"SAFFANAH" - AN IMPRESSIVE 32' CRUISING SAILBOAT...
AT AN EQUALLY IMPRESSIVE PRICE!
This Down East 32 has been completely refitted stem to stern - there's little that has not been replaced and little that a cruiser would need that is not included! This 32 footer is great for coastal cruising but is equally capable of crossing oceans. Her very impressive list of new or recently replaced equipment includes:
* ARIES SELF STEERING
* HULL AWLGRIP PAINTED IN 2010
* NEW STANDING RIGGING
* NEW LEWMAR SELF TAILING WINCHES
* NEW PROP
* NEW THRU-HULLS AND PLUMBING THROUGHOUT
* NEW DINGHY AND OUTBOARD
* RECENT BOTTOM PAINT
* NEW ELECTRONICS
* NEW SSB WITH PACTOR MODEM
See the full specifications for all the details. Don't miss this rare opportunity to own this special vessel!
- Saffanah has a beautiful warm Teak interior with a nice Teak and Holly cabin sole. The galley counters are a beautiful Acacia. Upon entering down the companionway you will find the Nav Station to starboard. To port is the u- shaped galley. Heading forward you will find the salon with the dining table to port and a settee to starboard. There is ample storage in the settees and outboard behind the settees. Forward past the bulkhead is the head to port, a nice hanging locker to starboard, and a good sized V-Berth all the way forward. Mermaid Air Conditioning: M-12CHP-R 12,000 BTU's in cool mode -14,000 BTU's in reverse cycle heat mode. 110V service Lighting: Excellent natural, LED/Incandescent 12 V electric (4) overhead hatches. Two 12 volt fans One opening hatch in cabin leading to cockpit Fabric Cinnamon – Sunbrella Interior Cushions: New Foam and Fabric installed March 201 Wooden narrow slat venetian blinds Overhead: Longitudinal simulated planking. Teak and holly laminate ½” Sole – installed April 2010 Interior teak refinished 2010 - 2013 Cockpit Cushions custom fitted to all open cockpit areas Installed in March 2012. INTERIOR COMMENTS The original Down East interiors incorporated a fabric headliner and veneered marine plywood cabinetry. Over the past two years the fabric headliner was removed and replaced with water proof and paintable PVC wainscot . The plywood cabinetry has been removed and replaced with custom teak and mahogany cabinetry. Results are beautiful.
- FULL SPECIFICATIONS:
- GALLEY REFRIGERATION Adler-Barbour 12VDC cold plate system located forward of galley under port setee. ICE CHEST(s) One (1) top-opening built-in flush beneath forward galley counter and One (1) ice chest built-in-flush beneath aft galley counter – both insulated - 2 inches polyurethane foam STOVE Force 10 propane stainless, gimbaled two-burner with broiler – rebuilt and cleaned 2013 STOVE FUEL STORAGE Two (2) horizontal aluminum cylinders in dedicated cockpit locker with solenoid shutoff valve MICROWAVE Magic Chef 750 watt, 1.6 cubic foot SINK(S) (1) stainless. New 2010. STORAGE (1) locker beneath sink, (1) beneath aft counter, (1) beneath stove, (3) drawers and outboard sliding-front shelves COUNTER TOPS Varnished teak BARBEQUE GRILL Magma 15” propane grill – rail mounted in cockpit LPG SAFETY SYSTEM Trident Gas control and detection system Model 1300-7760 12V with solenoid installed in cockpit locker (New 2012) ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION FIXED MOUNT VHF ICOM 424 VHF Radio New June 2013 VHF Antenna Two (2) 1- Shakespeare 36” fixed mount on radar arch and one Shakespeare 36” mast mounted SSB RADIO ICOM 802 HF Transciever SSB RECEIVER Grundig Satellit 750 Radio Receiver battery powered with Sangean ANT-60 Short Wave Antenna MODEM Pactor PCT II Pro Autopilot Raymarine SPX 5 wheel pilot w/ back up tiller pilot CHART PLOTTER(s) One (1) Garmin chart plotter 3210 with GPS 17x external WAAS receiver installed at navigation station and One (1) networked Garmin 3205 chart plotter installed on steering pedestal ELECTRONIC