- 55 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"SUNYATA" is a centerboard center cockpit model and has been owned by Ted Hood in the 70's and was purchased by her current owner in 1990 when he did a major refit for a total cost of $50K and a 2002 refit where she was painted and bought new sails.
- New work done on deck and interior during late 2011. New bottom paint Oct 2011.
- Saloon headroom 7'3" (2m 20cm) 6' 4" (1m 92cm) throughout the vessel.
- Variable Draft 5 feet or 11 feet centerboard.
- New used Generator in 2010.
- Perkins engine burns 1 gph at 6 knots that gives her a range under power of 1500 nautical miles
- 4 cabins that sleep 11 people including the crew forward cabin.
- 3" 1/2 thick solid bottom hull (8 cm)
- New mast and rigging Jan 2012
- Her 24 hours sail distance record is 225 nautical miles with winds blowing at 35 knots.
The owner lives aboard for the past 20 years and he also offers 2 nights/3 days sailing in the Bay Islands and weekly charters in Belize with him as Captain and host, ideal to familiarize yourself with the yacht, how it sails and how comfortable it is. He has sailed her in the waters of the Gulf of Honduras, Guatemala and Belize. She flies a United States of America flag.
Owner would consider as a trade a 38' Pearson Invicta (designed by Bill Tripp) or a Tradewind 35'.
LOCATED IN HONDURAS, CENTRAL AMERICA
El yate SUNYATA es ofrecido en el mercado mundial de yachting por su propietario quien lo compro en Miami, Florida en 1990 y lo restauro a nuevo entonces a un costo de 50 mil dolares. Le ha hecho otros arreglos como pintar el casco y unas velas nuevas en el 2002. En el 2008 y 2011 otras mejoras en la cubierta y el interior han mejorado mucho su aspecto. Un buen yate para vivir a bordo navegando por el mundo.
- Tiene 4 camarotes que pueden dormir 11 personas.
- Motor Perkins con una autonomia de 1500 millas nauticas a 6 nudos consumiendo 3.8 litros de diesel por hora.
- Su record de navegacion a vela en 24 horas es 225 millas nauticas con vientos de fuerza 7-8 de Beaufort.
- Un mastil nuevo y jarcia nueva en Enero 2012
- Nueva pintura antifouling en Oct 2011.
- Calado variable de 5 pies (1m 52cm) y 11 pies (3m 35cm) centerboard.
- Casco solido y grueso de 8 cm en el fondo.
- Gran rebaja en el precio Nov 2011.
El reconocido arquitecto naval Ted Hood fue el propietario original del barco y en la decada del 70 era un velero famoso en el circuito de regatas.Ofrecido en charter para navegar con el capitan por 3 dias o una semana en Belize, ideal para conocer bien el yate antes de comprarlo. Bandera de Estados Unidos.
CHARTER WITH THE OWNER/CAPTAIN ROATAN, BAHIA COCHINOS BAY ISLANDS, HONDURAS OR BELIZE
- Max Draft: 5'>11' Displacement: 33 MT
- Total Power: 85 Cruising Speed: 6 K
- Sleeps 6/8 owners and guests in three cabins plus one crew forward cabin that sleeps 3. Starting aft with the owners stateroom it has two berths one port one starboard. The berth to starboard pulls out to make a double. There is a seat along side the port berth, there are two built in bureaus port and starboard. It also has a hanging locker aft over the seat. There are many storage lockers over and forward of each berth. There is a private companionway leading to the aft deck which also has a spray dodger over it for observation and exit. Next forward and to Port is the owners Head and shower with storage cabinets and teak shower grate and a instant electric hot water heater. It has a push button electric toilet and sink. Next on the starboard side adjoing the Aft Cabin is one of the Guest cabins with upper and lower berths the upper slides out to make a larger upper. There is a hanging closet and lots of drawers and storage lockers above and below. Next forward of the guest cabin to port is the Nav Station which has all components built in flush face and easy to read. All navigation equipment needs to be up dated and replaced by new owner, however, everything works. Next is the Main Salon which is full-width and features and L shaped settee to port with a table which folds from a cocktail table to a dinning table for 8. On centerline to the salon is a bench seat with storage under, opposite to starboard is another settee with a large chest freezer under and hanging locker and a area for entertainment, Stereo, CD, TV, DVD. Forward of the Salon is the other guest cabin withg two singles uppper and lower with a hanging closet and lockers and drawers for each bunk. Across the starboard side of the guest cabin is the other head and shower with cabinets and lockers. Forward of this guest cabin is the Crew cabin with a v-Berth double and a single to starboard. There is a private stairway to the deck via a large hatch. There is also a sink and lots of cabinets and storage area for supplies.
