- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
PRIVATELY OWNED FROM NEW AND MAINTAINED AND PRESENTED IN FIRST CLASS CONDITION. FULLY FITTED OUT AS LIVEABOARD WITH 540 W SOLAR PANELS AND 4 X RUTLAND WIND GENERATORS.
MAI TAI sailed from Europe to the Canary Islands then across on the A.R.C. to St. Lucia in 2010 where she now is based out of one of the, if not, nicest marina in the Caribbean. She just returned to St. Lucia after sailing north to Dominica and Antigua. Friendly and clean live-aboard owners are onboard and happy to show their well kept boat to interested parties. Serious inquiries only please.
MAI TAI was hauled in mid-Nov 2011 for complete service on engines and sail drives (seals/bearings) and fresh anti fouling was applied to both hulls and aluminum anti primer and paint to her sail drives. Owner has installed six brand new 8D AGM Deep Cycle DEKA House Batteries in December 2011. This Lagoon 440 remains in excellent condition.
- LOA: 44'8"/13.61m LWL: 41'10"/12.75m Beam: 25'3"/7.7m Max Draft: 4'3"/1.3m Max Bridge Clearance: 70'3"/21.40m Displacement: 26791 lbs/12.15 t
- Total Power: 54 Cruising Speed: 7-8 kts Max Speed: 9-12 kts
- Fuel: 172Gal(2x86 gal/325L) Fresh Water: 240 gals(3 x 80 gal/300L) Holding: forward port head
- The Saloon on the Lagoon 440 is a superb living space with 360 degree panoramic view. Standing headroom approx: 2.05 m / 6'9" . The large dining table can either be set in the saloon or in the cockpit. It can also be stowed in a cleverly designed locker built in the bimini top. Esbacher diesel heating system with control for saloon and 2 x forward cabins White Alacantra cushions to sofa and bench seating Curtains for all saloon windows, sliding windows and door. Varnished dining table that can be swapped with the coffee table Drop in mattress for converting to queen size bed Seating for 8/10 people Double settee with lockers below, accessible from galley Storage compartments under bench seats Large locking aluminium sliding cockpit door with open/closed positions Cabinet for electrical switches on port side aft 2 opening hatches on forward windows 2 opening deck hatches Curtains on forward saloon windows CHART TABLE: Located to starboard of saloon, facing forward Chart storage Large console with electronic displays and communication equipment Second steering station with gauges, throttles and toggle for steering
- Four Cabin, Four Head version with cherrywood interior. Each cabin has ample 2.04 meter / 6'10" headroom and have their own private head w/vanity and shower. Queen-size bertsh aft and forward measure (2,0m / 6'5" x 1,60m / 5'3" at widest point). The aft cabins are fit for royalty with their queen-size central bed! Large hull fixed windows bring in lots of natural light and offer an unequalled view on the outside while staying discrete. Cabin ventilation is assured by numerous opening portholes and hatches. Lots of storage below each berth. Curtains on portholes, hatches and fixed one-way windows. Warm air vents from Esbacher heating system. Full sized Marine Toilets (electrics aft/manuals forward). Moulded GRP units with white laminate walls standing headroom 2,04m Washbasin with mixer tap / shower. Shower grating. Speckled beige synthetic resin IRO G120 countertops. AFT CABINS Queen-size berths Semi-island berths 2 drawers under berths Hanging lockers and shelves Bookshelf Halogen ceiling lights 2 reading lights per berth 2 bed tables 1 opening deck hatch 1 opnening port hole 1 large hull window 2 X LCD TV w/built in DVD (21" and 19") 2 x Aft heads with electric flush toilets FORWARD CABINS Queen size berths 1 drawer under berths Hanging locker and shelves Bookshelf Halogen ceiling lights 2 reading lights per berth 1 opening deck hatch 1 opening port hole 2 x forward heads with manual toilets Forward heads access both from cabin and companionway. 1 holding tank w/gravity drain/deck pump out in the front port head
