- 85 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- DI 12 6-Cylinder
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
NOT FOR SALE TO U.S. RESIDENTS WHILE IN U.S. WATERS
FORTALEZA is an elegant, but rugged Long Range Tri deck motor yacht offering 4 staterooms with spacious accommodations for 10 owners and guests. She is maintained in ready-to-cruise condition and upgraded often by her knowledgeable owners and seasoned crew who are all dedicated to the yacht full time.
FORTALEZA currently operates as a part of a Marine Archeology and Exploration Adventure Charter business. This presents a rare opportunity for her new owners to continue operating this highly acclaimed, very successful Archeology and Adventure Charter firm with its excellent momentum moving forward into 2012 and beyond. Advanced bookings are already on file and future projects, beneficial to her new owners, are in the works with several countries surrounding the Mediterranean.
September 2012... FORTALEZA has just completed an extensive yard period including COMPLETE HULL PAINT and BOTTOM PAINT RENEWAL, all running gear serviced and systems checked in preparation for a sea trial prior to moving into the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.
With over 100 years combined experience and often referred to as the Lewis and Clark of the ocean, the FORTALEZA’s owners and their hand picked team of archeologists and ocean scientists have discovered numerous ancient shipwrecks off the coasts of Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Sicily and Malta. Through their efforts the owners have developed very desirable relationships with governments, cultural institutions and Universities surrounding the Mediterranean that provide them exclusive access to numerous areas and sites not available to other yachts or individuals. Often, berthing and utilities are provided for FORTALEZA in prime marinas in return for the exploration of local waters.
If the business option is chosen, the R/V ISIS, incorporating state of the art ocean research and survey equipment – including a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) used to photograph and recover ancient artifacts some dating to 700 BC (see equipment description would be included with the business transaction.
Lucrative tax benefits and incentives may be applicable to the profit and non-profit operations offered herein.
Naturally FORTALEZA may also cruise to many other charter locations world wide with her fuel-efficient extended …………….
- NOT FOR SALE TO U.S. RESIDENTS WHILE IN U.S. WATERS FORTALEZA is an elegant, but rugged Long Range Tri deck motor yacht offering 4 staterooms with spacious accommodations for 10 owners and guests. She is maintained in ready-to-cruise condition and upgraded often by her knowledgeable owners and seasoned crew. September 2012... FORTALEZA has just completed an extensive yard period including COMPLETE HULL PAINT and BOTTOM PAINT RENEWAL, all running gear serviced and systems checked in preparation for a sea trial prior to moving into the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. With over 100 years combined experience and often referred to as the Lewis and Clark of the ocean, the FORTALEZA’s owners and their hand picked team of archeologists and ocean scientists have discovered numerous ancient shipwrecks off the coasts of Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Sicily and Malta. Through their efforts the owners have developed very desirable relationships with governments, cultural institutions and Universities surrounding the Mediterranean that provide them exclusive access to numerous areas and sites not available to other yachts or individuals. Often, berthing and utilities are provided for FORTALEZA in prime marinas in return for the exploration of local waters. If the business option is chosen, the R/V ISIS, incorporating state of the art ocean research and survey equipment – including a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) used to photograph and recover ancient artifacts some dating to 700 BC (see equipment description could be included with the business transaction. Lucrative tax benefits and incentives may be applicable to the profit and non-profit operations offered herein. Naturally FORTALEZA may also cruise to many other locations world wide with her fuel-efficient extended cruising range.
