth. Shelves mounted above the berths, port and starboard. Cushioned V-berth seat. Two hanging lockers to starboard. 4-drawer bureau with drop-front and outboard compartment to port. Access to the forepeak chain locker through varnished double doors. Large opening hatch Two opening port lights Gangway screen holder on overhead. Frigast reading lamp. Mirror bulkhead mounted to port. Varnished bookshelf over bureau.
- ELECTRONICS/NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Simrad CR 44 GPS/Radar Multifunction navigation display system - flush mounted outboard at Nav station in galley (2006) Simrad AP-25 Autopilot - at helm nav pod. (2006) Simrad G 534 radar/chart/depth sounder - at helm nav pod. (2006) Simrad IS -15 programmable wind speed & direction, digital depth. SOG and heading.(4) displays.(2006) ICOM Command microphone - plug-in at helm. ICOM MC-502 VHF radio - in galley to port Icom IGM-802 SSB radio - in galley to starboard Dynaplate and copper bonding for SSB. ICOM AT-140 SSB Tuner. Danforth Constellation Compass Radar antenna - mounted on Mizzen mast
- 12-volt Systems: Separate 12-volt systems for starting and accessories: House: (4) Lifeline AGM – 6-volt batteries. (fwd) (New 2014) Engine: (1) #27 12-volt battery - charged by engine alternator. Sentry SM series 60-amp charger. (new) Distribution panel with breaker switches. Volt/amp meters. Main battery disconnect switches. 110-volt shore power system: Shore cord. Shore cord boat side receptacle in cockpit. Xintex electric propane shut-off Sentry SM 60-amp shore charger. (2008) Separate 110 volt distribution panel.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Yawl MKII Rig – Spars painted white with painted spreaders. White main mast and boom. (New 2013) Main Sheet. Painted wooden spreaders. Standing rigging new. (2006) Harken roller-furling headsail. Harken main sheet traveler new. (2006) Harken SS Adjustable backstay Halspar boom vang Spinnaker gear and (1) spinnaker pole and strut. Snatch blocks WINCHES: (2) Barient # 28 2-speed primaries (cockpit) (2) Barient # 22 single-speed secondary’s (cockpit) (1) Barient - Main Halyard (mast mounted) (1) Barient – Jib Halyard (mast mounted) (1) Barient – Spinnaker halyard (mast mounted) (1) Harken - Mizzen Halyard (1) Barient – Main Halyard (cockpit cabin top) Winch handles SAILS: Main – North (full-batten) 150% Genoa – North !30% Jib – North - roller-furling Mizzen – North (full-batten) Mizzen - staysail Gennaker Sail covers (new 2006)
- (New 2014) Yanmar 4JH5E 4-cylinder 50-hp (53-mhp), water-cooled diesel engine (~50 hrs). Engine gauges and alarms. Stainless Steel prop shaft 1” dia. Double Racor fuel filter system with valves new.(2008) (2) 12-volt alternators. Morse cable controls. Pedestal and wheel steering with 5/16 7x19 SS cables. Muffler and wet exhaust. 3-blade 16”D x 11”P prop. Grunert 12volt refrigeration compressor new.(2006) Rule 3000and 1100 Electric bilge pumps. Manual Raritan bilge pump - cockpit. Allcraft 110v water heater with engine circulation heating. Sump pump.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: 12 volt Maxwell 12-10 electric windlass with “up” foot switch. (New 2013) CQR 35# anchor with 5/16 100’ chain and 200’ rode - mounts in custom double SS bow pulpit roller. (New 2013) Delta anchor with 5/16 chain and 150’ rode - mounts in custom double SS bow pulpit roller. Yachtsman anchor - mounts in deck chocks. Danforth # 20 anchor mounts on deck Secondary anchor rode for Yachtsman anchor and Danforth. Equipment: Masthead anchor light. 12-volt electric running lights. Masthead tri-color light. Upper rigging radar reflectors Flag halyards Bosun’s chair Lifelines (new 2006) Hinckley custom folding 4-step swim ladder Boat Hook Docklines Fenders Fender board. (5) Life Jackets - type 1 with lights and whistles. Life sling - stern rail mounted starboard side. Horseshoe lifering - stern rail mounted portside. Fire extinguishers. Spotlight – Handheld. Electric horn - mounted on Mizzen spreader Life Raft - Sea Safe 6-man self-righting Offshore Life Raft. Honda 8-hp 4-stroke outboard motor - on stern rail mount. Sunbrella covers for all exterior teak and winches new (2006) Sail covers new (2006) Fresh water wash down spigot aft of cockpit at propane locker. Magma SS grill mounted on stern rail. Propane and storage locker aft of cockpit. (2-10lb propane tanks) Deck prism in head NicroFico Solar vents in cabin hatches Custom Hinckley TV antenna
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378