- 52 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 8V92 TA
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Description: This model Hatteras has 3 staterooms; ideal for families and couples that need that extra storage space. The 52 lends itself to all occasions. Spacious flybridge for good viewing & lunches; aft deck for dining outside & sunset cocktails; cockpit for easy boarding, loading and water sports; large, open salon with big windows for comfortable living on board; and an open galley so that the chef or cook does not feel removed from the guests.
The Hatteras 52 is considered a more modern profile in design. Construction wise, the boat does well with a solid fiberglass bottom and coring above the waterline, with longer keel for tracking and a fairly steep 14 degree deadrise angle, providing a softer ride. Both aft deck and flybridge will seat up to 8. Good, easy to manage side decks, for going forward. Brochures state that this model with standard DD 8V92's will cruise 18- 20 kts. and max at 22 depending on load and sea conditions.
- Current Statement
- Last year this boat was listed as an "as is" sale, due to the fact the owner had the misfortune of having one of his Detroit Deisel engines fail. The owner decided to repower the failed port engine and now the work is completed and test sea trials with qualified Detroit Diesel mechanics, have proven successful. In the process of replacing the engine, much other work was also completed, since the removal of the old engine allowed many other issues to be addressed during the repower. The port engine was not rebuilt, but replaced. It is now a new zero-houred engine. The starboard engine was majored several years ago; it has approx. 225 hrs. That engine also received some work & upgrading and performs up-to-specification. This entire process took many months and the boat was hauled during the repair. Full documentation is available upon an agreed negotiation & deal. In summary, approximately $100,000 was spent in performing all the work and completing the entire project. Main Engines and Other significant refurbishments Port Engine ( 10 hours ) Installed new Long Block, including: pistons, crankshaft and rods. Does not include camshaft. Remaining components of engine were cleaned and replaced Turbos, heads, injectors, and blowers all re-built Cleaned heat exchanger. Cored and re-gasketed. Brand new stainless steel exhaust risers fabricated and installed (both sides) Replaced oil and all filters. Engine aligned. Boat sea-trailed on 12/6/12. Port engine parameters ran to manufacturer specs. Both engines achieved 2100 RPM’s and engine temp and oil pressures were in acceptable limits. Sea-trial performed by RPM Diesel of Ft. Lauderdale- certified Detroit Diesel service center. Starboard Engine (approx. 225 hours ) New Engine Raw water pump installed Brand new stainless steel exhaust risers fabricated and installed. Turbos Rebuilt 2007 – Engine rebuilt from block up Other work performed: New Vacu-flush head pump for fwd head New motor/rebuilt pump for air-conditioning units- all condensing units now operational New non-skid deck paint in fly-bridge area Both engine start batteries new – 2x – 8D Extra Hard Bottom Sand – 60grit with vacuum sanders to remove flaking paint and smooth bottom. 2 full coats of Interlux Micron CSC New air-conditioning compressor installed for aft cabin handler
- "Taurus II" is a 1993 version of the popular Hatteras 52 Series. This is the year that many upgraded features were added to the model and the year that Hatteras released the 52 MY without the cockpit. TAURUS II has the cockpit which is a real plus for boarding the boat and a convenient space if children are on board, participating in water sports. The 52 has a soft ride due to the 14 degree deadrise angle. Very roomy layout with ample seating in many places for guests. Headroom is a standard 6' 6" or better. Boat has received much work and maintenance during the past 10 months. Bottom has been painted and props polished as of May 2012. This yacht has the preferred 3 stateroom layout. Starting forward is where the VIP stateroom is located; it features a queen size walkaround berth, and a private shower and head. Aft of the stateroom is the galley located on the portside and the dinette located on the starboard side. Continuing aft up two steps you enter the large salon area which includes large windows, plenty of space for comfortable seating, built in entertainment center and a 42" plasma TV. ( During the repower, some older furniture that may appear in the photos was removed and due to age, was not replaced ). Aft of the salon is the guest stateroom located on the starboard side, it features a over/under bunk arrangement, a head and shower. Finally the master stateroom, full beam and its main feature is it large walk in cedar closet and large head and shower area. Located on the large aft deck is a fully enclosed area that features a 25,000 btu air conditioning system and a refrigerator. Three steps up from the aft deck is the flybridge area. Fully enclosed it features seating for 8 adults, all engine controls and full electronics and two helm chairs. Master Stateroom: Queen size custom mattress, private head and shower. VIP Stateroom: Queen size mattress, private head and shower, storage closet. Guest Stateroom: Over / Under bunks, private head and shower, large closet and storage area. Main Salon: Built in entertainment center, Sony surround stereo and Samsung DVD system. Aquos 42"HDTV Plasma TV. Full blinds. All 3 heads are Vacuum-Flush, fresh water heads. Holding tank.