- Steel hull/aluminum superstructure: Shell Plating: ¼" top sides, 3/8"and 5/16" bottom plate Deck Plating: ¼" Keel: 3" x 10" full length Frames Transverse: 3" x 3" x 5/16 , with ¼" floors Bulkhead Plate: ¼" Bulkhead Stiffeners: 3" x 3" x ¼" (or corrugate, where applicable Superstructure: ¼" main deck, 3/16" upper deck Paint: "International" recommended coating system Fairing: Full fairing on hull and superstructure Watertight subdivision: Watertight integrity for the following: Fresh Water Tanks Steering Gear Compartment Engine Room Fuel Oil Tanks VIP Stateroom, Guest staterooms Collision bulkhead Cofferdam Windows, portlights & weather tight doors, etc. Storm shutters for all main deck windows (new 2011) All windows are stainless or aluminum framed, 12MM tempered glass Fixed portlights are 6MM clear safety glass, with dead lights covers Water tight doors on all watertight bulkheads and exteriors DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS, REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY A.B.S. (American Bureau of Shipping)
- Salon: Flat screen TV (NEW 2007) Windows 12MM tempered glass Recessed overhead AC lights 120 volts duplex outlets Handrails built into overhead spaces Full height TV-Stereo entertainment center with storage Dining table with built-in settee, owner supplied chairs Side board next to settee with storage Built in cabinets per drawings Bar with pass through to galley Flush watertight emergency exit from engine room Cherry wood flooring, (NEW 2007) Settee sofa style Coffee table with Granite top Abandon ship locker with first aid cabinet Cabinetry redesigned and rebuilt to store service for 12, (NEW 2007) Bar: Bar situated in the main salon, is fully kitted out for facilitating guests. Always fully stocked up and equipped to prepare all sorts of drinks and cocktails, this corner of the yacht will surely exceed expectations. Aft Deck Dining Area: The aft deck is an ideal dining area, where by guests are able to enjoy a wonderfully prepared meal on this spacious airy area of the yacht. Having an electric BBQ, as well as a fridge, the aft deck will definately complement the dining experience. Day Head: Head "Head Hunter" Italian Marble counter top with sink Italian Marble floor Automatic exhaust fan Master Suite on Main Deck: King size bed and ample storage with en suite bath Hanging wardrobe lockers Overhead AC lighting SAT TV 120 volts duplex outlets Settee Safe, built-in, and hidden Book shelves Master Bathroom: Head, "Head Hunter" Shower finished in Italian marble Vanity with granite counter top and sink, storage drawers and lockers Overhead AC lighting Lighted mirror over vanity Overhead exhaust fan, separate control 120 volts duplex outlets Towel racks Granite flooring Jacuzzi Bath tub Guest Stateroom 1: Double berth with en suite bath Wardrobe locker with cedar lining Overhead AC lighting 120 volt duplex outlet Book shelves Ensuite head with seperate shower Guest Stateroom 2: Flat screen TV, (NEW 2007) SAT TV Four single bunk berths with en suite bath Wardrobe locker with cedar lining Overhead AC lighting 120 volt duplex outlet Book shelves Ensuite head with seperate shower VIP Stateroom: King size bed with en suite bath 5 Wardrobe lockers with cedar lining SAT TV 120 volt duplex outlet Book shelves Ensuite head with large seperate shower Crew Quarters: Captain's cabin has a double bed, (2) hanging lockers, TV, ensuite head with seperate shower Granite floor for the bathrooms Crew cabin has two single beds with dedicated head with seperate shower Crew Galley: Microwave Refrigerator Sofa with table Stairwell & Passageways: Handrails Overhead lighting Carpet with foam pad on cabin soles Stairways in iron wood with satin finish Pilothouse: The pilothouse is fully equipped with all the latest navigational equipment. A comfortable sofa and table behind the captain's chair allow guests to observe the vessel being operated and manoeuvred. Skylounge: The Skylounge is aft of the pilothouse and provides a entertainment area and office work space. There is a 42" flat screen TV with satellite coverage as well as a DVD player. The boat has a large selection of DVD's and a library of historical and archeological books. Custom stainless BBQ grill, (NEW 2007) has served parties of 50+ guests on board Jacuzzi for 5 persons - pump replaced (NEW 2007) Refrigerator and sink Sofas and two tables SAT TV, 42" flat screen Joinery Details: Wood: Select Cherry Counter tops: Cherry, granite and marble Wood finish: satin finish Style: flat panel, curved corners, fabric panel inset All doors, drawers and cabinets to have positive latch mechanism Galley countertops have sea rails, other countertops have sea rails, All wardrobes have automatic on/off lighting All joinery to have toe space as necessary Cherry wood flooring in main salon, skylounge, and master stateroom (NEW 2007)
