A beautiful and well cared for Fisher 37. Full keel stability built in Chichester, England to Lloyds Specifications coupled with a powerful Beta Marine 90 hp diesel provides a safe double ended cruising vessel with the range to go far offshore. The current owner purchased the vessel with the intention of sailing her around the world. To ensure comfort and safety many systems were completely redone and a new Beta Marine 90 hp engine and NexGen generator were added. The owner spent a great deal of time studying and searching for the best onboard equipment to ensure a safe voyage. The owners spent one year onboard and sailed extensively throughout the Caribbean only to be forced to return to NC. Their unfortunate change of plans dictates the sale and the vessel is outfitted to continue her sailing voyages around the world. All the work has been done. Just step onboard with your personal gear and cast off to the unknown.
- A beautiful and well cared for Fisher 37. Full keel stability built in Chichester, England to Lloyds Specifications coupled with a powerful Beta Marine 90 hp diesel provides a safe double ended cruising vessel with the range to go far offshore. The current owner purchased the vessel with the intention of sailing her around the world. To ensure comfort and safety many systems were completely redone and a new Beta Marine 90 hp engine and NexGen generator were added. The owner spent a great deal of time studying and searching for the best onboard equipment to ensure a safe voyage. The owners spent one year onboard and sailed extensively throughout the Caribbean only to be forced to return to NC. Their unfortunate change of plans dictates the sale and the vessel is outfitted to continue her sailing voyages around the world. All the work has been done. Just step onboard with your personal gear and cast off to the unknown.
- VICARIOUS is one of those vessels you notice while you walk down the dock! She has classic motorsailer lines. Each step you get closer you see the gleaming new paint and visualize the obvious world-wide capability of VICARIOUS! Her equipment is well laid out and shows thought and care when placing new equipment around the vessel. Entering from either the port or starboard boarding gates into the cockpit area which is covered with a Sunbrella bimini, the cockpit offers a semi-circular seating arrangement with teak grated floor and access to the pilot house or onto either wide side deck. As you walk around the side deck to port towards the bow you will see the Sunbrella covered bimini that protects the pilot house from continuous sun. All the way forward in the massive bow pulpit, windlass, and a custom wash down system. Walking down the starboard side deck is storage for the whisker poles and two storage bags of extra sails. The pilot house exterior windows are covered with a tan mesh fabric and the windows are all tinted as well. Back in the cockpit you enter the pilot house through the sliding teak door. Immediately to port is a storage cabinet with 5 large drawers and top storage shelves. Under the cabinet is a single berth for sleeping. To starboard is the “L” shaped settee and dinette. Further forward is the helm area with ample access to all electronics and the AC/DC electrical panels. The sole is teak and holly and has two large panels for complete access into the engine, transmission, and genset room. Down three steps you enter the lower salon. To port is the beautiful “U” shaped galley with granite countertops, propane stove and oven, and ample storage that will please any chef! To starboard is access into the head compartment with granite vanity top, mirror cabinet, ample storage and a grated teak floor. Aft of the compartment is access into an electrical room with the hot water heater. Exiting the head and moving forward, to port are the refrigerator and freezer with added Rhino Liner top, giving durability, and a safe place to place items while preparing a meal. The port side settee will now seat two and offers under seat storage and storage cabinets along the outside bulkhead. Also along the port side is a custom built storage armoire with beautiful louvered doors and two large drawers. Opening the armoire reveals several shelves. To starboard is the vented washer/dryer combination and the portable ice maker. The starboard settee is forward of the washer/dryer and also offers under seat storage and storage along the starboard outside bulkhead. All the way forward is the V-berth with filler to make a king berth. The mattress is a custom made Tempur-Pedic mattress and the berth offers under storage as well. In the V berth there is a ladder leading to the overhead hatch, port side small stainless steel vanity sink and storage locker while the starboard side offers a hanging locker. The salon and V berth windows have curtains made of old sail cloth and the V-berth entry curtain is the same matching material. The port holes in the V berth are round and there are beautiful matching wood covers for each port. The interior flooring is teak and holly but they are covered with custom edged carpets. VICARIOUS is a beautiful Motorsailer and her pride of ownership shows everywhere! The owner has found several areas to make additional storage and the vessel offers an unbelievable amount of onboard storage making long term voyages easy.
