- 36 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This 36 Des Champs, Cape Island is located in Greenwich, CT.
DRAMATIC PRICE REDUCTION! “Evangeline” is a 2001, one owner, “one-off”
Lobster/Downeast 36 footer custom built by Deschamps & Jackson in Nova Scotia. She can be a fishing/lobster boat or a cruiser. She even does well as a “race committee” boat: See photos. Deschammps is a 50 year old company that is known for building great seaworthy boats and yachts utilizing the best of all manufacturing techniques. This will craft an almost custom made yacht to as close as possible to the owners wishes. Deschamps is still owned and operated by the same family that started the business 50 years ago. Over the years Deschamps has built over 1100 boats, which started out as wood in 1963 and switched to building fiberglass in the 1980s. Knowledgeable boat and yacht owners recognize this name as one of the old school quality builders of commercial, cruising and fishing yachts from NS.
This ruggedly built 36' yacht will cruise through anything that coastal cruising can throw at her and she could easily be used as a commercial fishing vessel. She has a wide stable 15'8" beam and draws only 4'6". She’s a very dry boat which cruises at 7-10 knots burning less than 5 gallons/hr with her Yanmar 250 diesel with only 900 hours on her. Yanmar Diesels can run thousands of hours and they are considered to be one of the oldest most reliable names in marine diesel engines. Her propeller is 22 inch diameter and the shaft is 1 ¾ inches in diameter. Literally you may only fill her with fuel once or twice a year. This is fuel and service economy personified.
She has a great electronics package which includes a Raymarine Autopilot, depthsounder, GPS/Chartplotter, radar and an Icom marine VHF radio.
She will sleep 4 owners and guests in 2 cabins and the layout is very able to be refitted to new owner’s specs. And as with lobster boat hulls, everything is easily accessed and her quality construction is apparent throughout this yacht.
*NOTE: This vessel is “Canadian Steam Ship Inspected” and “Fisherman’s Loan Board Approved”
Available is an Avon dinghy with a Yamaha 4 stroke, 4 HP outboard.
This vessel is “Canadian Steam Ship Inspected” and “Fisherman’s Loan Board Approved”
This vessel can be seen by appointment and her owner will consider all reasonable offers. Please contact your listing broker today.
- Max Draft: 4.5' Max Bridge Clearance: 16.5'
- Total Power: 250 Cruising Speed: 7-10 Max Speed: 12 Engine Hours Spring 2014: 900 hrs
- Raymarine autopilot, depthsounder, GPS/Chartplotter, radar Icom VHF Radio
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- *Thank You for stopping by. We are available seven days a week. Showings by appointment. Financing available to qualified buyers. Other services include survey , insurance, documentation, closings and service. Be sure to subscribe to our Newsletter and Join us on Facebook . Call 203-542 0827 or email Info@RCYachtSales.com. *RCYS is a Veterans owned and operated organization. * Contact RCYS about a career in yacht sales. * Florida State Licensed * Established 1975