- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Ankle Deep is a 42' Lagoon that is both fast and equipped for extended Islands and blue water cruising. She was originally commissioned as a four stateroom charter version which suffered damage during Hurricane Floyd in 1999. Subsequently she was purchased by the current owner, a retired sailmaker, and totally renovated for his use. Current configuration is more similar to an owners version. Ankle Deep just completed a three month cruise to the Bahamas and she is ready for new owners.
Note both engines have been replaced and recently (2013) rebuilt. Other new items include all new electrical systems and electronics, new mast, boom and sails, new bottom paint and above the water line all new paint including new non skid (2013) new bottom paint (2014). All new standing and running rigging. The owner also added, during refit, custom dagger boards to allow her to sail a true course with improved performance up wind. All of the heavy lifting has been completed for this vessel. Some interior finishes remain for completion by the new owners. Lots of space for additional equipment and options
Don't miss this opportunity to own a fast catamaran for under $160K!
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Lagoon 42 is the result of an association between two of the world's leading sailboat builders, Jeanneau and Tillotson Pearson. The Lagoon is a craft which combines an excellent layout with a capability of sailing very fast. She utilizes glass cloths, vinylester resins, balsa cored construction and leading molding techniques that have been perfected over more than five decades of combined manufacturing experience. This boat has two aft sleeping cabins, one forward sleeping cabin and interior contemporary design.
- Vessel Walk Through
- Upon stepping aboard Ankle Deep you immediately notice the newly painted hull and decks and the new non skid areas. Moving forward on deck to Port you will find the sail locker at the bow hull, new trampolin. Forward of the main cabin on deck are two large storage lockers below deck for the windlass - rode &line, propane tank, outboard engine storage, deck lines, and fenders. Aft is an uncluttered cockpit and helm area with comfortable seating for eight or more. Headroom under the Bimini top is exceptional There are two seating storage compartments for storage. The dingy davits are positioned between the two sets of molded stern steps leading down to the water line. The interior cabin featured a centered salon settee with surround seating. Five fixed panel cabin lights wrap above the settee. On the port hull at the center is the galley with a large pantry storage area forward and a sleeping cabin aft. On starboard hull center is a passageway with the head on the outboard side and the electrical systems wall mounted for easy access. Forward and aft on starboard are two sleeping cabins. There are eleven operable deck hatches.
- The galley refrigeration is a 12v Sea Frost Fridge cold plate and a Sea Frost engine driven compressor for the freezer. Double stainless steel sink with pressure hot and cold water. Force 10 three burner propane stove with oven.
- Electrical & Mechanical
- All new electrical wiring throughout with a new breaker panel. Two battery switches are located conveniently next to the breaker panel. Xandrex Controller Freedom 1000 Charger-Inverter is also next to the breaker panel. This is a multi level smart charger. Four (2014) Trojan 6v golf cart batteries ganged in two banks and each located in the engine compartments. Totals 435 amp/hrs. Both engines have upgraded 85 amp. alternators for battery bank recharging. 30 amp. shore power cord, 50'. Sea Frost refrigerator and Sea Frost freezer. The compressor is engine driven on one of the Yanmar's. New (2014) Kuna water heater 6 gals. Hot and cold water at the galley sink and in the head. Hot and cold hand held shower at the stern. In the port aft mechanical locker is an old generator, currently inoperable, that may be able to be rebuilt.
- Raymarine Autopilot ST5000 Plus Nexus Multi Control Log, Depth Sounder/Speed, wind. Garmin 320S GPS/Map Icom 75 VHF 6" Ritchie Compass 406 EPIRB Sony MP3 WMA system with two cockpit speakers.
- Two Yanmar 3GM30 Diesel Engines recently rebuilt (2013) and less than 500 hours. No hour meters. Engine controls at the helm are two Morse single lever controls. Shafts are direct drive with Flex-O-Fold bronze props. (No Sail Drives) Port engine powers the freezer compressor.
- There are four anchors aboard, Delta 44, Bruce 33, Fortress FX16 and a CQR 44. 150 lf of 3/8" chain and another 150' of misc. chain available on board. 500 lf of rode. The windlass is a Lofrans Seatiger There are eleven operable deck hatches for natural ventilation and sun light.
- Sails & Rigging
- New mast, boom, standing and running rigging. Main sail is fully batten Carbon Fiber FX23 with two deep reefs. Taffeta cover both sides. made for cruising on expensive large vessels, over kill but will last a long time. Eight battens, five full and three partial. The battens are tapered RBS with tension adjusters. SF area just under 700. Rolling furling self tacking jib. Tri-radial, Mylar with taffeta cover both sides and sun cover on the leech and foot. SF area is 260 Storm Jib is cross cut Dacron and hanks on to inner forestay. Used once SF area is 175. R eacher/Drifter is tri-radical, Mylar fabric with taffeta one side. Sheets to the toe rail, SF area is 525. Old Reacher is of Kevlar/Mylar tri-radical material in good condition. Approximately 525 SF area. Cruising Spinnaker is 1.5Oz. nylon, all radial. It is a white field color with a navy lightning bolt in the luff. SF area is app. 1,350 with a ATN type sleeve for launch and retrieval. Easy to fly. All sails are in excellent condition. Winches include two Lemar 48 self tailing single speed at the cockpit. At the mast are two Lemar 42 two speed and one Lemar 30. As part of the recommissioning of Ankle Deep the owner added two dagger boards. Each dagger board was installed midship (Port Galley & Starboard Companionway) and the chases appear in the photos as built in cabinetry. These dagger boards are manually operated via deck line. Ankle Deep has recorded speeds of 19 knts. in 34 MPH winds per the owner.
- Barbacue Force 10 grill included. Dingy with engine is available. Excluded at the owner personal tools and dishware.
- Contact Capt. Mark Newton for a personal preview of this Lagoon 42. Cell 813-523-1717