- “U” shaped and located along the port side in the main salon, the galley has been completed updated and is organized for maximum ease of food preparation. The galley will please even the most discriminating onboard chef. Granite counter tops (also in the head) Large stainless steel under counter mounted sink Sink with faucet, dish soap dispenser, fresh and raw water foot pumps Force 10 (2) burner propane stove and oven, gimbaled Engel 80 quart super efficient fridge with Rhino Liner top for durability Engel 45 quart super efficient freezer with Rhino Liner top for durability Sharp Carousel microwave oven Ample cabinets, drawers, and plate/cup storage Large pantry and utility closet on starboard side Extra counter top piece for use over the stove top
- Tinted pilot house windows for reduced glare Tan mesh window coverings for pilot house windows Pilot house entry sliding teak door with bug screens Stainless steel anchor pulpit and anchor roller Lofrans Tigress 1200 electric 2-way windlass with foot and helm controls Spade anchor, 66 pounds with heavy duty stainless steel swivel, 300 ft of 3/8” chain rode (1) Additional set of 200’ of rope rode 30 feet of new, extra 3/8” chain rode All chain is 3/8" high tensile chain for added safety and security Anchor raw water system at bow Stainless steel stanchions Double life lines Port and starboard boarding gates Teak hull sides for additional beauty All new premium bronze thru hulls Stainless steel outboard motor lifting system using a winch Heavy duty custom outboard motor mount on stern rail Full Sunbrella tan sunshades for use to keep the boat cooler Sunbrella tan cockpit and deck biminis Sunbrella tan pilothouse hatch cover for sailing window Sunbrella bark forward hatch cover and wind scoop (2) Sunbrella tan adjustable deck seats Propane locker in cockpit with (3) 10 lbs tanks and solenoid Water hoses and dock water filter (with extras) All interior window shades are made from old sails (2) stainless steel fishing pole holders mounted in cockpit Extra long stainless steel swim ladder with mounts on port and starboard sides (2) Diesel fuel jerry cans (1) floating boat hook (6) fenders, dock lines & (4) storage racks outside cockpit
- Electronics & Helm
- Raymarine C-140 wide screen color chartplotter/radar/sounder using Navionics chips Raymarine 4-Kw, 48 mile Premium HD radar dome mounted on mizzen mast Raymarine Sirius XM satellite receiver for music, talk radio, and weather forecast Raymarine ST-6002 autopilot Standard Horizon Quest-X GX-1500S VHF radio with distress Horizon speed and distance log display Horizon depth display Raymarine ST-40 wind indicator Ritchie Compass Satellite phone antenna on pilothouse roof SSB HF radio receiver-for listening only Set of binoculars
- Sails And Rigging - Ketch Rigged
- Main and mizzen are full battened (2) different sized staysails, one is self-tacking Genoa is “high cut” for excellent visibility (2) whisker poles mounted along starboard bow for storage Stainless steel rigging Harken roller furling (2) Lewmar #48 winch in cockpit that can be conveted to electric (2) Gibb winches on main mast Manual boom vang All lines lead aft Ramstan blocks on port and starboard side Traveler mounted on aft pilot house top Doyle “Stack Pack” storage for main and mizzen sails Recent replaced sails with Tan Barks coloring Sails replaced with same original Tan Bark colored sails
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power 30 Amp shore power cord with numerous adapters and splitters NexGen 3.5 Kw diesel generator in sound shield with 315 hours NexGen remote generator control in pilot house Freedom 2000 Inverter/Charger, 2000 watt inverter/100 Amp battery charger Link 2000 dual battery monitor Kiss high output silent wind generator with anti-vibration mount and on/off switch (3) West Marine, 4-D, AGM engine house batteries (600 amp/hr) Lifeline, Group 31, AGM starter battery for genset and engine West Marine, Group 31, AGM battery for windlass IsoTemp 4.5 gallon hot water heater which can run off engine, genset, inverter or shore power All AC outlets are GFCI protected Additional DC outlets throughout the vessel Katadyn 160E DC water maker producing 7 gallons an hour Katadyn water maker spare filters, chemicals and tools Bilge pumps, Whale 220 as primary, Rulemate 500 backup and (2) Rulemate 1500 emergency All bilge pumps are stepped higher than the one before 12 volt high water alarm in bilge Splendide 2100 XCP VENTED washer/dryer which runs off Sine Wave inverter NewAir portable ice maker uses potable water (6) Hella fans for added ventilation (5) premium LED lights and Xenon lights with dimmer switches for interior and pilot house lighting LED 12 volt anchor and running lights Heater, 30,000 BTU hydronic with heat provided by the engine Weems and Plath barometer, hydrometer and thermometer mounted in pilot house
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Beta Marine non-turbo diesel engine, 90 hp, with 1500 hours, new in 2009 Beta Marine major warranty coverage until December 2012 Velvet drive transmission rebuilt in 2009 Full engine instrumentation at helm, RPM/temp/oil pressure and volts Morse single lever engine and transmission control Stainless steel shaft MaxProp with 3 blades, 22 inch Custon diesel fuel polishing system mounted in engine room for engine and transmission. Engine and genset oil and transmission fluid easy change pumps Updated engine muffler with vented loops Added engine temperature alarm Added exhaust temperature alarm for early warning of impeller failure Balmar Smart Regulator 120 Amp alternator for added charging Balmar Smart Regulator 120 Amp alternator spare Spare filters and zincs Engine room blower Access to the engine room also behind salon steps and through pilot house sole.
- Hull and boot strip painted in August 2011 with two part Perfection paint Bottom painted with 2 coats of Trinidad SR paint Water capacity increased to 170 gallons in 5 internal tanks with easy valves Jabsco 12 volt 4.5 gph fresh water pump Stainless steel fresh water accumulator tank Jabsco raw water pump Purest One/Seagul IV water filter for drinking water plus filter spares Airhead composting toilet system using Peat Moss Full custom carpeting with sewn edges Lewmar extra large overhead hatch with Ocean Air screen and shade
- Broker's Comments
- Purchased by the current owner and outfitted for worldwide cruising in safety and comfort. The engine and genset set are new with many ship wide updates. VICARIOUS is capable of leaving the dock tomorrow with your personal gear and she can cruise the world! Owner’s change of plans dictates the sale. No disappointment! YOU GOT TO SEE THIS ONE TO BELIEVE!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information or to arrange a viewing appointment, please contact: JOHN PETERSON, CENTRAL LISTING AGENT AT (800) 797-5759 Hi, I am John Peterson, the listing broker for this yacht. Although my office is located in New Bern, NC, I have yacht listings (both power and sail) all over the world. I take pride in listing quality yachts. I personally inspect all the yachts I list and take the photos and gather my own information to enable me to represent my yachts as accurately as possible. Feel free to call me at any time to discuss this listing or the potential of listing your boat. I look forward to hearing from you. For quickest email response please use the following address: john Peterson: firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to be updated on price reductions on this boat or new listings that are similar to this boat, please click here. Your email address is secure and will never be shared. We utilize the easy, safe one-click unsubscribe if you decide to discontinue our emails. GET EMAIL UPDATES