- 52 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- NH250 855 cu. in.
- Number of Engines
HEADWIND is one of two very similar design Seaton custom trawlers built by Mar Marine of Connecticut. The sistership was built for the owner of Sea Brace stabilizers. The entire project took several years but was finished in 1984.
HEADWIND is a super heavy duty long range trawler built to take you anywhere and back!
- Total Power: 250 Cruising Speed: 8.3 k Max Speed: 9.5 k
- Guest Cabin
- Starting forward are Cruiseair AC controls on the forward bulkhead, adjacent to a small teak louvered door locker outboard. Immediately below to starboard are two over/under bunks along the starboard side hull liner. Above the upper berth is an opening porthole with drapes and upholstered valance. Below the lower berth are two storage drawers. Each berth has a reading light. Additional storage is located under the mattress of the lower berth. To port is a teak louvered door hanging locker with a teak tambour storage cabinet below. Further to port along the hull sides are four teak storage shelves. Next inboard are eight curved steps leading to the foc’sle type deck entrance to this cabin. Next aft is an entrance to the en suite Head, followed by a watertight door into the Master Stateroom. Also in this cabin are DC fluorescent overhead lighting fixtures, carpeted sole and an intercom.
- Guest Head
- The Guest Head has a mica vanity with teak louvered door below and a stainless steel sink with brass fixtures above. A sliding mirrored two door medicine cabinet is above. Two louvered teak doors provide additional storage. The toilet is a Vacuuflush fresh water head. The shower is within the Head utilizing a Delta mixing valve and hand held or wall mountable fixture. The sole is a teak grating with a drain below. Also in the Head is an opening port hole with drapes, clothesline, DC fluorescent lighting and a sliding teak pocket door.
- Master Stateroom
- Access via steps from the Galley through a watertight door is the Master Suite occupying the full beam of the vessel. The berth itself is queen size and set athwarthship off the port hull side. Above the berth are two reading lights, two fiddled shelves and two opening portholes with drapes and upholstered valances with rope lighting behind. There are two storage cuddies above the berth, one behind the upholstered headboard. Below the berth are two large drawers forward and four small drawers aft. A two door cabinet is at the foot of the berth. Both fore and aft of the berth are large louvered teak door hanging lockers with one teak drawer below the forward locker and two drawers aft. The aft bulkhead has full Mylar mirrors giving the stateroom a large feeling. The forward bulkhead has the entrance to the en suite Head to port, the secondary entrance to the Forward Cabin amidship and a two person settee to starboard. The starboard bulkhead starting forward has the settee followed by two ¾ height lockers with teak louvered doors. The forward one is utilized for hanging space and the aft is the stabilizer locker with room for additional storage. Above is a 20” Sony flat screen TV, an ESA VCR/DVD/CD combo, a small table lamp and two opening portholes with drapes and an upholstered valance with rope lighting behind.
- Master Stateroom Head
- The en suite Head is to port and within the Master. The vanity has ceramic tile with a teak louvered door below and a slate type lamite with stainless steel sink above. Two sliding mirrored doors provide medicine cabinet storage while two teak louvered doors provide additional storage. The head is a Vacuuflush fresh water model. The stall shower has a ceramic tile sole and walls with a clear glass door and side light. The fixture is hand held or wall mountable and the shower includes a ceramic tile seat. Also in the Head is a Tank Watch holding tank monitor, an opening porthole with drapes and upholstered valance and a DC fluorescent light fixture overhead.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The very functional Pilothouse can be entered from either the port or starboard sliding teak doors with secondary interior hinged teak door or from steps from the Galley area. The helm is on centerline with an upholstered mounted helm chair behind a 40” stainless steel Destroyer wheel. To both port and starboard are three louvered teak cabinet doors with storage within. To starboard is a drawer as well. The electronics are all custom mounted in teak cabinets with black mica facing. The signature Steve Seaton forward centered windshield has five separate panels with the center having a Clearview panel. Behind the helm seat is a watch berth/seat. The sole is teak and holly. Overhead are three small DC lights and one AC light.
- Furuno 72 mile radar Northstar 941X GPS Standard Horizon auto fog horn Datamarine Dart depth, speed & log Timble Navigraphics XL GPS/plotter Robertson AP 35 auto pilot Danforth Constellation Express 6” compass Icom M-126 DSC VHF Icom M-126 DSC VHF Standard Horizon apparent wind indicator Furuno FCV 582 color video sounder Flow Scan gallons per hour indicator w/totalizer Garmins GPS 45 Stephens SEA 222 SSB Alpine CDE 7825 AM/FM/CD Clearview windscreen viewer w/heater Full VDO gauges for engine VDO rudder angle indicator Full VDO gauges for generator 1 Full VDO gauges for generator 2 Mitsubishi hand set for satellite service Motorolla hand set for cell service Nine position Hart Tank tender, 8 fuel, 1 water Naiad Marine stabilizer controls Hynautic control for variable pitch prop Hynautic clutch & throttle controls Manual search light control
- The Galley is U shaped and to port and contains all the equipment listed below: Double stainless steel sinks w/removable spray faucet Cobalt blue tile countertops Princess three burner stove top w/cutting board Princess oven Stainless steel holding plate refrigerator Stainless steel holding plate freezer Kitchen Aid stainless steel microwave (5) Teak cabinet doors (3) Teak & glass cabinet doors above for dishes Opening side window with screens & Duette shades Teak & holly sole (4) Teak drawers Pull out storage units under sink Slide out pantry Under counter fluorescent lighting Galley has its own arched entry door from the starboard side decks.
