- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6CXM-GTE 465
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
"BETTER THAN NEW" CONDITION!!
Yard-maintained and always kept in a heated shed in winter. The seller has spent more than $20,000 a year on yard maintenance alone. The bilge is spotless. To be honest, there is not a more perfectly kept boat...anywhere.
Motivated seller. (Owner's health has forced a change of plans.)
Noteworthy features include:
- Yard maintained to perfection, "Bristol" condition
- Custom davit position (allows side AND transom loading)
- Upgraded 465hp Yanmar turbos (9 kt cruise / 24-26 kt max)
- SAT KVH
- New varnish annually
- Bow thruster
- Two head layout
- Broker's Remarks
- "Better Than New!" "A Perfect Boat In Perfect Condition!" Extraordinary 42' Europa with two heads, Yanmars with low hours, Bow thruster, and customized electric davit positioned for side AND transom loading! Highlights of Grand Banks' popular 42' Europa (2004) The shaded aft deck accessed through double sliding doors Wide side decks with high bulwarks A true staircase to the enormous flybridge Elegant interior Easily managed by a couple, the flow of space also accommodates a crowd for easy entertaining. Sand Dollar was designed with many custom features to enhance its speed and liveability and will not disappoint the most discriminating yachtsman. The boat has been maintained by one of New England's top boatyards, including indoor storage every winter. She is in true Bristol condition and is unexpectedly available as her owner's health forces a change in plans. Call today to schedule an inspection of the nicest Grand Banks Europa on the market! She will not be on the market for long!
- Elegant high gloss varnish and teak and holly soles throughout enhance the exceptional liveability of this desireable 42' Europa. Sand Dollar features the custom two heads layout which provides owners and guests privacy not found in the standard shared head model. Entering the SALON through double sliding teak doors aft, there is an L settee upholstered in cream Ultrasuede to port with an oval high-low table of teak with maple inlay. Opposite are two swiveling comfortable chairs with a teak entertainment console between. The 20" TV has satellite reception. Forward to starboard are a bar cabinet fitted for bottles and glasses, and a teak helm seat with storage below. There is a convenient side door at the helm. The bright GALLEY opposite the helm has generous L-shaped Corian countermiddles; a Force 10 LPG cookmiddle; A Sharp microwave/convection oven; Norcold refrigerator with freezer compartment, a middleload freezer, and customized teak lockers for glassware, tableware, and storage. Additionally there is a pantry locker adjacent to the galley in the companionway. Note the terrific visibility from the galley due to the locker configurations. A custom louvered teak privacy door and sliding hatch provide superb privacy moving forward from the public salon area to the private sleeping cabins. To port the GUEST CABIN includes twin berths positioned athwartships; a cedar-lined teak hanging locker with louvered door; drawers under the berths; additional bookshelves; and a screened opening portlight. Opposite the guest cabin is the GUEST HEAD with Vacu-flush marine toilet; vanity sink; and access to the large separate shower stall which is shared with the master head. Well ventilated with a screened opening portlight and extractor fan. Further forward is the en-suite MASTER HEAD with another Vacu-flush freshwater toilet; vanity sink; and a large separate shower stall with seat. Ventilation includes both an opening portlight and an extractor fan; the shower features an opening hatch for bright lighting. The MASTER STATEROOM forward was highly customized for maximum liveability; the island berth was moved forward to provide greatly improved room for dressing, and it was also lowered by 4" to provide additional headroom. Teak drawers and cedar-lined hanging locker provide excellent storage. All portlights, opening windows, and overhead hatches have screens and either drapes or shades for privacy. All cabins are fully airconditioned with reverse cycle a/c for climate control with separate controls for the master and guest staterooms.
- Flybridge Raymarine Color RL80CRC 10" GPS/Plotter Raymarine Color RL80 10" Radar (units are interchangeable) Raymarine 631 C Plotter Raymarine 120 WAAS Raymarine ST-6000 Autopilot Raymarine Tri-data for speed and depth ICOM M-602 VHF radio with RAM mike Stereo system with on/off switches for flybridge Lower Helm 2 Raymarine RL80 CRC 10" GPS/Plotter/Radar displays Raymarine 120 WAAS Raymarine ST-6000 Autopilot Second ICOM VHF radio with RAM mike as backup TracVision M3 Satellite TV with Direct TV and radio installed 2007
- All exterior teak professionally vamished with Toast Sunbrella covers Teak decks in excellent condition installed without fasteners to prevent moisture intrusion Toast Sunbrella full enclosure with new plexiglass in 2010 Extended bimini on f1ybridge provides full shooe for L settee Flybridge layout includes two swiveling helm chairs (NO old bench seats) and a large L settee with a vamlshed teak grate table positioned under the extended bimini Electric QUICK LIFT 800 davit for dinghy stows to starboard on bridge Controls upgraded in 2009 Zodiac Dinghy with 8 hp Mercury outboard sits on custom chocks and has Toast Sunbrella custom cover Deck equipment includes Kahlenberg air horns, fresh water washdown at bow; electrical inlets at bow and stem; hot and cold shower aft; teak swim platform; all docklines and fenders A separate, lockable utility room aft of the engine room may be accessed from the aft deck or via the engine room and provides space for installation of additional equipment and stores. Completely isolated from the double lazarette lockers. Lofrans Tigres electric windlass has chain gypsy and rope capstan. Ground tackle includes 250' all chain rode and 45 Ib CQR anchor on roller. The spare roller can be used for the second anchor and 250' 3/4" rode which are included. Windlass can be operated from both helm stations and by foot switches at bow. White mesh covers for all windshields and windows
- Electrical & Mechanical
- Twin 465 hp Yanmars with fewer than 700 hrs Sidepower bowthruster with joystick at each helm Dripless Tides Marine Sureseal shaft seals Razor rope cutters on shafts Nibrall four blade Faster propellers Bennett trim tabs Onan 9 kw generator with soundshield Batteries: All AGM, new in 2007 1 8D 255 amp hour starting battery 2 4D 210 amp hr house batteries 1 8D bow thruster 255 amp hour battery 1 Group 24 80 amp hour 12V generator battery Promatic battery charger Galvanic Isolator in Engine Room Oil Change system for Engines and Generator One 16,000 BTU reverse cycle a/c for salon and galley One 16,000 BTU reverse cycle a/c for sleeping accommodations with separate controls in each cabin Glendinning Cablemaster installed aft for 50 amp shorepower cable and 75' of dockside cord Electrical inlets at bow and stern for 50 amp shorepower cable Automatic Fire Suppression System with Engine Override Quick Lift 800 Electric Davit on Flybridge; controls upgraded 2009
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.