- The large L-shaped galley to starboard faces the cockpit and it has been designed as a professional area where the chef will be able to reveal all his skills. Galley has direct access to cockpit through sliding window. 3 burner stove / oven with grill (LPG) 12V fridge 130L / 34 US Gallons, front loading 12V freezer 130L / 34 US Gallons, front loading S/S Microwave Toaster Kettle All pots, pans and utensils Stainless steel countertops Double s/s sinks with mixer tap Integrated dish drainage area Cutlery drawer Storage under sink Waste bin under sink Franke s/s Ceramic water filter and tap
- DUPLICATE THROTTLES, ENGINE PANELS (Flybridge and Saloon) with TOGGLE STEERING STATION IN SALOON AUTOPILOT NAVMAN ON FLYBRIDGE LOG/SPEEDOMETER RAYMARINE ON FLYBRIDGE WIND INSTRUMENT RAYMARINE ON FLYBRIDGE 2 X PLOTTER/24 MILE RADAR/WEATHERFAX (FURUNO NAVNET VX2 10 INCH SCREEN ) DUPLICATE ON FLYBRIDGE. C-Map Max CHARTS FOR EUROPE AND CARRIBBEAN/EAST USA FURUNO AIS RECIEVER AND TRANSPONDER DCS VHF-TRANSMITTER ICOM MC505-IN SALOON, . DUPLICATE HANDSET ON FLYBRIDGE WITH INTERCOM AND LOUDHAILER RADAR REFLECTOR SMART CONTROLLER PORTABLE AUTOPILOT RAYMARINE IN SALOON TRI DATA RAYMARINE IN SALOON 2 X PLOTTER/24 MILE RADAR/WEATHERFAX (FURUNO NAVNET VX2 10 INCH SCREEN ) C-Map Max CHARTS FOR EUROPE AND CARRIBBEAN/EAST USA BARO-/HYGRO-/THERMOMETER OREGON SCIENTIFIC CLOCK 2 X BINOCULARS, CENTRAL COMPASS EPIRB
- Main 12V electrical panel with Plexiglass door on port side of saloon next to companionway Ammeter, voltmeter, circuit breakers, back lighting, water gauge, 12V outlet 2 engine start batteries: 12 v- 110 Amp 6 Brand New Deka 8D AGM house batteries installed November 2011 540 W OF SOLAR PANELS ON TITLING FRAME SYSTEM ( CUSTOM MADE) up to 36 amps per hour OUTBACK FLEXMAX 80 amp SOLAR CONTROLLER 4 RUTLAND WIND GENERATORS WITH SEPARATE CONTROLLERS ( 2 x RUTLAND 514 - 2 X RUTLAND 913 ) ON CUSTOM FRAME 80 amp 220v BATTERY CHARGER Fisher Panda 4kw Generator (water cooled in sound canopy) Windlass 12V 1700W in anchor locker
- Deck and Hull
- The raised central helm station gives perfect 360° visibility and all the control lines are within easy reach. Even a reduced crew can easily maneuver the Lagoon 440. The spacious aft cockpit is protected under a rigid stainless bimini top. Windlass 12V 1700W in anchor locker Bow safety net with knot-less nylon netting Stainless steel outboard stern pulpits including one with horseshoe buoy and flagpole fittings and one with stern light Stainless steel inboard stern pulpits Composite forward longitudinal beam with recessed chain run and mooring cleat Aluminium crossbeam with forestay chain plate, anchor roller and nav. Light FORWARD DECK: Forward cockpit with 2 storage lockers on sides and one large locker aft with access to water tanks Access to the windlass and chain locker BOW COMPARTMENTS: Access from deck through hatch, fitted as crew cabins with mattress, shelves, lights, side opening window and access ladders AFT COCKPIT: Large cockpit usable as deck saloon, protected by fixed composite bimini with recessed cockpit lighting U-shape foredeck seating area with generator locker Removable solid teak cockpit table accommodates 8/10 people, with protective cover 2 aft storage lockers Large storage locker on port side of cockpit with wet bar. Speckled beige synthetic resin IRO G120 countertop and stainless steel handrail Sliding window between cockpit and galley Storage for 2 propane tanks Built-in storage area for cockpit table in bimini ceiling Grab handles on the sides of the cockpit TRANSOMS: Transom access to engine compartments Hot and cold deck shower on port side Port side swim ladder; stowable in transom locker. 2 hand rails Starboard storage locker. 