- Flybridge Cruiser
- 72 (ft.)
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 12V71 Turbo's
- Number of Engines
TAYLOR MADE, 72' Burger Flybridge Cruiser 1978
Price reduction to $675,000. Estate sale. Bring offers!
TAYLOR MADE has had just four owners since her launch on May 19, 1978. She has been kept on the Great Lakes since 1985 and has enjoyed the benefit of fresh water use as well as short seasons since that time. Her overall condition is immaculate. Her Sparkman & Stephens profile is certainly one of the nicest designs on the waterfront. She offers three double staterooms aft, with separate crew quarters for two.
- Displacement: Semi
- Total Power: 650
- Fuel: 2800 Fresh Water: 700
- TAYLOR MADE has had just four owners since her launch on May 19, 1978. She has been kept on the Great Lakes since 1985 and has enjoyed the benefit of fresh water use as well as short seasons since that time. Her overall condition is immaculate. Her Sparkman & Stephens profile is certainly one of the nicest designs on the waterfront.
- TAYLOR MADE offers three double staterooms aft, with separate crew quarters for two. MASTER CABIN: The full width master cabin is aft with walkaround queen sized berth with bedside cabinets to port and starboard as well as bulkhead mounted reading lamps. Bureaus are built-in on each side of the stateroom with numerous drawers and there are large linen drawers beneath the bed. A large, three door closet is to starboard along the forward bulkhead with a two door closet to port. All closets are cedar lined and nicely ventilated with custom louvered doors. There are opening portlights to port and starboard. The master head is forward to port with a tiled stall shower and Avonite counter tops with ceramic bowl sink. The heads throughout are fresh water flushing Sealand Vacuflush with ceramic bowls. PORT & STARBOARD GUEST CABINS: The two guest cabins are forward of the master with a hallway between. Both are furnished with twin lower berths separated by a night stand. The port stateroom has an additional Pullman berth for additional accommodation. Each stateroom has a cedar lined hanging locker. Forward to starboard is a head with stall shower which is to be shared by the two guest staterooms.
- Crew Quarters
- Crew accommodations are all the way forward, with upper and lower berths to starboard and laundry and locker storage opposite. The crew head and shower are forward of the crew cabin. A crew lounge is aft to starboard and the galley opposite to port. The engine room is accessed from the galley through a watertight engine room bulkhead door.
- The galley was updated several years ago with Corian countertops cabinet doors, tiled backsplash and wall coverings. There is a GE side by side refrigerator/freezer, GE dishwasher, Modern Maid convection oven and four burner range, Samsung microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. The Westinghouse dryer and Splendide washer are forward, as indicated, in the crew quarters. The stainless steel sink is inset into the port side counter with an opening portlight outboard. There is plenty of counter space and storage in cabinets above and below.
- Lower Salon
- Aft from the galley is a spacious salon area with an L shaped sofa sectional forward to port. There is a cocktail table centered and occasional seating opposite. An entertainment center is built in bulkhead cabinetry aft. Salon Electronics: Panasonic Color TV Panasonic VHS Niles speaker selector Sony Stereo AM/FM tuner Sony 10 disc CD changer Sony dual cassette player RCA Direct TV receiver Sperry Gyro Compass
- The teak lined pilothouse is positioned approximately midship for maximum comfort. It has a built-in bench seat with seating for three persons facing the fully equipped helm area with chart storage drawers beneath the bench seat. Visibility is excellent from the pilothouse with windows front and rear and on both sides. A stairway aft to port leads up the flybridge area. A hinged door offset to starboard opens to the aft, main salon area. Pilothouse Electronics: Raytheon 610 Chart Plotter Raytheon R-73 Radar Datamarine digital depth sounder Sperry Autopilot Datamarine speed log Raytheon GPS Loran Nav 398 Raytheon Loud hailer Datamarine Wind indicator Raytheon VHF radio Burger integrated alarm system Danforth magnetic compass for engines, stabilizers, trim tabs, air horns, searchlight, synchronizer
- Flybridge/Boat Deck
