- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
(LOCATION: Green Cove Springs FL) Built by Palmer Johnson for Pearson, the John Alden designed Countess 44 is a bluewater cruiser with classic style and spacious accommodations. The Countess 44 has accommodations usually afforded by larger vessels. With forward cabin, convertible dinette, and salon settee there's room for everyone. Well equipped and designed for long distance cruising this 44 Pearson is more than capable of taking you to any port-of-call.
On deck we have a spacious cockpit with teak trim, wraparound seating, bimini top, dodger, and pedestal helm. The three sets of sails are in excellent condition. Recent upgrades include two new masts with in-mast roller furling and stainless steel rigging. Foredeck features stainless steel bow rail, anchor with roller, and windlass.
The spacious interior features cherry stained white oak joinery with teak sole. An open salon provides ample room for any length cruise. Port side is a long settee with pilot berth. Starboard is a casual seating area. Moving forward and down the full galley is to your right with upper & lower cabinets, solid surface counters, stainless steel sink, refrigerator, ice maker, and a three-burner range with oven. Across from the galley is a spacious dinette with fold-away table. It seats several and sleep two. Storage is ample with bulkhead shelves and under-seat lockers.
The forward cabin has v-berth, under-berth storage, and hanging locker. The roomy head compartment has head, vanity with sink, and shower. This Pearson has accommodations for overnight and extended cruises.
Auxiliary power is provided by a brand new Yanmar 110-hp turbo-diesel engine. A new Westerbeke generator provides offshore electrical power while two new reverse cycle HAC units maintain interior comfort.
This vessel is Hull #1 and was actually the prototype for the Pearson Countess 44 future production. She is heavily built and was used as the finish line yacht for the Mackinac race. Her tall rig was designed by Ted Hood and shipped from France.
This Countess 44 is a blue water family cruiser with coastal capabilities. She has good looks, spacious cockpit, and comfortable interior with room for everyone. Designed and built to handle all weather and all seas she is ready to sail. Call now to schedule a showing of this exceptional 44' Palmer Johnson built Countess.
- Ballast: 8000 Displacement: 28000
- Total Power: 110
- Fuel: 190 Fresh Water: 100 Holding: 25
- Open Salon with Convertible Seating Full Galley Spacious Dinette with Fold-away Table Forward Stateroom with V-Berth Enclosed Head with Vanity and Shower
- Located Down to Starboard Upper & Lower Cabinets Solid Surface Counter Top Stainless Steel Sinks Hille Gas Range Sea Frost Refrigerator Litton Microwave Oven Under-counter Ice Maker
- Sails & Rigging
- Three Sets of Sails 160 Jib Two New Masts with Roller Furling New Stainless Steel Rigging
- New electronics package. Raymarine C80 GPS / Chart Plotter Raymarine 6000 Auto Pilot Raymarine ST60+ Tri-date Display Raymarine ST60+ Depth Finder Raymarine ST60+ GPS Icom R71A Receiver Icom 735 HF Transceiver Kenwood Stereo
- Deck & Hull
- Harbor Fast 45# Main Anchor Two Spare Anchors Ideal Windlass Fresh Bottom Paint New Shaft and Propeller Rebuilt Steering Gear Rebuilt Rudder New Seal
- Mechanical & Electrical
- All new electrical system including wiring. New Yanmar Turbocharged Diesel Engine New Reverse Cycle HAC - Two Units New Westerbeke 8kW Generator 30-amp Shore Power