CHARTS Garmin Blue Charts North Americas and Bahamas RADAR Garmin 18 HD 4 KW 18” radar – 36 nm range SATELLITE Weather Receiver XM WX radio, receiver and antennae (subscription required) AIS RECEIVER/TRANSMITTER Garmin 600 AIS transceiver with separate GPS 17x GPS WAAS RECEIVER Garmin GPS 17x external WAAS PASSIVE RADAR REFLECTOR Viking standard tri-lens reflector mast mounted MARINE NETWORK Garmin GMS 10 NEMA 183/2000 Network expander Depth Sounder(s) Two (2) – Standard Horizon (Display mounted in cockpit bulkhead and a Garmin GDS 21 Sounder with Garmin B60-20º Transducer with display through Garmin 3210 chart plotter. The boat has been equipped with an aluminum radar arch fabricated from 2’ OD schedule 40 and 1 ¼ “ schedule 40 reinforcing truss and corner gussets. A custom boom gallows is installed and fitted forward of the canvas dodger over the companion way. Articulating dinghy davits employ the radar/electronics arch to raise and lower davits. Designed to support davits are supported independently from radar arch when underway. Navigational electronics (GPS and Depth) are redundant – separate GPS antennae and displays for 3210 and 3205 chart plotters. VHF antenna is installed at mast head as well as a backup VHF antenna installed on radar arch – feeding AIS/VHF transponder and ICOM VHF/DSC to assure radio/antenna redundancy. HULL, DECK AND SUPERSTRUCTURE STEM Clipper bow. KEEL Full keel with cutaway forefoot BALLAST Internal to the keel cavity [listed in Mauch’s as 5,500 lbs.] TOPSIDES COLOR Awlgrip Matterhorn white [simulated lap strake] (new 2012) SHEER STRIPE COLOR Awlgrip Aurora Metallic Gold with black accent stripe (new 2012) BOTTOM PAINT COLOR Black – paint applied 2/2012 TOE RAIL Varnished teak cap rail on gunwales. RUB RAIL Stainless strip on topsides below sheer strake. SUPERSTRUCTURE Trunk cabins with cockpit combings and canvas removable cockpit dodger aft. LADDERS (1) six-step stainless removable re-boarding ladder. HATCHES (1) custom solid teak forward coach roof hatch, (3) aluminum-framed lens hatches in coach roof, (1) sliding wood companionway with one inch teak weather boards and (2) fiberglass cockpit hatches. All new 2012 PORTS (1) bronze-framed oval opening port on main bulkhead and externally-fitted. ½” Lexan fixed port lights. LIFELINES Double plastic-sheathed 3/16-inch 1x19 stainless wire rope on stainless stanchions with side gates – All lifelines replaced 3/1/2010 HULL, DECK AND SUPERSTRUCTURE COMMENTS: Hull constructed of laid-up solid fiberglass, and liner is a one piece construction. Bulkheads are marine plywood with ¼ fiberglass planking installed in 2011. The hull was professionally primed (three coats) and spray painted (three coats) with Awlgrip in July 2011. New bow sprit installed in 2000. Mast is deck stepped and compression post to keel shows no damage or dry rot. All through hull fittings, valves and hoses (total of 8) were replaced in July 2011. SAILS AND RIGGING TYPE RIG Cutter MAST(S) deck-stepped off-white coated aluminum with wood compression post. MAST TRACK(S) External stainless track riveted on 2 ½-inch centers with TIDES polycarbonate strong track installed MAIN BOOM Off-white coated aluminum boom with traditional gooseneck at mast. STAYSAIL BOOM Club footed staysail aluminum boom attached to bow sprit SPREADERS Solid white coated aluminum (replaced July 2010) WHISKER POLE(S) (1) anodized aluminum with quick release fittings. MAIN SHEET Mid-boom sheeting, 5:1 purchase with 7/16-inch yacht braid. (New April 2010) HALYARD WINCHES (2) Lewmar AST 16 single speed aluminum self-tailing New Aug 2012 SECONDARY WINCHES (2) Lewmar No. AST 30 two speed self-tailing new August 2012 BOOM REEFING WINCH (1) Barlow No. 18 single-speed chromed bronze. MAINSHEET WINCH (1) Lewmar No. 8 Self Tailing S/S chrome two speed WINCH HANDLES (2) Lewmar 10” locking