- 165 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 8V 331
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Ideal for the yachtsmen that likes to have a unique vessel with history, "Polaris" is a motorsailer that is licensed to carry 60 day passengers and 10 overnight guests, refited and rebuilt in 2007, capable of transatlantic passage with a range of more than 5,000 nautical miles at 12 knots cruising speed.
Originally a Swedish patrol boat built in 1956 - Polaris T103 - was launched at Lursenn Werft Shipyard in Germany. She was one of over 40 Motor Torpedo Boats built for the Swedish Navy in the "Pleijad Class" Patrol Boat series and she was initially destined to spend her life in the freezing cold Artic waters of the shores of Sweden and Norway as part of the coastal command fleet.
In 1986 she was purchased by a gentleman in Sweden and spent the next 10 years cruising all around the Scandanavian Islands. In 1997 Polaris left Swedish waters and cruised around the Mediterranean until she was bought by Wavemaster Shipyard in Lankawi. Click on full specs for more on this super yacht fascinating history.
Ideal para entendidos y marinos que buscan y aprecian un barco con mucha historia que ha tenido una transformacion total de su construccion y uso original en 1956 El "Polaris" es un super yate que acomoda hasta 60 pasajeros de dia y 10 de noche. Este barco fue convertido en 2007 a un motovelero de lujo, es usado en charter en el sud este de Asia y ahora ofrecido a la venta. Puede cruzar el oceano con su autonomia de mas de 5 mil millas nauticas a velocidad crucero de 12 nudos. Originalmente una torpedera construida en Alemania especialmente para la marina de Suecia en la decada del 50/60 su facinante historial lo ha llevado a otra parte del mundo y ahora restaurado como un super yate de lujo.
LARGEST SUPER YACHT AVAILABLE IN ASIA FOR CHARTER IS NOW FOR SALE--CLICK ON VIDEO BROCHURES--AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION OR CHARTER WITH OPTION TO BUY--CHARTER FOR THE FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX OF SINGAPORE WEEKEND SEP 25-27
- Displacement: 179 MT
- Total Power: 750 Cruising Speed: 12 k Max Speed: 14 k
- Yacht Description
- Yacht Polaris Luxury Charter Yacht is available to cruise Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Myanmar, Maldives, Seychelles or anywhere your yachting dreams may take you. Now offered for sale. Polaris is the ideal and perfect charter vessel for long range live aboard cruises. Her beautifully appointed cabins offer a quiet and peaceful surrounding to relax in after a long day in the warm sun on the beach or enjoying the water sports, diving & game fishing facilities onboard. The main lounge/salon is perfect for relaxing in front of the TV and watching DVD on the wide screen plasma TV This superb yacht has a large open dining & barbeque area aft of the bridge and an entertainment area for up to 60 guests just forward of the bridge itself. The salon can also be configured for large group briefings and boardroom meetings or study groups on expeditions. Outdoors on deck Polaris has large open deck area forward with another 4 huge sofas to seat 12 guests with natural teak wood coffee tables for morning coffee, outdoor functions & sunset cocktails. The main Guest area accommodated 10 guests in luxury teak wood 5 star cabins with en-suite bathrooms to the main and VIP suite. Cabins are luxurious with teak wood paneling and solid teak furniture. The decor is a mix of soft, elegant fabrics in peaceful hues and traditional artwork. Alfresco dining area can seat comfortably 12 guests – perfect for breakfast - In the forward section of the yacht there is further accommodation for 22 people. Pictures taken in 2007.
- History of 'Polaris'
- In 1956 - Polaris T103 - was launched at Lursenn Werft Shipyard in Germany. She was one of over 40 Motor Torpedo Boats built for the Swedish Navy in the "Pleijad Class" Patrol Boat series and she was initially destined to spend her life in the freezing cold Artic waters of the shores of Sweden and Norway as part of the coastal command fleet. In Photo 23 Polaris T103 can be seen speeding through the waves at over 42 knots, Powered by 3 x 4000 Hp Mercedes Diesels there were no gear boxes at all and the drive train was a "direct drive" coupling from each Main Engine direct to the 3 x huge Propellor Shafts. Speed was not an issue but stopping was because In "dead slow" ahead and only with ONE engine engaged she would thrust forwards at 16 kts. In 1976 Polaris T-103 was one of the last Pliejad Class to be de-commissioned from the Military. It was told that she was then converted into a "White Boat" and used by an government organization for "Whale Watching" which was a more politically acceptable way in those days to discreetly be active in various spying reconaissance and intelligence gathering missions which still today remain highly classified and top secret. In 1986 she was purchased by a gentleman in Sweden and spent the next 10 years cruising all around the Scandanavian Islands. In 1997 Polaris left Swedish waters and cruised around the Mediterranean until she was bought by Wavemaster Shipyard in Lankawi. This is where she was found lying in a corner of the shipyard, unwanted totally neglected with most of the major part of the ship having been stolen or "borrowed". After an extensive refit and major overhaul of all the main and auxiliary machinery, pumps, tanks and systems to operate the ship, she then re-enter service as the largest Superyacht in Asia available for Charter. In Jan 2009 Polaris was the very first Luxury Superyacht to be granted an SP "Special Passenger Permit" by the Maritime Port Authority of Singapore to carry 60 x Passengers and 12 x Crew. The yacht now operates out of Singapore Port as home base and travels around the SE Asia region with corporate guests and private corporate functions.
- Builder: Lurssen Germany Type of Vessel: Motor Sailing Vessel Length Overall (LOA): 50.42 mtr Beam Width: 6.20 mtr Draft: 2.75 mtr Guests Accom: 10 x Guests in Luxury Double & Single Cabins - First Class 16 x Explorers or Scuba Divers in Business Class Cabins 16 x Crew and staff Cabins Optional Accom: 30 x pax in Bunks (Medivac / Emergency Evac Configuration Water Maker: 3000 Ltrs per Day Main Engine: MTU 8V 331 - 720 KW Main Genset: Cummins 94 KVA Auxiliary Genset: Onan 30 KVA Emergency Genset: Onan 5.5 Kva Bridge Equipment: GPS / Radar / Navigation Plotter / VHF / Sat-com / Echo Sounder /Auto Pilot Safety Equipment: 2 x 25 Survivors Viking Liferafts 100 x lifejackets SOLAS approved 2 x EPIRB and 1 x SART Toys & Water Sports: 2 x Kawasaki Jet-skis / 3 man Ocean Kayak / Water Ski Tender / Windsurfers / Scuba Diving equipment / Snorkel Equipment and 2 x underwater scooters Dingies & RIB’s: FRC – RiB with 15hp Yamaha outboard Guests Tender 15 Pax with 40hp Yamaha Ski-Boat with 15hp Yamaha MTU main engine burns only 49 liters per hour!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Past charter performance is no guarantee of future results. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.