Rare Europa model in exceptional mechanical condition with extensive upgrades. Current owners has owned this boat for 24 years and in the past ten years has installed four new fuel tanks, rebuilt the engines, removed teak from the forward deck and installed new ports as well as a number extras and improvements listed in the full specifications. This is a trawler that is ready to take you anywhere!
A very popular boat, the Marine Trader 40 Sedan/Europa is an economy class Taiwan import with a salty profile and a very practical layout. Like all sedan style interiors, the MT 40' floor plan has the salon, lower helm, and galley on the same level. This layout allows easy access without steps to negotiate while moving about the boat. The two- stateroom, all teak interior houses a large L-shaped galley in the salon which is separated from the convertible dinette by a serving counter with lockers above and below. The master stateroom is located to port, opposite the head, rather than forward. On deck, bridge overhangs protect much of the MT 40' decks and cockpit from sun and rain. The spacious flybridge is equipped with back to back seating and space aft for stowing a dingy. The cockpit is roomy and has ample space for a few deck chairs. Additional features include teak decks and window frames, flybridge mast and boom, deep bulwarks, a large engine room, transom door, and a fiberglass swim platform. Survey from 2009 and Maintenance/Fuel Consumption Report available upon request.
Call today to schedule your showing.
- Max Bridge Clearance: 21' Mast Up, 16' Mast Down Displacement: 24,200
- Total Power: 120 Cruising Speed: 8 Max Speed: 11
- Fuel: 380 Fresh Water: 200 Holding: 40
- The Marine Trade Sedan is very versatile and accommodating designed to make life aboard very safe, comfortable and relaxing. On deck she features a fly bridge with full fiberglass hard top, spacious upper deck with ample room for dinghy storage and entertaining. The main deck features an aft cockpit, easily traveled side decks with deep bulwarks, large bow with pulpit and bow roller and a raised coachroof. The bridge extends over the side decks and aft cockpit offering protection from the sun and rain. On starboard is a sliding helm door allowing easy access fore and aft while docking. Teak weather decks compliment her traditional styling. Like all sedan style interiors, this Marine Trader has the salon, galley and lower helm station on the same level as the side decks. With no steps to negotiate, moving about the boat, whether under way or at anchor is safe and easy. She features two entry doors. One aft, entering from the cockpit and one starboard at the lower helm station. The salon is open and airy featuring a settee to port with a custom, hi-lo table which easily converts to a raised dinner table. Opposite is two fiberglass wicker chairs. Large sliding windows offer tremendous lighting and ventilation. The lower helm station with double bench seat is to starboard. The cruising galley is opposite on port. The large opening windshield, large sliding ports and helm door provide very clear vision for the helmsperson. The spacious master cabin is midships on port and features a large Pullman style double berth, hanging locker, under bunk custom storage. Opposite the master cabin is the electric marine head with vanity and stall shower / tub. The Forward cabin features a "V" style double with large overhead hatch, hanging locker, under bunk storage and standing headroom. New Coleman Rooftop Air Conditioning w/Heat Built in Stereo/DVD w/LCD TV Mast mounted TV Antenna (3) Forward Hatches Replaced w/Lexan
- The full cruising, "L" shaped galley is separated from the salon by a serving counter with storage cabinets above and below. The upper cabinets are double doored, allowing access from the salon or galley side. There is additional storage under the counter and sink. The front loading Kenmoore Refrigerator is under the counter between the stove and sinks. The top loading Freezer is opposite the galley just aft of the lower helm seat and under the hinged chart table. New Refrigerator (2005) New Freezer (2005) Galley Maid Stove w/Oven - Electric Microwave Oven Ceramic Tile Countertops
- UPPER HELM: West Marine VHF Radio Benmar Autopilot (2006) Glendenning Synchronizers Raymarine SL72 24 Mile Radar/GPS Chartplotter (2005) Lowrance X65 Depthsounder Danforth Compass LOWER HELM: West Marine VHF Radio Benmar Autopilot (2006) Glendenning Synchronizers Saturn Compass Fuel Level Monitors
- 8 KW Onan Generator (6500 hours) 110V and 12V Service (2) 30 AMP Shorepower Connections and Cords 50 AMP Y Adapter Second Battery Charger 1700 Watt Inverter Custom Lighting (2000) (6) 6V Trojan House Batteries (5) GRP 27 Engine Start Batteries New 10 Gal. Hot Water Heater Wire for Cable TV
- Deck and Hull
- Hull Topsides painted in 2000 and bottom antifouling new in May 2009. Teak was removed from forward deck and fiberglassed over. New Opening Ports were installed in 2000 that feature screens and shades. A custom fiberglass Hard Top was installed in 2005. New Horizon 12V Windlass was installed in 2004 and there is a 55# Delta Anchor on a twin Bow Roller with 225 feet of chain. The Stainless Steel Bow Railing was replace in 2002. Anit-rolling anchor device New Fiberglass Swim Platform (2008) Atkins and Hoyle S/S Davits (2002) 35 Lb Plow Anchor w/Rode (8) Lifejackets/Flares/Extinguishers
- Engine & Mechanical
- Engines were removed and completely overhauled in 2002 including new Heat Exchangers, Oil Coolers, Alternators and Starters rebuilt, new hoses and transmissions rebuilt. While the engines were removed, the old fuel tanks were pulled out and four New Aluminum Fuel Tanks installed. New Exhaust system (Fiberglass Mufflers) including hoses and exit flanges above the waterline installed in 2002. New Fuel Manifold (2005) Oil Removal System (2005) Lasdrop Shaft Seals (2006) New Prop Shafts (2006) New Michigan Dyna Quad Bronze four blade props - 24X17 (2006) New Morse Engine Controls (2006) Fuel Level Monitors
- Brokers Comments
- The interior has been refinished with white Formica on the exterior walls which really brightens it up giving it a nice airy feeling. With the new fuel tanks, rebuilt engines, teak removed from the forward deck, new ports and all the extensive extras listed, this is a trawler that is ready to take you anywhere!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- . Contact Bill Mellon @ 727-421-4848 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment Let Edwards Yacht Sales help find your next boat Quality Listings, Professional Brokers Click here to search for more boats