EXCALIBUR IS VERY SPECIAL: Stored under cover in fresh water for most of her life, she has been updated in most departments in recent years. This includes reconfiguring the pilothouse and flybridge areas, galley reconfiguration, Sterling exterior paint, teak deck refurbishment, two new engines including transmissions and turbine air starters, two new generators with sound shield, doubling the capacity of the holding tank, and removal of obsolete equipment, wiring, and plumbing. In sparkling condition throughout, the interior woodwork is natural finished ash. Great offshore ability enhanced by all aluminum construction, low profile, full keel design. Ideal arrangement plan. Desirable décor. Coveted classic look. Strong safe construction. EXCALIBUR is a gentleman’s Proper Yacht in every sense.
- Total Power: 1080
- EXCALIBUR IS VERY SPECIAL
- Stored under cover in fresh water for most of her life, she has been updated in most departments in recent years. This includes reconfiguring the pilothouse and flybridge areas, galley reconfiguration, Sterling exterior paint, teak deck refurbishment, two new engines including transmissions and turbine air starters, two new generators with sound shield, doubling the capacity of the holding tank, and removal of obsolete equipment, wiring, and plumbing. In sparkling condition throughout, the interior woodwork is natural finished ash. Great offshore ability enhanced by all aluminum construction, low profile, full keel design. Ideal arrangement plan. Desirable décor. Coveted classic look. Strong safe construction. EXCALIBUR is a gentleman’s Proper Yacht in every sense.
- Three staterooms aft, ensuite, for six owners and guests. The owner’s stateroom is full width, all the way aft. There are built-in lockers and numerous drawers on both sides of the centerline king sized bed, with a vanity on the port side. The owner’s head and shower are ensuite, forward to port. There are two guest staterooms forward, to port and starboard. Each stateroom is furnished with twin single beds, hanging lockers, and drawers. Each stateroom has a head ensuite with private stall showers. Closet doors (and drawer fronts) are solid ash with louvered fronts for natural ventilation. There are handsome brass reading lamps for all berths in addition to overhead and indirect lighting. The crew quarters are all the way forward, accessed from the galley. There is a captain’s cabin to port with a single berth. Opposite is the crew cabin with upper and lower berths. The crew head and stall shower is forward.
- Teak Laid Salon Deck
- All the way aft is the teak laid salon deck with ising glass enclosures on three sides. There is a teak wet bar along the forward bulkhead with sink and ice maker. A window above the wet bar provides visibility between the pilothouse and the aft deck. To port of the wet bar is the teak stair access to the flybridge and boat deck. The aft deck is furnished with a round table and six captain chairs along with a bench seat is built across the aft fan tail. A center hatch beneath the bench seating gives access to the watertight lazarette compartment. Port and starboard teak wing doors on both sides forward lead to the side decks.
- Next forward through a bulkhead door just inboard of the starboard wing door, is the PILOTHOUSE . The lower helm station is centered at the forward console with a pedestal helm. To port is an L-shaped settee with a table set inboard and drawer stowage beneath the seat. A second settee is aft, also with stowage drawers below. There are port and starboard teak doors from the pilothouse for access to the side decks.
- Main Salon Level
- Forward from the pilothouse and down four steps is the MAIN SALON level, furnished with a table and four chairs, L-shaped sofa sectional, end tables, and the entertainment center with a television and stereo system.
- Lower Deck - Staterooms and Galley
- Down six steps and aft are the owner and guest staterooms. Down five steps and forward is the full width galley. The galley counter is U-shaped, with corian counter tops and dual sinks facing a portlight to starboard. A large, Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer is on the aft bulkhead facing forward. The four burner stove and oven are on the forward bulkhead. To port is the built-in washer and dryer, while just aft is a built-in table with four stools for use as an informal dining or crew lounging area. Whirlpool Electric range and oven Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer Whirlpool dishwasher Whirlpool microwave Whirlpool trash compactor White Westinghouse front loading clothes washer and dryer.
