- 43 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
The Shannon 43 is the perfect boat for a couple to sail and live aboard anywhere in the world, while maintaining a comfortable lifestyle. The 43 is manageable underway by one person, but can provide accommodations for as many as eight.
Fifty-two Shannon 43's have been built and are sailing the world. The Shannon 43 combines excellent offshore sailing characteristics with good speed in even light air on all points of sail, and provides exceptional seaworthiness. Excellent forward visibility makes the 43 a pleasure to sail or dock.
The design intent of the Shannon 43 hull was to create a boat that would perform well in the wide range of wind and sea conditions experienced by the offshore cruising sailor.
The Shannon 43's hull design has been proven over the last 12 years on many ocean voyages. Shannons set records because they are fast, boat for boat, and because the people sailing them have the big advantage of being on a boat that will not tire them out during the passage.
The master stateroom has an extended cabin sole which results in a larger living area. Below berth storage and cedar-lined hanging lockers provide more than adequate storage. Private head is to port and separate stall shower is to starboard.
The main salon features a comfortable settee to port opposite an L-shaped seating area. There are ample storage throughout. The galley has excellent counter and storage space. The refrigerator is a Grunert 110 volt unit. The galley counters are custom white Corian. The navigation station has built-in electronics and hinged table-top with drawers below. The guest cabin features drawers and two hanging cedar-lined lockers. The guest head is shared with the main salon.
- Max Draft: 4'9"/8'7" Ballast: 13,500 Displacement: 27,500
- Total Power: 71 Cruising Speed: 7.5-Knots Max Speed: 9-Knots
- Fuel: 100-Gallons Fresh Water: 200-Gallons
- Entertainment System:
- Broksonic TV/VCR Sony tuner and cassette player Sony CD changer
- Wine rack GE Microwave Grunert refrigeration PUR Watermaker
- 406 Mhz Alden EPIRB with SAT find and offshore electronics package ICOM single side band transceiver ICOM SSB antenna tuner Robertson autopilot Simrad radar Cortex weatherfax for Windows Card System - collision avoidance radar detector 406 MHz ELT Alden Marine Sat Find Datamarine knotmeter & log Datamarine log control panel Datamarine wind speed and direction Datamarine depth sounder Northstar GPS ICOM VHF radio Ritchie compass
- On Deck:
- A custom drop down transom door encloses a life raft storage compartment and becomes a swim platform when lowered. Dodger and bimini, Winslow 6-person life raft, Ideal windlass with remote in cockpit 10' Avon Rib dinghy with hard floor with Honda 5 hp 4-stroke outboard Plow anchor with 200' chain Danforth anchor with 50' chain and 150' rode Dinghy anchor Paratech sea anchor Bosun's chair Radar reflector
- Sails & Rigging:
- Doyle Stackpack II mainsail, asymmetrical spinnaker. Shannon Scutter Rig (setup heavy weather yankee on forward headstay and genoa on the 2nd headstay) Harken Roller furling Padeye for the foredeck (can be used as a cutter) and a staysail can be used Doyle asymetrical spinnaker Backup main halyard New, Doyle Stackpack Port and starboard jacklines Doyle fully battened main, genoa and yankee New, Lazy Jacks
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.