- Flat screen TV, (NEW 2007) Electric range with exhaust hood GE Refrigerator /Freezer Additional refrigeration added (NEW 2007) - 2 in galley and 2 in skylounge Microwave, counter lighting and additional storage added (NEW 2007) Brestemp stand alone freezer GE dishwasher Trash compactor Chrome fixtures Stainless steel deep basin double sink with under counter type rim Garbage macerator Overhead AC lighting Granite counter tops Sea rails built into the counter top Built in cabinets over and under counters per drawings Granite floor 120 volts duplex outlets Settee with granite table
- Deck Equipment
- Two electric windlasses with single wild cats for one anchor each (1) 440 lb. CQR anchor with 350 ft.of 5/8 proof coil chain on center line; 600 ft. of new anchor chain added to main anchor (NEW 2007) (1) Navy style anchor on starboard side Opacmare #3026, 1,800 lb. davit Stainless steel bollard, designed & built for being towed/towing Stainless steel spring cleats Hawse hole locations for all cleats and bollards Deck drains Non-skid deck surface Fresh water wash down for chain at roller location Fresh water spigot Exterior watertight deck lighting One anchor pocket, plate style Stainless steel cap on rub rail Storm boards made for all required ports & windows (NEW 2007) All port covers removed and reinforced with stainless steel backing (NEW 2007) All tanks opened, cleaned & painted (NEW 2007) Life rafts serviced and certified (NEW 2007) Sun Deck: Custom dumb waiter serves sun deck bar and grill area from the galley Teak deck on shaded areas Removable chocks for second tender Chock with gasoline tank under for 15' rib with 50H8 outboard motor Water spigot Air station to fill fenders and tender 6 fender holder Deck drains Non-skid deck surface Side Deck - Port & Starboard: Deck drains each side Non-skid surface on deck Stainless steel cleats Fuel, water, lube oil fills on deck Water tight doors Over head lighting Fire stations Side boarding doors Aft Deck: Water tight door to engine room Water tight doors to main saloon Teak decking on after deck Over head lighting Fresh water washe down spigot Salt water wash down outlet Freeing ports each port and starboard Two S/S bollards, suitable for towing Hawse hole locations Shore power, phone, TV outlet Aft swim step and ladder in teak Swim platform with teak deck Built in seating with table, cabinets with sink, refrigerator and electric BBQ Lazarette: Glendenning shore power Steering gear Gangway power back Fresh water pumps UV water filter Emergency steering bar Air compressor
- Mechanical Equipment
- Main Engines: 1,140 Original hours All new exhaust system (NEW 2007) Engine Room air conditioning system (NEW 2010) Rodriquez stabilizers with zero speed control Sewage treatment system (NEW 2011) Wet exhaust for main engines and generators Each diesel, main and generator engine to have a "dedicated" battery for starting Fuel polishing system, fuel transfer pump system, hand back up transfer pump Dual "Racor" fuel filters between day tank and main engine Full engine instrumentation in engine room, mechanical gauges Full engine instrumentation in pilothouse, and fly bridge electrical gauges Engines controls, RPM gauges and alarm on flybridge 65 hp American Bow Thruster Systems: Sea chest for sea water supply Two 40 Gal hot water tanks 2 x Fresh water system (1x)Engine room air supply blower with variable speed control (1x)Engine room air exhaust blower Aluminum perforated metal engine room covering all surfaces CO2 fire system with auto release Diamond aluminum floor plates, set into sole framing system Workbench with drawers vice and tool box Fluorescent engine room lights Noise insulation on tanks, bulkheads and overhead in engine room Air conditioning system with heat, Aqua Air chilled water dual compressor type system with digital read out through out Sink with cold