This is a 36’ Royal Lowell sport fisherman. Originally fit with a tuna tower and bow sprit, it spent the first twenty plus year’s tuna fishing. This photo was taken in the shop. We’ll get better photos when they roll her out…but for now check out the full listing and the “before” photo to see her classic lines. There may be two or three of this design in existence…but this is the biggest one, and according to our sources, the only 36.
Some Financing Available.
- This is a 36’ Royal Lowell sport fisherman. Originally fit with a tuna tower and bow sprit, it spent the first twenty plus year’s tuna fishing. This photo was taken in the shop. We’ll get better photos when they roll her out…but for now check out the full listing and the “before” photo to see her classic lines. There may be two or three of this design in existence…but this is the biggest one, and according to our sources, the only 36. ?
- Vessel Walkthrough
- This is a rare Sportsman designed by the famous Royal Lowell. Originally, it had a full tower and bowsprit. The construction is Mahogany plank on oak ribs. As you can see from the photos, it is just completing a substantial refit. The bottom has just been re-fastened, windshield frame rebuilt and fit with new Lexan. The cockpit compartments and tackle drawers were rebuilt and the cockpit sole has received two new aluminum Bomar hatches. There are new mahogany dorade boxes with new brass cowls…and this boat now has a swim platform. The cabin has 6’5” headroom and ample space for weekending and getaways. There are opposing settees with convertible seat backs that double as upper bunks. On the starboard side is a small galley with pressure cold water and stainless sink. The stove has been removed and is available. On the port side is an impressive navigation area with many chart drawers. The enclosed head is in the forepeak.
- Navigation station with several chart drawers Stainless galley sink Enclosed head Opposing settees with convertible upper berths Drop leaf table on centerline
- CQR anchor 200’ anchor line Danforth anchor and deck mount chocks 3 opening deck hatches Teak swim platform Brass dorades and teak boxes Venting windshield Mast with anchor light New stainless rub rail New cockpit covering boards Watertight aluminum cockpit hatches Tan Bimini and side curtains, new
- Electronics & Helm
- VHF radio Fishfinder GPS Compass
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- 1964 Caterpillar D 333 6 cylinder diesel engine. 270 hp. Hours unknown.
- Broker's Comments
- This Lowell design is owned by a knowledgeable yachtsman who has completed several restorations over the years. Originally built to go offshore and primarily fish, this model can handle the whole family for a picnic in its huge cockpit. Power is provided by a single Caterpillar diesel (original) that has been maintained and serviced regularly. Freshly painted and varnished, the boat has new mahogany cover boards and toe rails. Stately in appearance and rugged in design, this sportsman/picnic boat is ready for its new owner. Fish it or cruise it, you will be proud to own it.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.