carbon fiber (2) traditional alloy, (1) chromed bronze and (2) plastic. BOOM VANG (Preventer) Garhaeur 40UAG 4-1 purchase w/50 ft. 7/16 inch braided line (New April 2010) BLOCKS All running rigging blocks are Garhaeur stainless steel size 30 – New 2010 TOPPING LIFT(S) Two (2) 3/8 -inch yacht braid (New April 2010) HALYARDS (Four) Two (2) 7/16 inch – Main and Jib and one (1) 3/8 – inch Staysail, One (1) 3/8 – for the Jib/Spinnaker/Drifter (all new April 2010) LAZY JACKS Mack Pack lazy jack system installed in January 2010 complete with new black Sunbrella Canvas SAIL CANVAS Roller furled working jib with Sunbrella (new Jan 2011) sacrificial strip MAIN SAIL REEFING Harkin adjustable two point slab reefing system WIND DIRECTION INDICATOR Windex 15 mast head wind direction indicator SPINNAKER Asymmetrical spinnaker with sleeve and tacker (lightly used) 115% JIB DIMENSIONS (serviceable conditions repaired and cleaned April 2010) ROLLER FURLING Alado A-2 Roller furling head sail system New July 2010 SAILS AND RIGGING COMMENTS : The mast was re-stepped in November 2010 and all standing rigging removed and replaced. The old standing rigging was retained and to be used as spares. All new mast wiring and VHF antennae cable was installed in November 2010. Main, Staysail and Yankee are JSI – Doyle Ploch. Asymmetrical Spinnaker is UK – Ulmer. The fully battened main, stay sail and yankee jib are new and unused. The hank-on working jib and genoa are relatively old but serviceable. AUXILIARY PROPULSION SYSTEM ENGINE(S) 1988 Perkins Diesel – 30HP Perama M30 TRANSMISSION Hurth Model HBW-50, 2.05:1 gear reduction TYPE COOLING Sealed: fresh water-cooled with seawater heat exchange. SEACOCK(S) Bronze ball valves (new 2012 EXHAUST SYSTEM Wet exhaust with flexible hoses. New hoses 6/2011 SHIFT/THROTTLE CONTROLS Dedicated lever on pedestal steering with Morse cables – cables replaced and mechanism rebuilt 3/1/2011. RECORDED HOURS Approximately 1250. PROPELLER SHAFT(S) (1) one inch stainless STUFFING BOX (ES) Bronze – rebuilt December 2010 SHAFT LOG(S) Bronze – rebuilt December 2010 EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN Manual throttle-back located in cockpit and manual dedicated battery switch located at companion way/engine compartment access. Second Battery Switch located at Navigation Station GAUGES AT HELM STATION (1) Tachometer and (1) Water Temperature. (1) Oil Pressure – New 2011 GAUGES IN ENGINE ROOM (1) Fuel – switch available to measure both fuel tanks AUXILIARY PROPULSION SYSTEM COMMENTS: Water pump was rebuilt in May 2010, and all engine hoses were replaced in 2010. All through hulls were replaced in August 2011. Engine was professionally serviced in May 2010, with rusted parts replaced at that time. Cutlass bearing and stuffing box replaced June 2010. A new instrument and ignition control panel was installed in 2010 and new engine ignition electrical harness installed 2011. All diesel fuel lines replaced in February 2011 and both fuel tanks drained and cleaned in 2013. Engine exhaust line was replaced in 2011. Fuel polishing and fuel tank isolation systems were installed on both main and auxiliary tanks in May 2011. FUEL SYSTEM TANKAGE Two (2) Fuel tanks – One 82 gallon aluminum tank installed beneath galley floor and one auxiliary 20 gal Tempo Cross-linked Polyethylene gallon installed in cockpit locker FUEL SYSTEM COMMENTS: Engine fuel supply is isolated between the auxiliary fuel (20 gal) and main fuel (82 gal) tank. Should one tank become contaminated, fuel supply may be switched to an alternative tank or fuel can be pumped from one tank to another. Fuel deck plates and hoses were removed and replaced in 2010. New diesel electric fuel pressurizing pump and new fuel lift pump installed in 2012. UNDERWATER MACHINERY AND HULL PENETRATION FITTINGS PROPELLER (1) 15 x 9 three-blade RH