- Flybridge & Boat Deck
- The FLYBRIDGE is accessed by stairs from the aft deck salon. Full controls are located on the centerline at the forward console. The plexi windscreen was replaced when the vessel with a forward canted Venturi windshield for a slightly more modern appearance. A custom aluminum radar mast was positioned at the aft end of the flybridge seating area, replacing the original coachroof wood mast. Aft of the all-around flybridge seating is the transversely-stowed 15' HBI tender. An updated, low profile hydraulic davit has been installed.
- The teak decks on both side decks and foredeck have been professionally refurbished. There are raised, open bulwarks around the full perimeter of the deck, with a heavy teak, molded caprail on top. For further protection, there is a standing hand rail on both sides from the aft salon wing doors all the way to the bow in a continuous railing. The foredeck is clean and unobstructed with the exception of the raised deck hatch above the crew quarters, and the hydraulic capstan forward, just aft of the stem roller and anchor chain trough. There are three large dorade vents, one just forward of the crew quarters deck hatch, and one each at the forward corners of the trunk cabin over the main salon area, providing safe ventilation to the lower accommodations area.
- Engine Room
- Accessed from the galley area, directly inboard of the stairs to the main salon, there is reasonable headroom and excellent access to all machinery. The original three engines were removed and replaced with two newly rebuilt DDA Silver 12V92TA engines in 1997. With increased horsepower the center engine was no longer needed and an additional holding tank was installed in its place for increased capacity. Full access between and around engines and generators is excellent. All equipment is properly painted, clean and in good operating condition with many new items of equipment and upgrades. Two new generators were installed in a new quiet, sound shield compartment. The smaller generator is just 7.5kw, and serves as a night generator, while the larger, 37kw generator is more than adequate to serve all the ship’s requirements when needed. Hydraulic pressure is provided by starboard main and large generator mounted pumps.
- 12V/110V/220V systems 28 Heavy Duty 6V batteries 2 Ratelco automatic battery chargers MER 7.5kw generator MER 37kw generator Common sound shield for both generators All batteries are stored in aluminum trays with rubber liners in lazarette Dockside electrical cables.
- Electronics & Navigation
- Raytheon R 41 radar Raytheon V 850 color depth sounder Raytheon DGPS Raytheon VHF Robertson Autopilot Shipmate VHF Compass Air horn Searchlight Nobletec electronic chart system running on Dell Inspiron computer NEMA 0183 connection to autopilot SeaTel DSS TV system
- Mechanical Equipment
- Everhot hot water heater Main engine water heating exchanger Electric boiler Webasto diesel fired heating system Custom hydraulic steering Dual station, single lever Morse cable engine controls 2 electric bilge blowers 3 electric/automatic bilge pumps Hydraulic manifold bilge pump system Vacuflush toilets(4) 150 gallon holding tank Racor fuel filters Turbine air engine starting
- Deck & Hull
- 15’ Rig Bot hard bottom inflatable, center console 60 hp Mercury Inboard/outboard motor Hydraulic tender davit Ideal hydraulic anchor capstan (1) Navy anchor 400' anchor chain Side stanchions with life lines and teak hand rails Radar mast Teak decks Fresh water wash down system Fenders and lines Life jackets Liferaft Navigation lights Swim platform Swim ladder Windshield washers and wipers Additional tankage for tender motor Aft deck isinglass curtains
- EXCALIBUR was built specifically to cruise the Northwest, in safety and comfort. Her all aluminum hull and superstructure incorporates four watertight bulkheads and integral tankage results in a nearly double bottom construction. A full keel, well protected props and rudders, along with Burger’s standard crash bulkhead aft of the chain locker with double framing forward provide ultimate safety. The low profile Hargrave design has positioned both helm stations well aft for an easy, relaxed response to oncoming seas.
- EXCALIBUR was originally built for the Kaiser family and has spent most of her life in the Northwest. Except for summer cruising in Puget Sound and British Columbia, the yacht has been kept under cover in fresh water. Her original, triple engine configuration was revised in 1997-98 with the installation of two new Detroit Diesel engines.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.