The Gulfstar 49 is a very popular, innovative and proven design. They are very well built, with more comfort and living space than many larger yachts, making them not only ideal as long range cruisers but as live aboard homes.
With her warm teak interior, custom decor, upgraded & extensive equipment package and dependable diesel engines, Island Odyssey is truly a luxury yacht...but without the luxury yacht price tag.
We know how frustrating it can be to travel to a vessel with high expectations, only to be disappointed upon inspection. You will not be disappointed with Island Odyssey!
Quality trades considered.
- The Gulfstar 49 is an innovative, excellent design with a three (3) stateroom, three (3) head layout. The forward guest stateroom, with its centerline queen berth, private head & shower, hanging closet and large amount of storage is often mistaken for the master stateroom. The actual master stateroom is located aft and has a queen berth, private head with large shower, two (2) hanging closets and a tremendous amount of cabinet and drawer storage. The center guest stateroom has a slide-out double berth, hanging closet, ample storage and a custom removable desk, which makes it ideal for use as an office or study.
- Galley & Appliances
- Corian countertop with built-in Corian sink Moen single-handle faucet with spray attachment EcoPure drinking water faucet with Aqua-Pure AP217 under-counter filtration system GE four (4) burner glass top radiant cooktop KitchenAid microwave/convection/combination oven Whirlpool Dishwasher Hotpoint 14.5 cubic ft Refrigerator/Freezer Trash Compactor Teak cabinetry & Parquet Flooring Kenmore Stacked Laundry Center Raritan lcerette Automatic Ice Maker -In the upper salon Raritan 20 gallon electric: Water Heater with a Heat Exchanger fed from the generator
- Electronics, Navigation & Entertainment
- Raymarine C80 Radar/Color GPS Chartplotter with Navionics Card for the US East Coast Ravmarine 24" 4KW (48nm) Radome scanner Garmin 2010C Color GPS Chartplotter with BlueChart Data Cards for the US East coast from Norfolk to Florida Autohelm ST-7000 Autopilot Autohelm ST-50 Speed & Log Autohelm ST-50 Depth with an ST-30 Repeater In the master stateroom Autohelm ST-50 Wind with an ST-30 Repeater In the master stateroom Autohelm ST-50 Fluxgate Steering Compass lcom VHF Radio with a Remote Handset and PA Speakers Forward & Aft Ritchie 5" Magnetic Compass Extensive MapTech Chart Kits & Cruising Guides for the US East Coast, Including charts, guides and Information comprehensive to the Great Loop KVH Trac Vision C3 Satellite TV Antenna System with (3) RCA Direct TV Receiver Boxes & Remotes wired through a MultiSwltch from the upper salon entertainment center to both the forward & master staterooms and the galley 12v/120v Skyworth 22" LCD TV with built-In DVD player, located in the entertainment center Omnidirectional, amplified, rotational VHF & UHF TV antenna In a weatherproof radome, which operates from either 12v or 120v and is hidden from view in the shroud forward of the flybrldge A-B-C selector switch in the entertainment center which allows quick selection of the TV Inputs from Antenna, Satellite & Dock Cable Service Alpine Radio/Cassette Player (non-functional) with an Alpine CD Changer, (3) 6-CD cassettes and volume controlled stereo speakers In the upper salon, galley, all staterooms and the flybridge
- Onan 20KW Generator In a sound enclosure, run by a cummins 4-cyllnder diesel engine Heart Interface Freedom 20 Multistage Battery Charger for the house batteries with a 2000 watt inverter currently wired to provide 120v to the refrigerator, Ice maker, microwave oven and the outlets in the galley, upper salon & staterooms Xantrex TrueCharge 40 amp Multistage Battery Charger for the engine start batteries (2) New NAPA Commercial 4D wet cell house batteries (2) NAPA Commerclal 4D wet cell engine start batteries Glendenning Cable Master with 80' of 50 amp shore power cable Additional shore power cable and adapters ACR remote controlled Searchlight Dual Jabsco Air Horns with new compressor (4) 12v lights and (2) 120v double florescent lights in the engine room (bright as daylight) 120v indirect florescent lighting In the upper salon and galley (2) 120v florescent lights In the master stateroom and (1) in the master head 12v lighting throughout