and hot with frequency drives water in engine room 100 gal lube oil tank 100 gal waste oil holding tank 400 gal Black Water Holding Tank All plumbing (hydraulic, water, fuel, sewage etc) color-coded Isolation transformer Air compressor Hydraulic steering system Rodriquez U.S. Coast Guard approved safety package with canister type life raft All electrical cable to be A.B.S. standard, numbered per A.B.S. standards Three independent battery chargers Hand rails around main engines and generators "Tank tender" monitoring system and sight glass Under Water Equipment: Capac monitoring system (22) 4" x 10" zinc anodes 4" stainless steel (304) propeller shaft (2x) Bronze propeller 5 blades 48"DIA Two coats of anti-fouling bottom paint Spurs line in each shaft Steering Systems: Steering system power assisted with two pumps and two feed backs Stainless steel rudder post with stuffing box Helm pump in wheelhouse and flybridge Pump Systems: Water pressure tanks (NEW 2007) All new stainless water pumps, (NEW 2007) Two Jacuzzi type A/C shallow well pump for fresh water (2x) Jacuzzi Salt water/Fire fighting/Bilge pump Pump for fuel transfer burks Bronze sea strainers for all seawater pump suctions Auto 12 volt bilge pumps in all bilge compartments 400 gallons sewage holding tank with pump and shore pump out 300 gallons gray water tank with pump, inter linked to sewage pump All showers, sinks, and washer drain to gray water tank Hot and cold freshwater shower in cockpit
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- CCCD TV monitor with four inspection points Hydraulic steering system Rodriquez 6" compass ZF mathers twin lever engine controls for main engines Generators engines and generators instrumentation electric Emergency battery with dedicated charging system for navigation and communication gear 120 volt duplex outlets Chart table with chart drawers Pilot chair Helm station cabinetry Instrument console Upholstered settee on step above pilothouse sole Full instrumentation Furuno 48 mile radar Raymarine VHF radio ICOM SSB radio Raymarine depth Raymarine speed Raymarine wind speed and direction Raymarine auto pilot with a repeter in fly bridge GPS Raymarine x 3 Windshield wiper on all forward facing windows Single air horn Wooden floor in iron wood with marfim in pilothouse Jabsco spot light 500,000 cp with remote control White and red recessed lights 24 and 12 volt electrical panel Stabilizer with touch screen panel Nera satellite phone Bow thruster control Flybridge: Raymarine VHF 48 mile radar Raymarine auto pilot repeater Search light remote control Bow thruster control ZF Mathers twin level engine controls for main engines 5" compass Flat screen TV (NEW 2007) New Commercial Grade Electronics: Furuno FAR21-7 BC radar Furuno AIS FR150 Furuno GPS 150 Software for navigation interphase New ship's computer
- Electrical System
- Atlas world wide power management system (NEW 2007) 24 volts ships house battery bank Main AC/DC distribution panel with magnetic breakers Ship's batteries replaced including Main Engines, Generators, and Electronics (NEW JUNE 2012) Generator plant system: 2 x 33kw Northerlights generators - Generators: 5,600 Original hours Wet exhaust type muffler on generators Rockwell lagging on exhaust Vibration mounts on generators Each generator to have a dedicated battery for starting Single "Racor" fuel filter on generators Mechanical gauges for generators Electrical start and gauge panel in pilothouse for generators
- Outstanding example of a forward house explorer yacht. Four wonderful guest staterooms with two masters, one on deck. Bulbus bow, long range go anywhere vessel with the space of a much larger boat. NOT FOR SALE TO U.S. RESIDENTS WHILE IN U.S. WATERS
- A detailed inventory list of exclusions will be provided pursuant to a purchase agreement. All speeds, capacities, consumption, hours, measurements, etc. are approximate or estimated. Specifications provided for information only as particulars herein obtained are from sources available but are not guaranteed. Remarks and other statements may be personal opinions and may not be relied upon for purchase. Buyer should instruct his agent/supervisor to check all details for accuracy. Offered subject to prior sale, price/inventory change, or withdrawal from market without notice.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.