The consummate Belle of the Ball the J/30 has long been the go to boat for the sailing enthusiast. The J/30 performs under mainsail alone better than most 30-foot cruisers under full sail. This "no problem" alternative comes in handy getting through storms or crowded harbors or for relaxed picnic sails. There are few boats that will surf downwind in strong winds under spinnaker with better control.
This extremely well maintained and nicely updated 1983 "Cruising Version" shows very well and is highlighted by her Yanmar 2YM15 diesel engine replaced in approximately 2008. Her sail inventory is solid and has plenty of service time left.
Her owner is retiring from boating and has placed this beautiful boat on the market to sell at a reasonable cost. Considering her popularity and overall condition this beautiful J30 is not expected to remain on the market for long.
- Her clean and updated interior spaces offer plenty of room and accomodations below. The Master is forward with a large V-berth and filler. As she is a "Cruising Version" she has a quarter berth aft to starboard and two large cushioned settees to both port and starboard amidship. There are two (2) bomar hatches offering plenty of ventilation. Ample storage and shelves add to her "cruising" capablities. The upholstery fabric is a royal blue color and contrasts nicely with her medium toned cabinetry.
- What sets the "Cruising Version" apart from the non cruising version is essentually the size and amenities of the galley. This is a truly functioning galley with a single basin stainless steel sink, gimballed Kenyon LP Gas two (2) burner stove / oven although the oven portion is currently inoperative and a pressurized domestic water system with water heater. Generous refrigeration and lots of provision storage.
- Polaris VHF Radio Datamarine CS100 Speed Log Datamarine CW360 Wind Datamarine S200DL Digital Depth 10 Amp Tru Charge Automatic Battery Charger 30 Amp Shore Power Cord with "Y" Adapter
- Deck & Hull
- With the cockpit aft and tiller steering she is built to stand the test of time. Some of the highlights are as follows: Lloyd's approved balsa core/fiberglass construction. Molded in non-skid and hull striping. Teak toe rails and trim. Self-bailing cockpit. Skylight main hatch with seahood. 3 additional ventilation/access hatches. Cockpit operated bilge pump. Bonded and bolted hull to deck joint. Barient winches, #25 primaries, #21 secondaries, #1 halyard. Six part Harken Hexacat mainsheet and vang systems. Double lifelines and gate with bow and stern pulpits. Two sets of genoa cars and blocks. Custom stainless ladder-type hiking stick. Adjustable mainsheet traveler. Four (4) bolt mooring cleats. Navigation lights.
- Tapered ESP coated aluminum racing spar with internal wire/rope halyards, spinnaker pole track, and airfoil spreaders. Gibb ''T" shroud toggles. Backstay adjuster. Internal reefing lines and mainsail outhaul tackle. Lightning ground. Double groove Headfoil 11 jib luff system. Double bridled spinnaker pole and complete spinnaker gear. Deck & bow lights. Boom topping lift.
- The main engine was replaced in 2008 with a new Yanmar 2YM15 Diesel with a total of 80 original hours to date.
- New Yanmar 2YN15 Diesel Motor with 80 original hours to date All New Fuel System at the time the motor was changed LP Gas hose replaced Toilet replaced with a Raritan PH II household style bowl 12 Volt DC Wiring replaced Portlights replaced Bomar Hatches replaced
- Sail Inventory
- Mainsail: by Ulmer Sails condition: Average Genoa #1: Ulmer Sails condition: Good Genoa #3: Z Sail Wentz & Zaleski KEVLAR Sails condition: Excellent Spinnaker: condition: Excellent
- Manufacturer's Comments
- As suggested by J/Boats, Inc., 557 Thames Street Newport, RI 02840 and quoting them: Finding a sailboat to motivate and sustain participation by the entire family is no easy task. Research shows that active sailing families divide 76 days/yr. on the water equally between daysailing, cruising and racing. The ideal boat will be good for all these activities, while crewed by people of all age and experience levels. Too large a boat can be intimidating. A slow boat will eventually turn off the young. A racing boat may not be suitable for serving a nice meal or curling up with a good book. It seems the ads claim every boat to be a "racer-cruiser." Few really are. Even fewer would get the vote of each family member. We know there’s only one that will and has for nearly two decades: The J/30. At least that’s the opinion of the three families who designed and built it... combining 102 years of cruising and racing experience in everything from 8 to 46 feet. And, you’d receive another 545 endorsements from current owners.
- Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a pre-listing survey available? There is no formal survey just observations made by the broker while taking the listing and information obtained from the seller at the time of the visual inspection by me. Are there many soft spots in the deck? The deck was walked and none were found. Has the boat ever been damaged to an extent where Insurance was involved? Asked and answered by the seller that there had not been during his ownership (2003-present). Additionally, at the time he purchased her no evidence of any previous significant damage was noted. Was the shaft/stuffing box replaced during the engine replacement? Both the shaft and the stuffing box were fully inspected at the time that the brand new engine and transmission were replaced in 2008 and were found to be in excellent condition and in no way indicated a need for replacement.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Interested parties can click on this link www.affiniti-yacht.com 30’ J/ Boat 1983 and proceed to the "Affiniti Listings" tab to view this fine vessels videos and additional photographs. Depending on your Internet connection the load time will vary. Contact Central Agent Craig R. Travis directly at 561-212-6154 with any questions you might have or to schedule your personal inspection.Discover the Affiniti Advantage!