Here for your consideration is the Flagship of the Dufour range of performance cruising yachts, the award-winning Dufour 525. Voted Best Full Size Cruiser for 2009 by Cruising World magazine, the Dufour 525 manages to blend incredible room down below and still retain a sleek profile and totally uncluttered deck for safe offshore voyaging.
Her sailing performance is outstanding in light, medium or heavy air. She simply works in all conditions thanks to the Italian hull design by Umberto Felci and the deck and interior expertise of Patrick Roseo.
Spacious, beautiful, fast. A drop down transom provides access to Dinghy storage and provides a great swim platform.
The Dufour 525 Grand'large is modern, featuring straightforward lines and strong design characteristics, yet has traditional elements which make the profile timeless and enduring. As on all Doufour Yachts, sailing performance is never compromised by this boat's many redeeming features.
Very original and unique aft deck adds huge versatility to the cockpit area.
Transom lines provide massive volume inside.
Uncluttered fore-deck, and wide side-decks make for easy and sure-footed movement around the boat in all conditions.
Very elegant and dynamic coach-roof, discrete and exceptionally flat, enhances the design and adds to the freedom of movement about the boat.
Sail plan and deck fittings adapted to reduced-crew sailing, without compromising performance.
Twin steering wheel system.
Retractable Bowsprit for easy down-wind sailing.
Optional Retractable Bow-thruster for ease of maneuvering, without compromising sailing performance.
A bright and warm interior thanks to numerous port-lights and rich woodwork.
Absolute comfort with dedicated spaces for washing machine, dishwasher, freezer, water maker, etc.
- Ballast: 10,692 lbs Displacement: 35,715 lbs
- Total Power: 110
- Accommodations & Interior
- She features the desirable 3-stateroom layout with separate crew cabin forward. All staterooms have ensuite heads for complete privacy and long-term living and distance cruising. Floors are made of Moabi. Interior woodwork is in first-grade moabi and Wenge. Beadings, trims and cubby-hole door surrounds are in solid wood. Ventilation louvers are fitted at the top of cupboards.
- Main Salon
- Headroom: 1.96 m. Saloon with U-shaped banquette seat to starboard and central banquette seat allowing 2 extra guests to sit at the table. Stowage unit to port of companionway and large oilskin locker. Fitted unit to starboard against forward bulkhead. Fixed saloon table with bar built in to centre of table. Cubby-holes and closed stowage units running along the side of the hull, with central bookshelf, behind the banquette backs.
- In line galley with front loading refrigerator, top loading freezer and a 3rd insulated top loading compartment that can be used as ice-box or another fridge or freezer. Dual sinks and vast storage space, including a space for dishwasher or trash compactor. Headroom: 1.96 m. Corian worktop with wooden fiddle. Double sink with synthetic resin cover doubling as a chopping-board. Under-sink storage and cutlery drawer. Gimbal-mounted stainless Bretagne Evolution 3-ring gas cooker with grill/oven. 12 V-operated cool-box. Sliding storage bins. Stowage cubby holes along side of hull. Bottle stowage.
- Deck Features
- Deck is set up for single handing with mainsheet winches brought back to helm, electric primary winches are also at hand of the helmsman. The cabintop electric halyard winch make raising halyards a one finger approach.
- Boat is equipped with 110V systems. Also has a forced air diesel heater. Electric retractable bow thruster and electric/hydraulic transom storage locker make the maneuvering and handling a breeze. Supply: Engine starter battery (12 V / 135 Ah). 6 service batteries (12 V / 3 ÿ 135 Ah). 300 W inverter. High-output 120 Ah alternator. Ammeter for consumption. 60 Ah battery charger. Electrical distribution panel with 21 functions on 12 V and 6 functions on 220 V, including: Voltmeter for service battery and engine (220 V and 12 V).
- Additional Features
- Retractable dodger, full battened mainsail with lazy bag, furling and reefable genoa as well as mooring and safety gear is included. Boat comes with a 5-year structural hull warranty.
- Engine & Mechanical
- 110 hp Volvo. Carefully-designed foam soundproofing. Engine compartment ventilation via 100 mm ducts leading to transom (invisible ventilation openings). Fixed three-bladed prop. Engine control lever and engine control panel built into aft sun platform. Fuel filter with water separator, plus sea-water filter, anti-siphon valve.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Special Note: All pictures shown in this listing are of like sisterships. Options and details may vary.