2 hand rails 1 dinghy cleat on each transom Custom made Tilting Frame for the 6 x 90W mono crystaline Solar Panels 88 LB ROCNA (new May 2011) 45 LB CQR ANCHOR WITH 60 m - 12 mm CHAIN 35 LB DANFORTH ANCHOR WITH 40 m – 12 mm CHAIN 10 x 18-22mm MOORING ROPES WITH 6 X HEAVY DUTY SNUBBERS 8 FENDERS TEAK AND S/S PASSARELL ( GANGWAY) 2007 - 3.2 CARIBE RIB TENDER WITH 5 hp FOURSTROKE OUTBOARD 8 mooring cleats with Twin S/S rubbing strakes 1 electric winch 46.2 STCE starboard of helm for mainsail halyard, and reefing lines 1 winch 53.2 STC starboard of helm for Genoa halyard, Genoa sheet, and spinnaker/ Gennaker sheets and halyard 1 winch 53.2 STC port of helm station for Genoa sheet and Gennaker/spinnaker sheets 1 winch 53.2 STC behind helm station for main sheet, main traveller and Genoa furling lines 1 winch 32.2 STC in cockpit for davit tackle and mainsheet safety release Windlass 12V 1700W in anchor locker Bow safety net with knot-less nylon netting Stainless steel outboard stern pulpits including one with horseshoe buoy and flagpole fittings and one with stern light Stainless steel inboard stern pulpits Composite forward longitudinal beam with recessed chain run and mooring cleat Aluminium crossbeam with forestay chain plate, anchor roller and nav. Light Mainsheet traveller track and ball-bearing cars 2 Genoa tracks with Genoa car and stopper FLYBRIDGE: Twin deck access stairways, one from each side Large bench seat for 6 people with white PVC cushions and bolsters Ergonomically-designed helm station with leathered wheel with brake, engine throttles, engine panels, hour meters, fuel gauges, compass, large instrument console for electronic displays, Plexiglas-protected chart storage, cup holders, rope storage Folding navy blue canvas bimini on stainless steel frame over the helm post, with removable clear windscreen, and protective storage cover Protection covers for helm position Stainless steel back rest with bolster cushions
- Engine & Mechanical
- Mai Tai was hauled November 2011 and both engines and sail drives were completly serviced. ENGINE COMPARTMENTS x 2 : 2 x Engine hatch gas struts 2 x 54 HP Yanmar 4JHE engines 4 cyl ( 690 hrs) with Yanmar SD50 sail drives fitted with Kiwi feathering props ( Full service history)very economical, 5 litres per hour at 2250 rpms gives 6 knots Dual Engine controls at helm station and fly bridge Soundproofed engine compartments, soundproof access panels Engine compartments electric blowers Sea water filter Diesel Filters x 2 each side Engine rooms lights Portside contains solar, wind controllers and battery charger for easy access. Fisher Panda 4kw Generator in locker under settee
- Sails & rigging
- 1 electric winch 46.2 STCE starboard of helm for mainsail halyard, and reefing lines 1 winch 53.2 STC starboard of helm for Genoa halyard, Genoa sheet, and spinnaker/ Gennaker sheets and halyard 1 winch 53.2 STC port of helm station for Genoa sheet and Gennaker/spinnaker sheets 1 winch 53.2 STC behind helm station for main sheet, main traveller and Genoa furling lines 1 winch 32.2 STC in cockpit for davit tackle and mainsheet safety release RUNNING RIGGING 1 double-purchase spectra mainsail halyard 1 spectra Genoa halyard 1 mainsail sheet 2 Genoa sheets 2 Gennaker sheets 2 Spinnaker Spectra sheets 3 mainsail reefing lines (No 3 Spectra) 1 Genoa furling line 2 mainsail traveller car control lines Full batten main: 74m² Furling Genoa: 42m² Furling Gennaker: 90m² Spinnaker: 145m² Mainsheet traveller track and ball-bearing cars 2 Genoa tracks with Genoa car and stopper 1 double-purchase spectra mainsail halyard 1 spectra Genoa halyard 1 mainsail sheet 2 Genoa sheets 2 Gennaker sheets 2 Spinnaker Spectra sheets 3 mainsail reefing lines (No 3 Spectra) 1 Genoa furling line 2 mainsail traveller car control lines
- Brokers Comments
- MAI TAI is a very desirable Lagoon 440 Flybridge Catamaran that's in Superb Condition. She presently lies in one of the nicest marinas in the Caribbean on the island of St. Lucia after completing the Atlantic Regatta Crossing (A.R.C.) from the Canary Island.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Kevin Welsh EDWARDS YACHT SALES firstname.lastname@example.org 321.693.1642 mobile Skype Name: kevinyachtsales Click here to search for more Catamarans!