This 40’ Albin North Sea Cutter 2006 is located in Stratford, CT.
This is one of Albins most classic designs. She is both comfortable and fast. A great cruising or livaboard yacht.
*She is aggressively for sale and owner will consider all serious offers.
This Albin was one of the original Ray Hunt Hull designed many years ago then this model was originally introduced as the Palm Beach. Albin reintroduced her into our contemporary marketplace with new upgrades and features, bigger power and a faster hull.
Featuring a fabulous aluminum hardtop for the bridge and white hull color she will turn heads with her classic styling, gorgeous lines, and inviting interior. The wonderful blend of ship like design, luxurious appointments, seaworthiness, economy and speed make this a beloved vessel by her owners and guest alike. At an outstanding price you can get a first rate yacht!
* If you have seen this yacht before you should see her again. New upgrades and maintenance is now being done on this classic Albin Yacht.
Exceptionally Low Hour Diesels! Full complement of features!
The 40’ North Sea Cutter is a unique vessel that standouts out amongst others. She incorporates the advancements in design and style that Albin has developed over their storied history in boat design and style. She was a new concept in speed, performance and layout and was developed from the fast patrol boats of the North Atlantic where treacherous seas continually test a vessel’s seaworthiness. Her knowledgeable owners continually upgraded her and whether you are a serious cruising family or a live-aboard, this vessel is the perfect match.
Performance wise, the hull's sharp entry, allows for a smooth ride in pounding surf and overall engineering enables easy handling in head, following and quartering sea conditions. Powered by Yanmar 370 diesels get reliability and smooth running. She is remarkably stable and maneuverable and will sleep five to six owners and guests. Step aboard and note that the dedicated spaces; flybridge, aft cabin, salon, master cabin – are truly special and unique in and of themselves and make for wonderfully varied spaces to enjoy the pleasures of being on the water.
Golden Interior! Younger than her age! A vessel like no other!
The main saloon is bright, uncluttered and very accommodating. An L-shaped settee is opposite a well-equipped galley. Toward the stern, the aft cabin with its own private head is a versatile space. It can be a den or library for liveaboards, or it can expand the utility of the saloon. Obviously, it can also become a guest’s stateroom or a bunkroom for children. The aft cabin opens to a generous cockpit. A few steps up is a sundeck, and up several more steps is a bridge with a second helm station.
This is a "no nonsense" vessel for the Yachtsman who respects high performance under the most adverse conditions at sea. Once you’ve boarded “Morning’s Light” you’ll feel right at home. You can easily move about everywhere on this vessel; wide side decks, well designed hand holds, strong rails, you get the picture. This is a first rate vessel, with first rate design, looking for new first rate owners! Showings are by appointment only.
*She can be seen by appoint by contacting the listing broker today. Her owner is motivated and will consider all reasonable offers. You may also make an Internet offer contingent to your personal inspection and contingencies. Call or email today to arrange for a viewing or to submit an offer. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for visiting our listing.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- FULL SPECS
- LOA: 40’ LWL: 34’ 9” Beam: 13’ Dry Weight: 25,000 lbs Fuel Capacity: 500 gallons Draft: 3’ 10” Engines Engine Make: Yanmar Model: 370 Year Built: 2006 Fuel Type: Diesel Horse Power: 370 hp Hours: 247 Drive Type: Inboard Max Speed: 22 kts Cruising Speed: 17 kts Trim Tabs: Yes, Bennett Electrical System System: 110 V AC/ 12 V DC Battery(s): 4D (x4) Charger/Inverter: ProMariner, ProTech 4 - advanced 4-Step (50amp) Generator Make: Onan Electronics GPS/Chartplotter: Garmin 3210 Radar: Garmin GMR 24 Accommodations # Heads: 2 - Electric Flush # Showers: 2 – Master Stateroom Grand Bath, Aft Stateroom Standup AC/Heat: Yes, Crusair – 3 zone - forward, saloon, aft Galley Stove: Yes, Princess Oven/3-Burner