- 30 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Built by Bertram so the quality is second to none. Outstanding sea keeping, handling and manueverability. She is powered by a pair of Cummins 6BTA 370 HP Diesels and will cruise at a comfortable 25 knots at 2400 RPM and top out at around 30 knots. Fitted with a custom tower she is rigged to fish for the serious angler. Interior space is equipped with a double berth forward, small galley, convertible dinette and a stand up head and shower.
Designed to appeal to both the cruiser and serious angler, the 30 Moppie is a good looking inboard express with a sleek profile to go with her rugged construction. Employing the hull of the from the Bertram 30 Convertible (Model years 84-85) the Moppie's clean lines offer plenty of appeal. Access to the engines below decks is very good. Deep Vee bottom (18.5 degree transom deadrise),the 30"MOPPIE" is one of the finest performing boats in her size/class range ever produced incorporating Deep Vee performance, speed, a much drier ride than the legendary 31 Hunt Designed Bertram and VERY RESPECTABLE fuel economy. She is a pleasure to see and a pleasure to show.
- Enter the salon from the door on the centerline of the helm area. There is a a very large salon and berth area. The forward berth sleeps two adults comfortably and the convertible dinette table converts to an extra berth. On the portside is a full stand up head and shower. A new Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning unit was installed in 2009. Head Head is to port Electric toilet (new March 2011) with holding tank Grohe faucet in head Vanity w/ GFCI outlet (dual) Large mirror Hot/Cold shower Skylight in head Shower sump system Storage cabinet below sink Storage behind toilet Courtesy hook
- Located to the starboard side at the base of the entry steps the galley is compact but offers the essentials. Along with a small counter, drawer and cabinet storage and a single basin style stainless steel sink a new Electric Induction Cooktop was installed in 2009. A new 12V/120V stainless drawer fridge/freezer was installed in 2010.
- Electronics & Navigation
- Lower helm station : Furuno 36 mile radar Furuno 1920C VX2 Chart Plotter (new 2009) Furuno Navpilot 511 Autopilot (new 2011) Furuno FCV 582L Depth/Fish Finder Icom VHF Radio New (2009) Sony Stereo w/JL Audio Speakers(new 2009) Glendinning engine synchronizer Upper helm station : Independent Furuno 1720C VX2 Chart Plotter (new 2010) Furuno FCV 582L Depth/Fish Finder Icom VHF Radio Furuno Navpilot 511 Autopilot (new 2011)
- Equipped with a pair of Cummins 6BTA 370 horsepower turbo inboard diesels she will cruise at a comfortable and economical 25 knots and reach a maximum speed of 32 knots with her four blade props. She currently has 650 hours of usage.
- Electrical System
- 3- 8D AGM house batteries totaling 750AH(new 2010) with 3KW true sine inverter and 150A charger 2- Odyssey PC 2250 CCA starting batteries(new 2009)with separate Charles 30Amp charger Shore power 30 amp 120V connection
- Deck & Hull
- Built on a solid glass hull, deep vee bottom for a superior ride in both offshore and inshore conditions. A large cockpit area is perfect for offshore fishing or a couple of chairs and a table for a relaxing day on the boat. Tuna Tower with upper helm station, Rupp outriggers and center rigger, rod holders on tower and in both gunnels, forward Bowmar Hatch, Cockpit and forward flood lights, Blue LED courtesy lights, swim platform with ladder, outward opening transom door, 5ft Birdsall Marine folding bench seat and backrest(new 2009), Cockpit sink and bait prep station module with storage below, live well and freezer module behind helm, foredeck sunning pad, large fishbox with macerator in cockpit, Lewmar concept windlass with 30' of chain and 150' of line, cockpit helm enclosure(front and back replaced in 2009), both raw and fresh water washdowns, hatches on both sides below combing, comfortable helm and passenger seating, Eco-exhaust system sends engine exhaust below waterline and reduces exhaust smoke and smell from engines. Since March of 2009 over $75,000.00 has been spent to insure that this 30 Bertram Moppie Diesel is the very best she can be.
- Updates & Upgrades
- The following list represents the various updates and upgrades that have been performed since 2009 until the present time. New bottom- sandblasted, epoxied, primed and painted Oct 2010 New electric head March 2011 New Furuno 1920 vx2 Chart Plotter May 2009 New Furuno 1720 vx2 Chart Plotter Upper Station Nov 2010 New Furuno 511 Autopilot May 2011 New Sea Mach reverse cycle Heat/AC March 2009 New Isotherm 6 gal Stainless water heater March 2009 New Induction cooktop installed March 2009 New front and rear Isinglass and Stamoid enclosure March 2009 New Xantrex 3KW true sine inverter with 150 Amp charger Marh 2009 2 new Odyssey PC 2250 Starting batteries March 2009 3 new 8D AGM house batteries @250A/H apiece July 2010 Battery AmpHour meter 2 New Fortress anchors July 2010 New Imtra recessed lights in Salon July 2009 2 new Icom VHF Radios, July 2009 Jensen AM/FM/CD stero in Salon New Sony AM/FM/CD stereo with JL Audio speakers in cockpit July 2009 Blue LED courtesy lights in cockpit April 2011 New Fresh water pressure pump May 2011 New fairing block for Depth sounders Oct 2010 New ZF Transmissions Feb 2010 Shafts and props removed, trued and reinstalled Feb 2010 New Engine Mounts Feb 2010 Skegs removed and rebedded and aligned Feb 2010 New tach cable for Glendinning Synchronizer. Apr 2011 New fiberglass exhaust elbow for port side engine March 2009 Aftercoolers rebuilt June 2011 New Birdsall Marine folding bench seat in cockpit March 2009 New Isotherm Stainless steel drawer fridge/freezer in galley Nov 2010 New solid teak telescoping cockpit table with fold down leaves May 2009 New stainless Bertram Logo Nov 2010 Upper and lower Helm pumps rebuilt Jan 2011 New hydraulic steering cylinder June 2010 New gaskets and washers on all joints on Rupp Outriggers 2011 New Stamoid helm enclosure front and rear with U-Zips
- Hull / Bottom Maintenance
- During October of 2010, the boat was hauled and the bottom was blasted down to the gelcoat and numerous coats of epoxy barrier coat were applied follow up with three(3) coats of Seahawk anti fouling paint. The addition of a Marlin System Exhaust was added in 2007. The features and benefits of this system can be seen by referring to the following links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKlrj2GM60&feature=player_embedded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-2nF0b1Pw&feature=player_embedded
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Interested parties can click on this link www.affiniti-yacht.com 30’ Bertram Diesel Moppie 1996 and proceed to the "Affiniti Listings" tab to view this fine vessels videos and additional photographs. Depending on your Internet connection the load time will vary. Discover the Affiniti Advantage!