- 44 (ft.)
- Maximum Draft
- Fuel Capacity
- Water Capacity
- Hull Material
- Deck Material
- Fuel Tank Material
- Ford Lehman
- Fuel Type
- Engine Type
- Engine Horse Power
- Number of Staterooms
- Number of Heads
Australis is a solid and comfortable US-registered ketch built specifically for blue water cruising. It is an ideal boat for living aboard and seeing the world. The spacious design has plenty of natural light and ventilation throughout. The fully- enclosed center cockpit, with a hard top, sturdy stainless frame and side panels that slide in a double track, makes passages extremely comfortable.
The hull design demonstrates classic curves and the interior features beautiful teak work with bronze and brass fittings. There is a walk-in, full height engine room with a workbench and excellent access to the engine and to all other equipment.
The boat is fully-equipped for long-distance cruising with all required safety and communication equipment. Australis has been carefully maintained and cared for by both the current owners (8 years) and the previous owners (approx. 16 years), and has a proven track record of completing major ocean crossings.
Some key features that make Australis a unique boat:
- Loads of convenient and creatively designed storage space that doesn't compromise the living space
- Lots of head room (approx. 7 feet in the main cabin area and engine room)
- A walk-in engine room with a work bench and good tool storage
- A large front-opening fridge with shelving and a large freezer
- A spacious cockpit with protection from all weather. It can be as open or enclosed as you want and has attachable shade covers for all sides to provide protection from the sun and rain. The cockpit stays dry even in the heaviest of downpours.