Combo Type: Electric Hot Water Tank: Yes, Raritan - 12 gal Fresh Water Capacity: 200 gallons Holding Tank: 35 gallons Macerator: Yes Other: Tankwatch System 4’s - x2 (Black & Gray Water) Other: BilgeBuster System (eliminates odors) Safety Anchor(s): Fortress Style Windlass: Yes, Muir Bilge Pump(s): 3 - forward/engine room/aft Featured Addition (Included) Dingy: 10.2’ Mercury 310 Inflatable (Hyphalon) Engine Make: Nissan Hp: 3.5 hp General Information This North Sea Cutter has a rare white hull that is the first noticed when viewing. She was originally introduced many years ago as the 37 Palm Beach with a Ray Hunt modified V hull and this is the larger updated version. One of the first of her kind to hit high speeds she will also cruise economically at lower speeds. You can sleep five to six owners and guests in two guest cabins and her main salon. Main salon includes a full galley up with lower helm station. Master stateroom is forward and includes a large queen size centerline berth. She has a nice head arrangement with the enclosed head to starboard and a shower stall to port which separates the two. Aft is a guest cabin with head and is set up as an entertainment cabin or den. Configuration and berthing can be modified however the current arrangement seems to be the layout of choice. Exterior includes a large fly-bridge with light weight “Atlantic” aluminum hardtop. A lower sundeck then leads down to an adequate cockpit which is very convenient for line handling, fishing, etc. Swim platform and boarding ladder are also included. Except for some teak railing the exterior is void of any brightwork which keeps maintenance low. Other convenient features include sliding doors from the salon on both sides to the gunwhales, lots of operating windows for ventilation, a teak and holly floor and beautiful interior brightwork. Onan 9 KW Generator Twin 30 dockside AC wiring. Shore Power Cords. Bow pulpit. Windlass with Stainless Steel Anchor Hinged Mast Cruise Air 3 zone Air Conditioning. Full ac/dc breaker panel. Stainless Steel venting portholes Swim Platform with boarding ladder Full Instrumentation Dual Saloon Doors Lower Helm Station Aft Cabin Entrance to cockpit. Full teak and holly interior floor. Dining table in Salon. Electric bilge pumps One manual bilge pump. Batterycharger Disclaimer The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 40 Albin North Sea Cutter Power Boat Guide
- Introduced in 2005, the 40 North Sea Cutter was the first of a series of Albin boats built in Mainland China. She’s a “performance trawler,” meaning that while she has a trawler-like appearance on the outside, she rides on a traditional modified-V hull capable of very untrawler-like speeds. Trawler purists don’t have much good to say about the breed, but performance trawlers are popular these days since not everyone wants to be limited to sailboat cruising speeds. In any event, the 40 is a practical and very solid boat. Her floorplan is uniquely arranged with owner’s stateroom forward rather than aft. The small aft cabin, with its cockpit access door and convertible U-shaped dinette, can be used as a den/office or second stateroom. The owner’s stateroom is surprisingly spacious and includes divided head/shower compartments. With the galley to starboard in the salon, seating space is limited to the L-shaped dinette. One of the more appealing features on the Albin 40 is her large cockpit—an excellent jumping-off point for swimming and diving. On the downside, the aft cabintop dimensions are modest. Yanmar 370hp diesels cruise at 20 knots (mid 20s top). Power Boat Guide
- To Our Boating Friends, *Thank You for stopping by and visiting with RCYS. We appreciate every persons visit over the last 40 years and enjoy making new boating friends each year. We are open and available seven days a week. Showings by appointment. Financing available to qualified buyers. Other services include survey, insurance, documentation, closings and service. Or if you just want to talk boating feel free to call. Be sure to subscribe to our Newsletter and Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin . Call 203-542 0827 or email Info@RCYachtSales.com. * RCYS is a Veterans owned and operated organization. * Contact RCYS about a career in yacht sales. * Florida State Licensed * Established 1975