BRIGHT - AIRY - SPACIOUS - WITH EXCELLENT SAILING PERFORMANCE
Original Owner Vessel - Well Maintained - Low Engine Hours - SAIL-A-WAY Condition - FULLY AIR CONDITIONED W/REVERSE CYCLE HEAT
Large Well Protected Cockpit w/Folding Steering Wheel - Easy Access to Swim Platform
Easy Single Handed Sailing Capability - w/ Roller Furling Main - Roller Furling Genoa - All Lines Led Aft to Cockpit - Convenient to Cockpit and Dinette Area in salon
(3) Double Cabins - (2) Complete Heads w/Shower - Plus Convertible Dinette Allow Sleeping Accommodations for Six
Generous Storage for Long Term Cruising or Live-A-Board
Huge Galley w/ Stainless Steel Appliances - Large Separate Refrigerator and Freezer - Numerous Storage Lockers - Double SS Sink
Large Bright Saloon w/ Circular Dinette (converts to double berth) - Facing Full Length Settee - Full Sit Down Nav Station
The Hunter 440 Deck Salon is the culmination of Hunter Marine's R&D into the ideal performance cruising yacht. It includes features often seen in Proven long range cruising yachts where performance, comfort and safety are the focus. She is a beamy vessel with a fine bow entry and a broad stern that equates to increased interior living space and greater load carrying ability.
Easy sail handling, with an emphasis on the ability to single hand the vessel make her an ideal choice for cruising with limited crew. While her excellent performance on all points of sail make her a fast passage-maker, a fun boat to sail, and a worthy competitor on the race course.
Her luxurious interior includes durable Leatherette seating, fine joinery, and attention to details such as upgraded marine hardware, low wattage lighting, and exceptional ventilation.
This is a rare opportunity to own a "LIKE NEW" excellent performance cruiser at a substantial savings off her replacement cost. Call the listing broker today.
- LOA: 44' (13.41 meters) Beam: 14' 6" (4.42m) Max Draft: 6' 6" (1.98m) Max Bridge Clearance: 60' 8" (18.49 m Ballast: 7,237 lbs ( 3,282.65 kilo) Displacement: 22,935 lbs (10,403.59 kilo)
- Total Power: 54
- Fuel: 51 gal (193 ltr) Fresh Water: 140 gal (530 ltr) Holding: 45 gal (170.3 ltr)
- This IS A (3) CABIN - (2) HEAD VESSEL WITH SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS FOR (6) IN THE THREE CABINS PLUS 2 ADDITIONAL GUESTS IN THE SALOON. The master is forward with private head & shower, and there are (2) identical guest cabins aft with an additional head & shower FULLY AIR CONDITIONED - 2 UNITS W/ REVERSE CYCLE HEAT (7) Bomar SS opening ports w/ screens (4) over-sized fixed ports (2) forward fixed ports Oceanair Shade package w/screens Shade package on all fixed ports Dinette convertible to double berth Headroom 6' 6" throughout Electric toilets
- Master has a queen sized berth with storage under the berth. There is a settee in the master cabin - large hanging locker - additional, outboard lockers, storage shelving and a private head w/shower. The cabin allows full standing headroom with plenty of free floor space, making this a very comfortable cabin for extended cruising. Private Forward head w/shower & vanity Hanging lockers Storage lockers Good ventilation & light
- (2) GUEST CABINS
- There are (2) identical guest cabins aft with double berths. Each cabin has full standing headroom upon entry, Hanging locker and additional storage lockers and shelving. Each cabin is well ventilated with opening ports and overhead hatches.
- WALK THROUGH
- The companionway leads from the spacious cockpit to the open and airy Salon. The Deck Salon concept opens the entire Salon space up with surrounding windows and a high ceiling - The feel is that of a much larger yacht. The L-Shaped Galley is forward and to Port side of the companionway offering excellent access from the Galley to serving in the cockpit. There is one Guest Cabin entrance aft of the Galley on Port side. To the Strbd side of the companionway, there is an entrance to the second Guest Cabin. There is also entrance to the Aft Head immediately to Strbd side at the bottom of the companionway. This position for the Aft Head makes it very convenient as a day head while underway. Forward of the Galley, in the main part of the Salon, is the U-Shaped Dinette that easily seats (6) for dinner, or becomes a comfortable conversation area, or useful table area. The Dinette also converts to a double berth for additional accommodations. Forward of the Head, on Strbd side is the forward facing Nav Station, and a full length Settee opposite the Dinette. The entire Salon is bathed in light from the windows surrounding the area forward and to either side. There is a generous amount of ventilation as well from the overhead hatches.. Numerous lockers and shelving provide more than adequate storage in the area. The raised ceiling allows for 6-ft 6-inch standing headroom throughout the area which contributes to the huge open feeling. There are adequate handholds throughout for safety. The Master Stateroom occupies the forward section of the vessel and is en-suite with private head & shower. Tri Cabin Version "Everwear" teak & holly cabin sole Dinette table w/leaf Oceanaire window shades Quiet flush heads Upgraded leatherette seating in Salon H&S decor package Full Nav Station 110v AC outlets
