Built by the renowned Paul Luke yard of aluminum in East Boothbay Maine and designed by German Frers for the original owner to take him around the world in any ocean.
Refit in early 2014 including new prop shaft, dripless shaft seal, refurbished max prop, new engine mounts, new exhaust riser, brand new AGM house battery bank, new custom day tank, new Petit Hydrocoat Eco bottom paint, and lots more. She underwent a major interior, electrical, and mechanical refit in 2004 which included new lighting, headliner, counter tops, plumbing and fixtures, wine locker, new generator, new windlass, new watermaker, full electrical rewiring, and more. She was surveyed with ultrasound in September 2013 and all readings taken showed normal plate thickness.
- Walk Through
- Simba is an aft cockpit pilothouse cutter. Entering the pilothouse from the spacious cockpit you have the nav station to port and a navigators berth and seat to starboard. From the pilothouse you can keep watch, stay warm and dry, and steer with the autopilot. Taking two steps down into the saloon you have quarterberths port and starboard. Just forward of the quarterberths you have a spacious wrap around galley to port and a large settee and dining table with captains chair to starboard. Continuing forward you have the head to port. Next you enter the master cabin with the large pullman berth, two hanging lockers, shelves, and a vanity. Forward of that you enter the guest cabin which includes a large v-berth, hanging lockers and cabinets both port and starboard.
- Full pilothouse with nav station and nav berth/seat Master cabin with large pullman berth, guest cabin with v-berth, and 2 quarter-berths Yanmar 66hp 4JH-HTE with 3600 hours and dual alternators House battery bank 2 AGM 8A8D 2014 New aquamet propeller shaft 2014 New engine mounts 2014 New engine exhaust riser 2014 New PYI dripless shaft seal 2014 New PYI shaft isolator 2014 New cutlass bearing 2014 Refurbished Maxprop with new blades and gears 2014 New Petit Hydrocoat Eco bottom paint July 2014 Full interior refit 2004 New lighting 2004 New head liner 2004 New counter tops in galley and head 2004 New sinks and plumbing fixtures 2004 New wine locker 2004 New cushions 2010 Full electrical rewire including new panel 2004 Next Gen Power 3.5 kw genset 2004 Little Village water maker 30 gph 2004 KVH satellite phone 2004 Xantrax Freedom Marine Inverter/Charger 2004 ICOM M710 SSB with auto tuner 2002 New Lewmar Concept 2 windlass 2004
- B&G Hydra 2000 Wind/speed/depth Icom IC-M710 SSB with auto tuner KVH Tracfone 252 satellite phone Garmin GPS Map 220 Chartplotter Furuno 1700 Radar 2 EPIRB’s Icom VHF 2 handheld VHF’s Pioneer Stereo
- 50 amp shore power Xantrax Freedom Marine Inverter/Charger (100amp charger/2000 watt inverter) Next Generation Power 3.5kw Generator (Kubota) 2 8D AGM house batteries 490 amp hours. 2 AGM cranking batteries (one for main engine/one for genset) Isolation tranformer Alternator 2014
- Full Battened mainsail (hood cloth) Stay sail #1 & 2 and Yankee jib #1 & 2 Blade jib Genoa #1 & 2 Furling genoa Storm jib Spinnaker 3 Asymmetric spinnaker Trisail storm staysail
- Interior Eqipment
- Adler Barber CU-150 cold machine refrigerator Adler Barber CU-150 cold machine freezer Electric bilge pump 3 manual bilge pumps Hot water dual heat source 6 gal Propane oven and stove Wilcox Crittenden Skipper II Marine head
- Exterior Equipment
- Cockpit cushions Radar reflector Liferaft 6 man switlik 10' Cape Dory sailing dinghy with sailing rig and sails and deck cradle Inflatable dinghy Mercury 6hp 4 stroke outboard Sailomat wind vane self steering Neco marine autopilot Magma marine BBQ
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.