bronze (new July 2011) RUDDER(S) (1) fiberglass stepped on bronze keel shoe. THROUGH-HULL FITTINGS (1) 11/16-inch bronze on port just abaft amidships [sink and basin drain], (1) 15/16-inch and (1) 5/8-inch bronze on port amidships [toilet inlet and waste discharge] and (1) 1 5/16-inch bronze on starboard aft [cockpit scupper]. Additional through hulls for AC and engine (see note below) GROUNDING PLATE (2) small Dynaplate on starboard/port forward of amidships. CUTLASS BEARING Replaced June 2010 UNDERWATER MACHINERY COMMENTS: The cutlass bearing, shaft, stuffing box and propeller were removed in June of 2010 and cleaned and the cutlass bearing was replaced. All hoses, thru hulls and fittings were inspected and replaced in June 2010. Stuffing box inspected and refurbished at the same time. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM A new 30 amp shore power system was installed in July 2010, incorporating new AC distribution panel, Xantrax 2000 watt inverter/charger, and all new tin coated 120V wiring. AC SYSTEM PRIMARY SERVICE (1) 30 AMP Receptacle with 40’ shore power cable AUXILIARY AC PANEL BOARD Paneltronics #3306 - AC 9 Position w/Shore/Inverter Mains and Meters with double-throw fused switches. Installed November 2010 METERS ON MAIN AC PANEL BOARD1 (AC) Volts and (1) AC Amps with polarity diode BATTERY CHARGER/INVERTER (1) Xantrex Freedom 20 Filtered Modified sine wave inverter and Automatic 3-stage battery charger, Rated at 2000 watts of 120 volt power (new 2010) INVERTER CHARGER CONTROL Xantrex charger control panel installed at navigation station SHORE POWER One (1) 30 Amp – 50 foot cable with 50 to 30 amp splitter – New November 2014 DC SYSTEM : STORAGE BATTERIES (4) group 31 12 - volt AGM 104 AH (new May 2010) 96 amp hourrs STARTER BATTERY (1) Group 24 deep cycle gel cell chemistry SELECTOR SWITCH(S) (1) Blue Sea System for 12 V DC system (1) Blue Sea System for Starter Battery and Engine Emergency Shut-off – both replaced in August 2010. MAIN DC PANEL BOARD Paneltronics 24-position breaker switch panel with (2) single pole, double-throw fused switches SECONDARY DC PANEL Paneltronics 6 – position breaker switch panel with (2) single pole double throw switches housing cockpit lighting, located on radar arch above cockpit ALTERNATOR 100 Amp Balmar Alternator Model: OE60-100-SR-IG with Programmable Voltage Regulator (new Jan 2012) ELECTRICAL SYSTEM COMMENTS: Both the 120 V AC and 12 V DC electrical systems have been updated in 2010/11 and new 120 wiring installed in 2011 – all wiring has been replaced with tinned-copper and terminals and connections crimped and heat sealed in accordance with AYBA recommendations. New alternator was installed in Jan 2012 and all wiring associated with the alternator and regulator was replaced. All 110 V wiring was replaced in 2012. STEERING SYSTEM TYPE Lewmar/Luton/Whitlock Cobra 5D rack and pinion system WHEEL 32 inch diameter w/ leather cover WIND VANE Aries tilt up #5 wind vane AUTOPILOT Raymarine p70 SmartPilot X-5 Wheel Pilot Pack STEERING COMMENTS Boat is fitted with a pedestal wheel steering as well as original tiller for back up. Autopilot and wind vane steering can be easily transferred from one steering system to the other assuring full redundancy between steering systems. Rudder was removed for inspection and new brass gudgeons and bearings installed in 2010 GROUND TACKLE AND DINGHY New ground tackle and rode installed in April 2010. A new teak anchor platform (including two S/S Lewmar anchor rollers) fabricated and installed June 2010 PRIMARY ANCHOR One (1) 35# Pound Bruce Plow with 20’ 1/4 inch galvanized and One (1) 200’ ½ inch 3 strand nylon SECONDARY ANCHOR One (1) 35# CQR Plow with 200’ ½ inch 3 strand nylon ADDITIONAL GROUND TACKLE One (1) 10# Danforth with two (2) ¾ 90’ three strand lengths of rode ANCHOR PLATFORM Teak wood