- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
(LOCATION: Key Biscayne FL) This 38’ Herreshoff Cat Ketch is a legendary blue water cruiser with accommodations for an extended cruise or to live aboard. Designed by Halsey Herreshoff the 38 Cat Ketch is basically a one-off creation with a long heritage. Each 38 Cat Ketch was custom fitted to insure a unique sailing experience. Extremely sea-worthy with excellent handling the Herreshoff will get you where you want to go and back safely.
This 38’ cruiser comes with teak interior, parquet floor, two staterooms, spacious salon, and full galley. As you come below the aft stateroom is on your left with double berth, under-berth storage, and hanging locker. To your right is a full galley with teak cabinets, tile counter, stainless steel sink, ice box, and even a dishwasher. The salon has large wraparound dinette, teak dining table with storage, under-seat and bulkhead storage. The enclosed head compartment has mirrored vanity and shower stall. The forward stateroom has offset berth, under-berth storage, dresser, and hanging locker.
On deck we have a spacious cockpit with ample seating, helm pedestal, and bimini top. There’s a Magma grill for the fresh catch-of-the-day, and a swim ladder to help you on get on board after swimming or diving. Wide side decks allow easy movement forward. The teak bow pulpit has dual rollers, two anchors with chain, rode, and windlass. A Universal diesel engine provides auxiliary power.
If you are looking for a unique blue water cruiser that can serve as a vacation getaway or live-aboard this Herreshoff has the potential to be something special. The seller is willing to assist in financing any qualified buyer. Call now for more information and to schedule a showing.
- Ballast: 5500 Displacement: 13080
- Fuel: 38 Fresh Water: 100
- Teak interior with two staterooms, spacious salon, lots of headroom, and parquet floors. Aft Cabin with Double Berth, Under-Berth Storage, and Hanging Locker Galley with Teak Cabinets, Tile Counter Top, Stainless Steel Sink, Ice Box, and Dishwasher Wraparound Dinette with Teak Table and Under-Seat Storage Forward Cabin with Offset Double Berth, Under-Berth Storage, and Dresser Enclosed Head with Vanity and Shower Stall
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF Radio with DSC Cockpit Tri-Data Display New Sony AM.FM.CD Stereo
- Cockpit & Helm
- Open Cockpit with Bimini Top Parameter Seating Pedestal Helm Ritchie Compass Magma Grill Swim Ladder
- Deck & Hull
- Teak Bow Pulpit with Dual Rollers Two Anchors with Chain and Rode Manual Windlass Full Set of Sails in Good Condition Fresh Bottom Paint Mechanics in Place for Auto Pilot
- Mechanical & Electrical
- Universal Diesel Engine Recent Service New Hoses New Transmission New Rudder Cables and Gears New Electric Toilet with Holding Tank
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.