- The flybridge has a centerline helm station forward with full engine controls and gauges. There is a pedestal mounted helm chair facing forward with excellent visibility over the clear plexiglass windscreen forward. Companion pedestal seats are on each side of the helm seat. There is additional flybridge bench seating to port and starboard and aft just forward of the hinged radar mast and boat deck. Dry storage can be found beneath the bench seating. A bimini top protects the flybridge seating area. Aft of the flybridge bench seating is the boat deck with a pedestal mounted electric davit. Flybridge Electronics: Raytheon Loud hailer Icom IC M125 VHF radio Danforth magnetic compass Wagner rudder angle indicator Raytheon color echo sounder Furuno radar Bogen intercom system Azimuth fluxgate compass Controls for engines, stabilizers, trim tabs, air horns, searchlight, synchronizer
- Main Salon
- Aft of the pilothouse is the main salon with large windows port and starboard. Double French sliding doors on the aft bulkhead open to the line deck aft. A walk behind bar adjoins the forward bulkhead, with built in sink and refrigerator. A recent refit to this aft salon included beautiful teak panel wainscoating all around and a unique, open beamed overhead with varnished beams. Furnishings include leather upholstered bar stools and leather armrest around the bar. A game table is aft to starboard with four very comfortable club chairs. There are brass lamps adding to the atmosphere and an upholstered sofa aft to port.
- Deck Equipment
- Aluminum bow rail Varnished teak hand rails Port and stbd boarding gates Marquipt sea stair ladder Boat hook on varnished teak pole Ideal Electric anchor windlass Danforth anchor Foredeck Sampson post Freshwater washdown system Foredeck hatch to crew quartersSwim Ladder Swim platform 2 throw rings Cushioned bow seat with storage under Flybridge bimini top (3) pedestal mounted flybridge helm chairs Built-in bench seating on flybridge Fenders and lines Navigation lights Electric search light w/remote control Covers for bow and flybridge seating Dual 3-pack Kahlenberg air horns Two foredeck dunnage boxes Varnished teak flagstaffs, bow and stern Flybridge stereo speakers 12 life jackets
- Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Disc transmissions 2.5:1 reduction Walker Airseps 2 Westerbeke 20 kw generators Dual Racor fuel filters for mains and gensets Racor fuel flow pressure gauges Hersey water, fuel, and waste tank gauges Engine room instrument gauges Engine room air exhaust fans Underwater exhaust with side relief valves Spares- 4 blade propellers Spare stub shafts(2) Dripless type stuffing boxes Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioner units Engine room air conditioning Engine room air compressor and storage tank Engine synchronizer Naiad stabilizer system Bennett trim tabs 30 gal. Lube oil & waste oil storage Oil change system Fuel transfer system Engine room work bench Built-in tool chest 40 gallon water heater Grey water holding tank Black Water holding tank 110V freshwater pump 24V freshwater backup pump Sealand Vacuflush system with independent pressure tanks 3 bilge pumps, 1 central and 2 auxiliary Engine room sump system Central vacuum system Bogen intercom system Fiquench Halon 1301 fire suppressant system Florescent 110V engine room lighting Emergency 24V lighting
- Additional Information
- 110V, 220V AC electrical system 12V & 24V DC electrical system 2 Westerbeke 20kw generators Stabiline voltage regulators (2) LaMarche Isolation transformers (2)Charles 20 amp C-charger 12V Capac hull monitor LaMarche 24volt automatic battery charger 2 banks of 12V batteries in engine room 2 banks of 24V batteries in lazarette Dual main engine driven 24V alternators
- TAYLOR MADE has belonged to the same family since 1990 and has only been used seasonally on the Great Lakes for many years. Her exterior paint is in excellent condition and her interior furnishings are fresh and immediately useable. This same Sparkman & Stephens hull design was the inspiration for Burger’s conceptual plans for a limited production revival of the “best traditional designs” by the Burger Boat Company. TAYLOR MADE represents an immediate opportunity to own a very clean, very proven, classic yacht with an excellent pedigree.
- Accessories, personal items, china and stemware, & some artwork.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.