- The galley is exceptional! The counter space has plenty of room to prepare foods, or entertain. There is a large pantry and and plenty of large drawers. It has a place to keep your wet dishes secure while drying. Corion counter tops and a full SS refrigerator and separate SS freezer make the galley easy to clean and make it easy to get to your food. SS Propane stove/oven and SS sink are easy to keep clean and look great. The 44DS has one of the best galley arrangements you will ever see on a sailing yacht of this size. (3) burner stove w/oven Double SS sink Corian counter tops Refrigerator & separate Freezer Kitchen trash bin Hot/cold pressure water system Microwave oven Seaward Princess (3) burner propane SS stove w/oven - LPG control & shutoff solenoid Cool-Mate Under counter SS refrigerator - front load Cool-mate under counter SS freezer - front load ( separate unit)
- ELECTRICAL - ELECTRONICS
- ST-6000+ Auto Pilot ST-6001 Autopilot remote at helm Raymarine E-80 Color chart plotter Raymarine E-80 Radar Repeater E-80 screen at helm Raymarine computer chart plotter link Raytheon ST-60 Knot & Depth Raytheon ST-60 wind direction & speed Icom M422 VHF Radio w/antenna - Icom Command mic Remote at helm Danforth illuminated 5" compass Tank guages - Fuel, water, & waste Xantrex power inverter 110v Dockside power receptacles (2) w/50' shore side cord Sharpe Aquous 15" Flat screen LCD TV w/ Bose sound system Bose 3.2.1 AM/FM/CD/DVD Entertainment system Stereo system in cockpit - JVC Removable CD player/radio Speakers in console arch over helm Courtesy lights in console arch over helm Inverter 110v outlast throughout all cabins (4) Carbon monoxide alarms (1 in each cabin plus salon Smoke detectors Overhead Fluorescent lighting Courtesy floor lighting Cable TV jacks pre-wired
- Low engine hours and regular maintenance by the original owner will provide a strong sense of confidence for the next owners of this yacht. Yanmar diesel engine - 54 HP - 76 hours Full Yanmar instrumentation in cockpit Single lever engine controls Auto & mechanical bilge pumps Seafire Engine fire suppression system Electrical toilets
- DECK AND HULL
- Hunter Marine has continually refined the deck layouts of their vessels, and the 440 DS is the latest from this accomplished design team. The cockpit is large and comfortable, and her wide decks provide easy access forward. There is a good amount of space on the fore deck for handling dock lines, and her ground tackle is easily handled by the over sized windlass. The swim platform molded into the transom provides easy access to and from the water, or dinghy. Double lifelines and sturdy pulpit and pushpit provide a high level of safety. You will especially enjoy the aft stern seats whether at anchor or underway. HULL FULLY BARRIER COATED W/ HUNTER 5 YEAR WARRANTY - CONVEYS TO NEW OWNER Folding steering wheel Folding cockpit table w/drink holders Simpson-Lawrance windlass w/foot control Anchor stem w/roller Double lifelines w/gates Port & Strbd Midship spring line cleats 6' 6" headroom under cockpit arch - 7' under canvas Lewmar Steering pedestal w/40" Folding SS wheel and instrument pod Wheel brake and SS pedestal guard Stern pulpit seats for (4) w/drink holders Hunter removable helm seat w/ passage to transom swim platform SS integrated transom boarding ladder w/grab rails Transom hot/cold shower (4) Large Cockpit & Transom storage lockers Port side Cockpit extra large Mega-locker (6) opening hatches (7) opening ports w/screens Bimini and dodger w/Strata Glass Dodger/Bimini connector SS Grab rails on dodgier sides SS Grab rails on coach roof Magma - Newport Gas grill w/ rail mount
- SAILS AND RIGGING
- Selden B&R Rig, In mast main fulling system, 110% Jib with furling system, Spinnaker halyard, This boat is very easy to single hand and keeps the crew in the cockpit where it is safe and dry. All lines are led aft to the cockpit and the ELECTRIC WINCH makes more difficult line handling a breeze. Selden double spreader mast & spar Harken Mainsheet traveler on Structural Arch - Keeps cockpit clear & less lines forward In-mast Furling Main sail - led to cockpit Genoa on roller furling system - Selden Furlex 300S ( led to cockpit) Lewmar 40 STE Electric Halyard winch (2) Lewmar 48 - ST 2 speed Genoa winches (2) Lewmar ST 2 speed rigging winches Halyard storage wells Spinlock Sheet stoppers (8) - 2ea - 4 gang Triple line organizers Internal Halyards led to cockpit SS shrouds & turnbuckles Windex at mast head Inboard recessed Genoa tracks w/cars Selden Rodkick solid boom vang Dual flag halyards
- OTHER EQUIPMENT
- Anchor with chain & rode Fenders - lines Life jackets Emergency tiller Hunter Cruise Pack USCG Safety package
- BROKER COMMENTS
- Hunter Marine has continually improved their designs, and production techniques to keep up with the latest technology available, and customer wishes. The Hunter 44 DS is a direct result of the latest design from Hunter. She incorporates many of the features found on Proven long range cruising yachts where speed, comfort, and safety are the primary focus. She has a fine bow entry with extended flatter bottom surface aft which equates to less water disturbance and increased hull speed. She also has a beamy midsection that is carried aft for extra living space below and more buoyancy aft for better load carrying ability. This also provides sufficient space for the double aft cabins, and greater storage space throughout the vessel. With her bright airy interior, comfortable interior and exterior layout, and excellent sailing characteristics – This is the ideal vessel for exhilarating sailing, and extended cruising. <