- The main sail is electric roller furling by Hood and the sail is by UK , it is a tape drive and very nice. The Jib is a manual hood rollerfurller and the jib is a UK Tape drive also and the sails are 6 years old. All leads back to the cockpit so you do not have to go on deck to take in sail everything can be done from the cockpit so the vessel can if need be operated single handed. There are double life lines and a stern pulpit and bow pulpit with a seat on each.
- OWNER'S COMMENTS
- All navigation equipment needs to be renewed, the autopilot works great but needs a remote hand held unit so you have to go below to do the adjustments. Needs wind and speed instruments, has radar FURUNO but needs to be renewed as it is an old model. Needs depth and plotter etc. Has hand held GPS. The holding tank area where the rubber bladder is big enough to fit a holding tank. The builder is one of the highest pedigree builders in Holland and Ted Hood built his first little Harbor yachts there but the cost of the build was too expensive so he moved to Taiwan. This is one of the first Little Harbor prototypes. Ted build 5 or 6 fifty two's and one 55 which is the one I have and then built a 58 and a 60 there. The hull is 3 and a half Inch thick at the bottom and 2 and a half at the top sides the topsides are sandwich core the waterline down is solid glass . The deck is Bronzeel Plywood which is a Dutch marine ply which is covered with a Teak Deck. I have epoxied over the teak deck and put a tan nonskid surface on it which makes it much cooler in the tropics. Battery is 2x 8D, 225amhr new, one year old AGM. No water maker, Have 450 gal. in tanks. No separate showers in the heads. Headroom is 7ft 3 in the salon and 6ft 4 through out the vessel . This vessel is of the highest quality and one of the safest vessels on the market for the bottom is so thick that there is virtually no chance of holing the vessel if aground, the tanks are integral to the hull so it is another safe feature. The core material is polypropylne. The decks are ply on top of a flange which is about a foot wide and glassed to the hull, the deck beams are teak and they are bolted thru on the flange and screwed to the deck. The decking is teak and was in good condition when epoxed over, only it was thin in places from sanding and scrubing. The hull had some very minor osmosis that was from the fairing compound used when it was build and I removed all the fairing compound and epoxied and fair it with epoxy and filler. The bottom Is very good and no osmosis. Last bottom painted in Oct 2011. This vessel is a professional build and a pedigree and has a very good race record when she was used in the 70's. Work done in late 2008 : Replaced the cockpit seat on the starboard side. Replace the cabin top over the aft cabin. Renewed all the under lament under the stantion bases with epoxy and new ply encapsulated in epoxy. New nonskid and paint on the decks and revarnish all the outside varnish work (cabin sides, deck box toe rail). Revanished the teak and holly soles interior Took out and rebedded all the port lights and varnish the interior sides of the cabin. Painted the ceilings in the aft cabin and the mid cabin.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS
- SUNYATA is a flush deck center cockpit sloop centerboard model . She is a great secure platform at sea. The Large center cockpit has seating for 10 people. It has 2 Barient cross link SS 35s as primary winches and 2 Titanium Barient 35s for the spinnaker winches and Jib. There are 4 Barient 22s for various duties. 2 open face winches for main halyard and Centerboard cable. The steering has a large destoryer type wheel and has hydraulic stearing and a Hydrualic auto pilot that is interfased with it. At the bow, the anchor windlass is and Ideal electric that takes rope or chain. There are 3 anchors : 1 55x Fortress Anchor, 1 45lb. Bruce and 1 30lb danforth. There is 250ft of anchor rode and 60 ft. of chain. All electrical panels are Newmar both DC and AC panels, there is a TRACE 2100w inverter to run the Ac aplications. SUNYATA has had a live aboard owner/captain for the past 18 years and several major refits and continual maintenance. She represents good value for the investment and is ready to cross any ocean. SUNYATA has been in a very successful charter business (6 weeks per year) for 25 years and if the new owners wish he will turn it over to them. Owner would deliver the yacht worldwide at an additional cost. Draft is 5 feet or 11 feet centerboard. No holding tank but she has a rubber holding tank with a y valve 23 gal. All interior wood and exterior is teak. The floor is teak and holy. The hull is 3 1/2 inches thick on the bottom and 2 1/2 inches thick on the topsides a very strong hull. Hull paint 2002 is Awlgrip snow white($8000). The bottom paint was done in December 2007 with 3 coats. Westerbeke 8 kw generator 1500 hrs SMOH rebuilt windings 3 times, spare windings onboard. New genset in 1990 Dingy is a AB hard bottom 9.10 foot with a 15 hp mercury sea pro. Perkins engine new in 1985. All pictures are from 2012. On the hard pics are from Dec 2007
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Offered AS IS WHERE IS. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- English-Castellano-Polski skype: marekyachts New 2012 detailed pictures available upon request