- Just aft of the Galley in the companionway to starboard is the Laundry Center with a combo washer/dryer and additional pantry storage. Next aft is a partial bulkhead with pass through to the Galley and a built in bookshelf below with two drawers, an AM/FM/CD player and a hidden subwoofer below. There are five small shelves and one large shelf for storage. Next aft is a built in L shaped settee along the port bulkhead with storage below. A teak Hi Lo double leaf table with two stools to match the settee lies in front of the sofa. Two upholstered swivel occasional chairs and a three drawer teak coffee table are to starboard. The Salon entry door from the Aft Deck is arched and has its own bi fold teak screen door. Also in the Salon are seven opening screened windows with Roman style shades, upholstered valances with demi drapes and rope lighting behind, a brass swing arm lamp, four DC fluorescent light fixtures in the overhead, digital AC controls, a smoked glass mirror over the pass through and a carpeted sole.
- Marquipt dinghy cradle Stainless steel stanchions with life lines Marquipt Low Profile davit w/canvas cover Givens life buoy life raft (out of date) Functional funnel w/dry stack exhaust Danforth Constellation 6” compass Datamarine Multi depth speed log gauge Hynautic clutch & throttle controls Hynautic controls for variable pitch prop Full VDO gauges for engine & generator VDO rudder angle indicator Wood Freeman jog steering lever Sliding teak & plexiglass hatch to Aft Deck
- Fore Deck
- 105 lb. CQR anchor w/20’ chain & 200’ stainless steel cable 65 lb. CQR stainless steel anchor w/200’ 1” rode Bow pulpit with rails & dual anchor rollers Plath 32 volt on deck windlass, new motor 2001 Deck switches for windlass operation International navigation lights Fiberglass non skid decks Welded stainless steel bow rail w/lifeline Varnished teak toe rail Five to six person upholstered bow seat w/cover Stereo speakers Splash doors on port & starboard side deck entrances Fresh water wash down Upright forward cabin entrance w/varnished teak doors & cover Varnished sliding Pilothouse doors port & stbd
- Aft Deck
- Transom door access to the swim platform Teak swim platform Stainless steel & teak tread seven step ladder to Boat Deck & Flybridge Four step teak & stainless steel swim ladder Teak entry door to Salon Freeman watertight hatch to Lazarette Varnished teak cap rail DC overhead light Port & stbd side entry gates Port & stbd side deck lighting Port & stbd side deck teak hand rails Fresh water wash down Port & stbd side deck ventilation for Engine Room Port & stbd side deck extra large freeing ports Varnished teak ensign pole Port & stbd fender tracks Port & stbd extra heavy duty guard rail
- 12 volt, 32 volt DC electric system 120 volt AC electrical system Dual 50 amp dockside shore power inlets port & stbd w/cords Phone & TV inlet port & stbd w/cords Each shore service has its own amp meter AC volt meter Frequency meter Port & stbd shore cord rotary switch for each bus (2) 32 volt amp meters 32 volt battery monitor 32 volt rotary switch for bank 1, bank 2, or both Guest 12 volt 15 amp charger Professional Mariner 32 volt 25 amp charger (1) 8D Generator battery (4) 8D Batteries (1) 4D Battery Battery shut off switches 110 volt outlet in Engine Room 8 kW Onan generator w/1393 hours 15 kW Onan generator in Lazzarette Group 27 oil change pump battery
- Engine Room
- Fireboy 1301 Halon fire control system Naiad stabilizers Engine Room acoustical & thermal insulation Dry stack exhaust system (8) Fuel tanks w/16 valve manifold fuel system 2 ¾” main prop shaft w/oil bath lubrication Helseth (Norway) adjustable 3 blade prop Capitol HYC 6900 3:1 ratio transmission 13 Drawer steel tool chest AC fluorescent lighting 855 Cu in NH250 Cummins engine Hynautic hydraulic steering Watermakers Inc. 750 GPD watermaker Reverso oil change system 3 pts (4) Cruiseair air conditioning compressors Racor dual 900 main engine fuel filters (2) Racor 500 fuel filters for generators 120 volt pressure water pump 32 volt pressure water pump Fill Rite fuel transfer gauge & pump Remote mount Galley fridge compressor Fuel manifold Algae X fuel polishing system
- HEADWIND is one of two very similar design Seaton custom trawlers built by Mar Marine of Connecticut. The sistership was built for the owner of Sea Brace stabilizers. The entire project took several years but was finished in 1984. HEADWIND is a super heavy duty long range trawler built to take you anywhere and back!
- While every effort was made to list all pertinent included equipment aboard HEADWIND, there are some personal belongings aboard. Prospective purchasers should assume any item not specifically mentioned herein will not convey at closing.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call Jeff Stanley, Central Agent: office-954/525-8112, cell-954/249-0360, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To see Gilman Yachts boats for sale, click below. BOATS FOR SALE