- Cruisair 4-ton (48,000 BTU) central reverse cycle Air Conditioning system with a new SMXIr control panel A/C supplied to the upper salon, galley, all three (3) staterooms and the engine room Galley Maid 7-gpm fresh water pump system with holding tank Vacuflush toilets with a new 30 gallon holding tank and new hoses New SensaTank holding tank monitor Tank Tender pneumatic tank monitor for diesel fuel and water Hynautic hydraulic steering system Morse SL3 Engine Controls for single lever shift & throttle operation Bennett Trim Tabs with control panel Engine pre-lube and oil change system (2) spare 4 blade, 24 x 24 bronze props (repaired/scanned/tuned) (1) Rule 1500 bilge pump (1) Rule 3700 bilge pump (1) Edson high capacity manual bilge pump (1) high water alarm
- Deck Equipment & Features
- Bottom painted in April 2009 Custom hardtop above the flybrldge with a radar mast and a hatchway & folding ladder to access the boat deck. NOTE: The Lexan windshield has developed multiple cracks and needs to be replaced Custom flybridge seating, storage, chart table and lighting Ideal Anchor Windlass Digital anchor chain meter & windlass control mounted at the helm Primary anchor: 66 lb Bruce with 250' of 3/8" high test chain Spare anchor: 45 lb CQR (stored In the engine room) Spare anchor: 35 lb Danforth, mounted at the forward lifeline Auxiliary anchor: 16 lb Danforth, mounted at the aft deck lifeline Sea Anchor (drogue): Jim Buoy Model 929 (4'-6" x throat x 6' length) Spare Chain: 50', 10' & 6' of 5/16" high test Spare anchor rode: 85' of ½” 3-strand nylon with 7' of 3/8" chain leader (for aft anchor) Spare anchor rode: 100'+ of ¾” 3-strand nylon with a l-1/2” galvanized eye and payout markers Spare anchor rode: 300' +/- of 7/8" 3-strand nylon (for drogue) (4) large stainless steel fender holders mounted on the foredeck lifeline (2) built-in foredeck storage lockers filled with spare lines Ample supply of fenders, dock lines and boat poles Custom removable lounge seating atop the forward cabin Fresh water wash-down spigot & hose at the foredeck Marquipt dock boarding Sea Stairs Marquipt Sea Ladder Permanent Stainless Steel ladder from the swim platform to the aft deck Custom Sunbrella awning over the aft deck Custom shade/privacy/bug screens over all galley windows and door windows Dinghy crane with a 3000 lb capacity SuperWinch and aluminum spreader bar for raising & lowering the dinghy from the boat deck 11' Caribe RIB dinghy (2001) with an electric start,4-stroke 20 hp Yamaha outboard (2008) New 12v marine start battery In dinghy (2011) canvas dinghy cover with vents & custom forward seat cushion 120v battery charger (for dinghy battery) Beckson Thirsty-Mate 136PF6 hand pump
- Safety Equipment
- Switlik MD2 6 person life raft ("as Is"-needs certification) LifeSling MOB Retrieval System mounted on the aft deck lifeline (4) Type I (Off-Shore) Adult Life Jackets (2) Type II Life Jackets (3) Type III (Recreational) Adult Life Jackets (1) Type IlI (Recreational) Youth Life Jacket (1)Type III (Recreational) Toddler Life Jacket Day & Night Signaling gear (all pyrotechnics are expired) Halex 1301(halon) engine room fire extinguishing system with (3) heat sensors, alarm bell and a remote manual release at the companionway down to the galley (6) 2-3/4 lb. A-B-C dry chemical fire extinguishers (1) battery operated Smoke Detector In the mid-ship guest stateroom (office) (1)Carbon Monoxide Detector In the Master Stateroom closet
- Excluded Items
- All personal items & gear
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact Mike Webster at (904) 923-0033 or via email at: MWebster@hmy.com CONTACT ID:MW