CROWN GOOSE offers a very rare opportunity to purchase a restored and “turn-key” pre-war antique at a reasonable price.
- Total Power: 125
- As CROWN GOOSE, this 53’ Elco received a thorough and proper restoration completing in 2002. The restoration involved significant research at Mystic Seaport Museum plus the purchase and salvage of a Sistership. The current owner purchases her in 2006 re-naming her CROWN GOOSE and further expanding the restoration. Purchase of CROWN GOOSE secures a historical antique in turnkey condition, a very rare opportunity. CROWN GOOSE has been the recipient of many awards including, Best Professional Restoration – June 2003 and Best Antique Cruiser and Competitors Choice Awards – June 2005 National Association of Classic Boats.
- VESSEL WALKTHROUGH
- CROWN GOOSE”S tasteful and elegant Art Deco décor is faithful to her 1937 pedigree all interior hardware fittings are original bronze and re-chromed. Her layout is as follows. A large forecastle comprises the crew living quarters with two bunks to starboard and a washbasin / counter, drawers and hanging locker to port. The spacious full beam galley down features a new Princess stove, full size refrigerator, microwave, stainless steel deep sink and access to the engine room. The large main salon has lots of natural lighting from its many windows that provide a panoramic view at chair level. Furniture includes twin-upholstered armchairs, sofa with mahogany trim and original mahogany drop leaf dining table. To access the side deck there are 2 doors, one starboard and one on the port side. Aft from the main salon the centerline companionway leads to 2 port and starboard junior suites with full bunks. Further aft and to port is the guest head and to starboard is the owner’s head with shower/tub counter top, original porcelain sink, original re-chromed hardware a second door opening to the owners suite. The master cabin has twin berths port and starboard, mahogany chest of drawers, 3 section mirror and hanging closets. An off center sliding hatch leads to the aft cockpit that features twin wicker lounge chairs with new cushions a new Sunbrella awning. On deck there is a forward cockpit seat. The open flybridge is just forward of the boat deck and battleship –style mast. The fly-tarp is Sunbrella and has chrome plated bronze tubing. All lifelines are new plastic coated bronze wire with Mahogany cap rail and the decks are ¾” teak.
- RESTORATION DETAILS 2000 – 2004
- New ¾” teak decks (2000), new mahogany transom, white cedar planking on oak frames where needed, mahogany cap rail Every bit of galvanized material removed and replaced with all new silicone bronze fasteners 8KW Perkins generator with 360 hours SMOH All deck hardware, art deco interior lighting, running lights are original bronze freshly chromed plated Rebuilt and installed 50 amp, 3 bank charger Rebuilt Detroit 453 diesel engines – 125 hp aside 440 hours SMOH Rebuilt and installed Borg Warner Velvet Drive 2.5 to 1 transmission Morris throttle cables Hynautic steering system All new electrical wiring installed and specified to ABYC standards Rebuilt rudder framing Electrical panels (3) 30 Amp services New full sized Norcold- Wilcox electric head owners cabin Critten-Wilcox manual head New holding tank with 40-gallon storage with all related piping and valve to deck pump out and over board New 240 gallon CG approved fuel tank epoxy coated with filters, piping and valves
- ENGINE / MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- Twin Detroit 453’s 125 hp with 440 hours SMOH in 2003 Borg Warner’s Velvet Drive Transmissions Reconditioned running gear, shaft logs, rudders and 2 new Michigan bronze props Racor filters (2008) Perkins 8 kW generator with 360 hours SMOH in 1995 - Installed 2005 with custom SS beds 12 Gallons water heater (2002) New heads (2001) All new electrical and plumbing done to ABYC standards (2002)
- 12 Volt DC systems 110 AC (3) 30-amp panels Batteries (4) D’s (2007), 1 x Type 27 for Genset 75 AH engine alternators Professional Mariner 3 bank battery charger GFI type outlets
- DECK EQUIPMENT
- 30 LBS Yachtsman anchor with 300’ nylon rode 25LBS Danforth anchor Electric anchor winch and davit (original) (8) Type 1 Life jackets Throw ring with 75’ floating line 9’ Wood dinghy 1935 Cover for house, rails, deck boxes and helm Custom fabrics for helm seat Custom lounge seating on bridge deck
- BROKER'S REMARKS
- CROWN GOOSE offers a very rare opportunity to purchase a restored and “turn-key” pre-war antique at a reasonable price.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.