- The Galley is open aired, therefore eliminating that closed-in feeling. It is located on the port side. Full Avanti Refrigerator with freezer Sharp Carousel II Convection / Microwave oven Stainless steel sink with disposal KitchenAid electric stove Over and under storage cabinets and counter space Galley has a spacious U shaped settee across from the work area with a high/low table. Because of the lighter wood paneling, this galley has a user friendly feeling and is quite comfortable to spend time in.
- Aft Deck
- The aftdeck or sundeck level is accessed from the salon via a few stairs. This area is fully (soft) enclosed, but with a hardtop. Ample seating in this area for guests & owners for dining or lounging. March 2010 - new refrigerator in this area. Access and visibility to the cockpit is from this area. The Aft-Deck on the 52 is where life happens. This is the most enjoyable section, offering great views of the water and can be air-conditioned or opened up for fresh breezes. The size of this aft-deck is huge.
- This yacht features a large flybridge area with a a L-shaped seating and two helm chairs. Fully enclosed with a hardtop. Access to the dinghy is located aft, on the aft deck hard top with the davit for launching. This space allows for the operator to enjoy the company of their family and/or guests in a spacious seating area. Easily accessed from the sundeck level by a few stairs. Kenwood Stereo CD unit in flybridge area.
- There is a very roomy flybridge area with a helm station and twin helm chairs. The L shaped seating allows guests to enjoy the view and also allows the captain to enjoy his company or family. Fully enclosed with a hardtop. Robertson AP22 Auto-Pilot (2) VHF radios - Horizon Intrepid & Standard Sea SSB RadioTelephone Northstar 962 GPS Plotter - 2004 Northstar 952 GPS Plotter Garmin GPS Map 215 Shakespear drop-down antennae Robertson Depth & Speed instruments Hailer Ritchie compass Full instrumentation for vessel at the helm ITT Searchlight Kenwood stereo unit in flybridge
- Electrical System
- This 52 Hatteras has 2 Onan generators. Onan 20kw genset and an Onan 8kw genset. Glenndenning 50amp Powercord system 220v AC ship system 24 DC ship system - All new batteries in 2007 (2) 4D batteries for port engine; (2) 4D batteries for starboard engine; (2) 4D batteries for house battery bank; (2) 12v batteries for generators Full guaged and circuit breakers with full distribution panels Dytek Battery Charger
- Engine Room
- The Hatteras 52 has twin Detroit Diesel 8V92TA engines rated at 720 Hp each. The hours on engines as of Jan2013 are: Starboard: approx. 225 Port: 10. Walker Air Seps. Twin Nibral 5 blade props 500 gallon per day watermaker, Fuel shut off valves and full bulkhead mounted fuel manifold Bilge pumps with high water alarms. Oil changing system mounted Racor fuel separators / dual for each engine Racor fuel separator for generators Freshwater pump with filter and backup pump. Kidd fire extinguisher system in engine room. (4) fiberglass Fuel tanks,994 US gals. (2) fiberglass Water tanks,170 US gals. Holding Tank,100 US gals. Interior of Yacht is fully air-conditioned with 4 Marineaire units. A 25,000 BTU A/C unit services the aft deck. All units are reverse cycle. When the port engine was pulled out, the engine room received a lot of attention, due to the accessibility that was enabled. Wiring harnesses, bilges, other systems, general clean-up, and servicing took place. Important to be aware that both exhaust risers on the twin diesels were replaced.
- Deck Equipment
- Nautical Structures 1000lb Davit 12' Nautica HIB Dinghy w/ Yamaha 40hp outboard. LIferaft in canistor Radar arch Refrigerator on aft deck 25,000 BTU AC unit for aft deck Full glass window enclosure with sliding window / screens in the aft deck. Anchor roller with two anchors. Galley Maid windlass w/ foot controls. Dockside water connector 2 Dock boxes on foredeck for storage Fenders & Lines
- TAURUS II is a fine example of the popular Hatteras 52. Ideal boat for a family because it has the 3 stateroom layout and has the benefit of 3 heads. The third cabin can easily be used as a storage room, which yachts never seem to have enough of, regardless of size. This boat has undergone a major 2012 work project. Mechanically, the boat has proven to be operating to manufacturer specifications (Sea trials Dec 2012). Considering that the owner did spend an open checkbook policy to remedy the failed engine, and upgraded many systems, and took care of numerous issues that could only be addressed with the removal of an engine, this boat is presented with full disclosure of the facts and is an excellent buy . Owner is no longer capable of owning this boat due to personal reasons. He has seen the project through completion. The boat has been launched and docked in Ft. Lauderdale, approx. 15 minutes from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. The boat continues to be captain maintained and has periodic clean-up crews taking care of it. The owner has no plans of using the boat. It is to be sold. Looking for serious, knowledgeable buyers only. The asking price is very reasonable, considering the comparable market and the work performed..
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- To see Luke Brown Yachts boats for sale and HOT DEALS . Click below. BOATS FOR SALE HOT DEALS!