Following purchase in 2005 the owner, very experienced with wooden boats, made the dramatic decision to professionally bond and seal GATSBY'S hull and decks in fiberglass.
The professional application was accomplished in Georgia under owner supervision and at great expense, he believed this was the only way ensure longevity of this otherwise original antique yacht's structure. An earlier owner had already made the power and wiring conversions. GATSBY's owner is moving on to other interests; and would consider trades of a 30-34' antique cruisette style yacht.
GATSBY has ultimate "curb appeal" plus a flexible layout and power suitable for either elegant or economical charter, entertaining, or cruising.
- Total Power: 210 Cruising Speed: 10 Max Speed: 14
- Fuel: 300 Fresh Water: 75
- Main Salon
- The salon has sliding windows on three sides & 3-pane windshield forward with crank operated center pane. Helm station is centered forward with both original and updated (hidden) instrument panels and full size chart table. To port is an access door forward with L-shaped settee aft with drop leaf table. To starboard are cabinets and desk. To port of the helm is a curved stairway leading down to the starboard galley and portside settee berth. A crew / guest cabin is forward with 3 berths with head and recently added shower. The engine room is accessed through a doorway at aft end of galley.
- New built-in Microwave New Refrigerator New Freezer New Cabinets New gas lines to stove and oven
- Master Stateroom
- Accessed through a starboard side companionway, the MASTER STATEROOM is below deck and all the way aft features; twin berths w/drawers underneath, large centered dresser aft w/mirror over, large swing-up ports, and ensuite head forward to port with lockers, tub, and shower. All interior woodwork is original varnished mahogany except the forward head enclosure and galley top cabinets. Custom carpeting, upholstery, and window treatments are post-2005. Original overheads with varnished mahogany capped beams.
- Guest Stateroom
- Adjoining a passageway to the GUEST STATEROOM is a guest head, linen locker, and drawers. The stateroom has twin berths, dresser with mirror forward, and large swing-in opening ports.
- Aft Deck
- The aft deck has a rear facing seat and two wicker chairs. All furniture and rails have protective tan Sunbrella weather covers. A hatch provides access to lazarette and steering gear. A hard top canopy extending aft from the salon provides shelter for the walkways and the trunk cabin. Life jackets are stowed in built in racks. A full width stowage box located upon the trunk cabin abuts the salon bulkhead. The canopy framing is bright finished mahogany adding rich detail.
- Deck and Hull
- Frames: Steam bent oak 1 5/8" x 1 5/8" on 12" centers with closer spacing in engine room. Several forward replaced 1985. Floor Timbers: Oak fitted to all frames Keel & Stem: 4 3/4" sided white oak. Stem replaced 1985. Hull planking: 1 1/4" white cedar copper riveted to frames Foredeck: Tongue & groove 2" fir over 2' tongue & groove lathing Exterior joiner work: Solid mahogany; including trunks, deckhouse, toe & cap rails, & skylight. Foredeck storage boxes and aft deck bench seat: Mahogany- new in 2006 Side decks: White Cedar. Deck beams: oak. New wicker chairs w/ mahogany arms & sun covers on aft deck 2006 Hull, decks, trunk cabin & hard canopy tops professionally fiberglass coated 2005-6 Freshly painted in 2007-8. New signal mast 2006 Cap rails, toe rails and all other exterior bright work re-varnished 2007-8 Custom tan Sunbrella canvas covers for all bright work, furniture, & transom added 2006 Anchor windlass (original) w/dual anchors & lift on foredeck. Original deck hardware Scheduled for paint touch-up and haul-out July 2008
- Electrical and Electronics
- Raytheon Radar at helm Garmin GPS/plotter screen at helm Completely rewired in 1984 with 12V DC and 110V AC systems Custom AC & DC circuit breaker panels 110V shore power with cable 4 x 8-D batteries New 12V & 110V refrigerator & freezer system TV/VCR's in main salon and forward cabin Dual electric horns Marinetek VHF & loudhailer at helm Modern instruments at helm; hidden behind fold-down panel containing originals Icebox 12 KW generator Dual battery switches GFI electrical outlets Circulation Fan in engine room Portable spot light in engine room Helm controlled spotlight on hardtop 2005 replacing original
- Engine and Mechanical
- Twin CUMMINS 6 cyl. BT 5.9 210 hp 4-stroke fresh water-cooled turbo diesels installed 1987. 240 hrs SMOH New Fuel Tanks 1987 New transmissions installed w/engines 1987 New engine plumbing, wiring, & filtering 1987 Original controls retained
- Broker's Remarks
- Following purchase in 2005 the owner, very experienced with wooden boats, made the dramatic decision to professionally bond and seal GATSBY'S hull and decks in fiberglass. The professional application was accomplished in Georgia under owner supervision and at great expense, he believed this was the only way ensure longevity of this otherwise original antique yacht's structure. An earlier owner had already made the power and wiring conversions. GATSBY's owner is moving on to other interests; and would consider trades of a 30-34' antique cruisette style yacht. GATSBY has ultimate "curb appeal" plus a flexible layout and power suitable for either elegant or economical charter, entertaining, or cruising.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- CONTACT LISTING BROKER: MIKE WATERS @ 561-301-3455 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org BOAT IS LOCATED IN: Beaufort, SC