(LOCATION: Aventura FL) The Magnum 70 is one of the fastest yachts of this size in the world. Styled by Lazzarini & Pickering, this 70 foot vessel reaffirms Magnum Marine's commitment to style and speed.
Three double cabins each equipped with its own head, a galley and salon as well as crew quarters offer comfortable accommodations for extended cruises.
Topside, the expansive foredeck and sun pads offer an ideal setting to enjoy the ocean.
The deep V hull and between 1920 and 2600HP each MTU or Caterpillar twin engines provide for excellent maneuverability, seaworthiness and top speed of up to 65 mph.
This new, incredible Magnum 70' provides a stunning ride thanks to its strong and rigid deep-V Kevlar-Carbon fiber hull and deck and its 2400 HP MTU engines. In fact, the owner chose this Magnum for her seaworthiness, safety and speed. Designed by Lazzarini/Pickering, the Italian/Australian duo most known for their minimalist styling, this new Magnum 70' looks sleek and modern. She has no portholes, instead relying for light on the deck mounted skylights made of special glass, which darken automatically when hit by the sun. This design of special glass was chosen to keep the interiors cool, without air conditioning, thereby saving energy, something Magnum is committed to. This is the first time that this technology, available in the eye glass market has been applied on a yacht. The vessel, which was custom designed for the owner, is presently cruising in the Mediterranean.
- Max Speed: approx. 70 mph
- Three double cabins each equipped with its own head, a galley and salon as well as crew quarters offer comfortable accommodations for extended cruises.
- Deck & Hull
- Topside, the expansive foredeck and sun pads offer an ideal setting to enjoy the ocean. Hulls are hand laminated, and vacuum bagged, using either GRP, bullet proof Kevlar or carbon fibers for greater strength and weight reduction. Bottoms are solid glass of generally more than 2" thickness. Hull sides, deck and bulkheads are of composite structures; fiberglass/ epoxy and foam core for greater strength and weight saving. Aircraft type nomex composites are used for light weight interior structures. Magnum hulls are thick, safe and heavy. Mass is a key factor in Magnum’s comfortable ride. " The boat’s construction isn’t super exotic, just super strong." (Mike Smith — Boating Magazine ) The deep-vee hull design with 24 degrees deadrise guaranties a comfortable ride even in adverse sea conditions.
- Mechanical & Electrical
- Twin CAT or MTU diesels: 1920 HP - 2600 HP Arneson surface drives improve top speed while reducing drag and improving fuel economy. Most important systems have a back-up system to prevent potential problems. Pumps for equipment in the living quarters, as for the heads, ice makers, refrigerators etc. are engine room mounted to keep the living areas quiet. Special insulation of the engine room, bulkheads and cabins provides extreme sound dampening for a more comfortable ride. Custom designed Nibral Rolla propellers provide improved performance with less vibration
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.