bowsprit and platform with s/s gussets (New 2010) ANCHOR ROLLER(S) (2) stainless Lewmar anchor rollers – new Mar 2010 WINDLASS Lofrans “Royal” horizontal anodized aluminum finish manual windlass with both rope capstan and chain wheel DINGHY Zodiac Bombard Typhoon Aero 305 Sport Boat 10 foot length w/ interlocking fiberglass floor boards. Wt. 67#, Max Payload 850#, three air chambers, 8.5 hip max engine – 4’11” width overall (New 2010) DINGHY MOTOR 2007 Nissan four cycle 8HP outboard engine short shaft – (see detailed specification – end of document) OUTBOARD MOTOR LIFT Garhauer 30” S/S outboard motor-lift with sling DINGHY DAVITS Custom designed articulating dinghy davit system – accommodates permanent installation of Aries wind vane with dinghy attached to davits. Constructed from sch. 40 industrial aluminum pipe SEA ANCHOR 9’ Sea Anchor, Para Anchor by Fiorentino, complete with 100’ trip line and float DROGUE 48” Paratech Delta Drogue SAFETY EQUIPMENT : EPIRB ACR 2844 GLOBALFIX PRO RLB 37 - 406 CAT II W/GPS Interface and mount LIFE RAFT Avon 6 passenger life raft with valise – see detailed description at end of document. Latest inspection certified in 2012. FIRE FIGHTING SYSTEM (2) Kidde dry chemical Type B-I hand portable fire extinguishers [gauges indicated one discharged, one full, Mfd. 2008] and (1) Kidde dry chemical Type B-I [gauge indicated full pressure charge, Mfd. 2000]. PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE(S) (4) Type II adult size, (4) Type III adult size in soft zippered valise [new] TYPE IV PFD One (1) Type IV Throwable Horseshoe PFD. MOB RECOVERY LifeSling 2 with new sunbrella bag VISUAL DISTRESS SIGNALS (4) red hand flares [New.Jun.2014]. WHISTLE Hand-held compressed air horns. BELL Bronze 6 inch with bulkhead mounting NAVIGATION LIGHTS Redundant navigation lights Offshore - Mast head light Aqua Signal 32707 LED tri-color anchor – New 2010 Coastal lighting - Bow pulpit red/green navigation light and Stern light on radar arch above transom Perko Masthead/forward deck combination light at spreaders – New 2010 Dual LED spotlights installed on radar arch CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR Xantrex CO 2 detector MEDICINE CHEST Johnson & Johnson FirstAid Kit SPOTLIGHT Optronics NightBlaster QH-3000, 3,000,000 ft. candle 12V FRESH WATER SYSTEM TANKAGE One (1) 45 gallon stainless steel and one (1) 60 gallon stainless steel and one (1) six gallon hot water heater LOCATION Beneath saloon sole and aft of engine compartment FILL PIPE(S) (2) in starboard side deck amidships. DISTRIBUTION LINES Color coded PVC rigid tubing ELECTRIC PUMP Whale universal 12 V electric pressure pump 2.2 GPM – new 2012 OUTLETS Galley sink and head wash basin and head shower WATER HEATER Atwood EHM6 six gallon 120V/engine exhaust hot water heater – fitted in engine compartment All fresh water tubing was replaced in February 2011 and new pressurized water pump was installed. Water tanks are separated and independently plumbed to assure redundancy. BLACK WATER SYSTEM AND TOILET HOLDING TANK One (1) Collapsible bladder CAPACITY 12 gallons MARINE TOILET(S) Jabsco raw water manual flush. – rebuilt 2013 ANTI-SIPHON PROTECTION Bronze vented loop in discharge circuit. “Y” VALVE(S) (1) plastic – new 2013 MACERATOR PUMP Jabsco 12 V – new 2013. Boat has been equipped with a 15 gal rubber bladder and all hoses and fittings replaced in 2013- head was refurbished in 2013 – sewage system fully compliant with US Coast Guard regulations. Macerator pump is key operated to assure integrity of black water system GRAY WATER SYSTEM SHOWER DRAIN Shower drain to sump (New 2011) SHOWER SUMP PUMP Rule 500GPH (New 2011). PRIMARY BILGE PUMP Johnson 4,000 GPH float activated with manual override New 2013
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside Florida contact us for complete details .