- 36 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
Designed by Alan Slater, the PDQ 36 Capella Classic is a well-built nimble-sailing cruising cat designed for families and not for charter companies. Overall, 99 PDQ 36?s have been built , making it one of the most successful cruising catamarans manufactured in North America. The PDQ 36 Capella is handsome in profile, partially due to clever styling with a cove stripe and portlights on the cabin trunk deflecting your eye from the high freeboard that is a feature of most cruising cats. The hulls are solid fiberglass below the waterline and cored with Klegacell foam above. The decks are also foam-cored, except in areas where high-load fittings are attached. Those areas are solid fiberglass. Her fixed keels make a great deal of sense and the rudders are foil shaped. THIS BOAT IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITION.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- The interior plan is one of PDQ most appealing features. She has a practical arrangement that is well suited for extended cruising. Her saloon features a large Cherry folding table with comfortable wraparound settees and unobstructed visibility. Three steps carry you down into each hull. The starboard side features a full-sized chart table amidships and a large molded head compartment with a separate shower aft. The port hull houses the galley, which includes a two-burner stove and oven, double sinks and a generous amount of counter space. Aft to port is a cabin that is designed as a galley pantry and storage room. Her two double sleeping cabins are forward, side-by-side on the bridge-deck. These spacious cabins include queen berths with overhead deck hatches and large hanging lockers. Her head is extremely spacious and has a glass-doored, separate shower. Her overall interior finish truly is practical and very beautiful.
- The galley is equipped with a Force 10 2-burner stove with oven, 2 stainless steel sinks, a microwave, and a 12V refrigerator and freezer (Adler Barbour Cold Machine). There is ample cabinets for storage and approximately 16sq ft. of counter space.Fully equiped for gourmet cooking Table drops to make bed or coffee table. Mattress for bed can be used for cockpit cushions..
- Aft of the salon area is the cockpit. There is a starboard helm seat facing the steering, electronics, and engine controls. All sail controll lines lead aft so the vessel can be sailed by one person from the cockpit. At anchor there is seating for 6 in and around the cockpit. There is also a davit/bench above the transom that provides additional seating and also holds the dinghy. The aft bench also provides a forward view while sailing
- ELECTRICAL & POWER
- Full AC/DC Electric solar panels (3 x 50 watts) Excel ventless on demand propane water heater Adler Barbour Cold Machine - Horizontal 4 x House batteries Blue Sky Solar Boost Start Battery charger controller 1 12v fan for salon,2 Hella fans one foe each stateroom Electric overboard dishcarge pump Honda EU 2000 Generator Surfloe smart sensor 4 GPM water pump Manual overboard discharge pump
- ELECTRONICS & NAVAGATION
- Raymarine VHF radio Raymarine ST60 Tridata Raymarine ST4000 Autopilot VHF Antenna Raymarine 4KW Radome Raymarine E120 Chartplotter / radar display with chips for Eastern Coast and the Bahamas Raymarine 120 WAAS GPS sensor Raymarine DSM 250 digital depth finder in each hull Digital transducer Autopilot interfaced to chartplotter Ritchy Helmsman Compass
- ENGINES & MECHANICAL
- 2 X 9.9 YAMAHA ENGINES WITH NEW REMOTE CABLES 650 HR Nicroday/ night solar vents ( salon & head ) 2 Bilge pumps- Rule model 1100
- DECK EQUIPMENT
- Stow N GO Propane BBQ Fiberglass 10lb propane tank Harkin winch in port and starboard position Aft bench and davits for dingy
- GROUND TACKLE
- QuicK windlass 12V DC with remote control. 2 35 lb. plough anchor High test chain 60' and rode (210' 9/16" nylon) High test chain 25' and rode (150' 9/16" nylon)
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Seldon Mast & Rigging Seldon Furlex Dakron Genoa-455 SQFT. Dakron Main 640-SQFT Mainsail cover Sunbrella (Sky blue) UV leach protection
- Gonased Dingy 6HP 4 stroke Yamaha
- 6 Adult Life Jackets, 1 Child 2 Fire Extinguisher Flir Gun Sea Blast horn & whistle Stanley 1M Series Spotlight 2 Throw Devices