- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 525 SC
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
(LOCATION: Harrison Township MI) The 42 Fountain Lightning! If you were on another boat, it’s the one that left your jaw on your chest as it roared past. The 42 Lightning is the most illustrious race boat in history, winning more world and national championships than any other V-bottom in world history. It shattered the world speed record eight times with the fastest two-way average of 171.883 mph. It has done more than just win, it has totally dominated race courses over the past two decades. It all started with Bob Nordskog’s Powerboat Special in the mid 1980s and continued under such stellar marques as Ohio Steel, Ocean Spray, Rio Roses, Pier 57 and Yachts International. The 42 comes with a staggered engine set-up that brings the propellers close together, keeping the center of gravity low, down along the keel where it works best. With a trio of Mercury 525s, the 42 will hit speeds up to 90+ mph. Own a proven part of history, the 42 Lightning is the best value that money can buy!
This fresh water beauty has been dry stored, professionally maintained, and "gently" driven. The white hull, custom H-D graphics, and red & white interior make her stand out in any marina. The carpeted cockpit features twin bolster seats forward, removable center bolster seat, and rear bench seat. Re-holstered in 2004 the cockpit shows like new. The padded sun deck opens to reveal the trio of Mercruiser engines. An integrated swim platform has stainless steel boarding ladder. Beneath the extended foredeck is a comfortable cabin with forward v-berth seating, galley with fresh water sink, and enclosed head compartment. There is ample room for relaxing and entertaining.
It is Powered by triple 540-hp Mercruiser 525 SC engines and Bravo outdrives with new stainless steel props. Engines and outdrives are recently rebuilt with low hours. She is equipped with silent choice exhaust, power steering, hydraulic trim tabs, and automatic fire suppression. There's a Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo with four marine speakers. This 42 Lightning is a great looking Fountain with high performance, is professionally maintained, and affordably priced. Call now to schedule a showing. Recent survey available.
- Displacement: 9800
- Total Power: 540 Max Speed: 90+ mph
- Fuel: 328 Fresh Water: 13
- Carpeted Cabin. Forward V-berth Horseshoe Settee Galley with Fresh Water Sink Enclosed Head Compartment
- Cockpit & Helm
- New Upholstery in 2004 Open Cockpit Cockpit Carpeting Twin Bolster Seats with Electric Drop Down Rear Bench Seat Digital Depth Finder Gaffrig Gauges Race Billet Throttles Hydraulic Steering Kenwood AM/FM/CD Stereo
- Deck & Hull
- Red and White interior and exterior Custom Graphics Anchor and Anchor Locker Motorized Engine Hatch Rack Stored Cushioned Sun Pad Integrated Swim Platform Boarding Ladder Mooring Cover
- Mechanical & Electrical
- Professionally Maintained, Fresh Water Boat, Dry Stored Triple 540-hp Mercruiser Rebuilt Engines with 115 hours Rebuilt Bravo Outdrives with 2 Hours New Stainless Steel Propellers Automatic Fire Suppression Twin Batteries Battery Switch Hydraulic Trim Tabs Silent Choice Exhausts Air Assisted Shift
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.