- 72 (M.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- C 3516
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
New Construction Project - 5500nm range - 18 knot maximum speed - RINA Green Star Classification - ABS/MCA/Lloyrds Compliant - Steel Hull/Full Displacement - Sleeps 14 in Owner's Party - 20+2 Crew - Helicopter Capable - Massive Interior Volume
Full specifications & project details available upon request.
This project is fully developed and construction can begin immediately at Palumbo Shipyard in Naples, Italy.
Base price starts at 50m Euro and build time is estimated at 30 months from the time contracts are finalized.
- Sleeps 14 in Owner's party and 20+2 crew in 9 double cabins plus Captain's cabin. Viewing Deck: A unique feature of the Global Explorer is the crow's nest viewing platform that is positioned directly above the sundeck allowing guests to utilize the best possible vantage point to enjoy the views in complete privacy. Sun Deck: Forward is the jacuzzi pool area located centerline. Large sun pads are to either side with large oversized steps allowing guests space to lounge and when looking aft at the large TV behind the bar area. Crew staircase is to port with the dumb waiter. There is a table & settee to starboard and large bar area in the middle right in front of the elevater which services every deck. All the way aft is dining for 14 guests with mirror image staircases to port & starboard. Bridge Deck: The wheelhouse has a port & starboard navigation chairs split on either side of a centerline settee. To port is an additional settee and desk area to starboard. The captain's cabin is to port and the ships office is to starboard. A large pantry is to port allowing crew to access the sundeck & main deck below with a seperate crew staircase. Opposite of this area is the day bathroom connected to a private massage room with sauna. The elevator is in the center. Aft is a large gymnasium complete with juice bar and large sliding doors open to an aft sitting area. Stairs to port & starboard give guests access to the main deck below and forward are a similar set of stairs leading up to the sundeck. Owner's Deck: A massive owner's suite fills the majority of this deck. All the way forward is the master cabin with sliding doors that open to a private exterior sitting area. A walk in wardrobe is to starboard with his & hers bathrooms to port. Aft is the owner's office complete with reception area, desk, and conference room. This area can be isolated from the rest of the yacht for private meetings. Departing the owner's deck heading aft you pass the hidden crew pantry & stairs to port, a day bathroom & game table to starboard, elevator to center before entering the sky lounge. The sky lounge has a large bar to port, and multiple sitting areas with a huge movie screen forward on the bulkhead. Helicopter Deck: The stern area of the upper deck is an open deck space reserved for helicopter operations capable of handling a helicopter with a maximum weight of 3,000kg and overall length of 12 meters. When open, this space serves as an excellent location for entertaining. Main Deck: Forward on this deck are the 6 en-suite guest accomodations including a full beam VIP with king bed, walk-in wardrobe & settee area. There are 4 queen size & a single twin guest stateroom each with WC, bidet, & rain showers. As you depart the guest area you enter the main foyer to starboard with an welcome sitting area & access to the elevator in the center. The hidden crew area is located to port. The main dining area for up to 18 guests is located slightly off center to port, with a library/sitting area to starboard. Aft you enter the bar area/lounge complete with grand piano off to starboard. You then enter the main living room that opens onto an exterior settee area. Beach Club: The transom of the yacht opens folding flush with the ocean creating a large teak bathing platform giving guests perfect access to the water. The inside of the beach club has a sauna, day bathroom, bar area, and shaded lounge great for relaxing after a swim in the ocean. This area is accessed from a starboard staircase leading to the main deck. Garage: Forward of the Beach Club is a tender garage that houses 2 custom tenders & up to 4 wave runners or jetskis that can be launched through either the port or starboard side doors. Engine Room: Accessible from a port staircase from the exterior main deck is the air conditioned control room that overlooks the engine room. Galley & Crew Deck: A professional commercial grade galley is located on the port side of the lower deck with extensive dry storage areas, freezer and refrigerator rooms. To starboard is the crew lounge & dining area. A seperate work station area is located just forward. A long passage continues towards the bow featuring the first officers accomodations to port, then 9 en-suite bunk rooms each sleeping 2 crew members with hanging lockers & draw storage.
- Main Characteristics
- LOA: 72.53m LWL: 64.35m Beam: 13.5m Depth, amidships: 7.3m Draft, at full load: 3.9m Displacement, light: 1534 t Displacement, standard: 1425 t Displacement, full load: 1337 t Gross Tonnage: 2143 GT Builder: Columbus Yachts at Palumbo Shipyard Naval Architect: HydroTec Exterior Designer: HydroTec Interior Designer: HydroTec and Claudio Cicconetti Hull: Steel with Aluminum superstructure & Teak decks Cabins: 7 Guests: 14 Crew Cabins: 11 Crew: 20 + 2 Maximum Speed: 18 knots Cruising Speed (80% of MCR): 15 knots Range at 18 knots: 3500 nm Range at 15 knots: 5000 nm
- Mechanical & Electrical
- 2 x Caterpillar C 3516 2 x 2000kW @ 1800 rpm 2 x ZF 7641 gear ratio abt. 4.5:1 3 x 200kW Caterpillar C9 or equivalent 1 x 90 kW Caterpillar or equivalent Voltage will be 380 V, 50 Hz, 3 phase Propellors: NiAlBro 5 bladed high skewed Bow Thruster: Naiad Marine, 200 kW Zero Speed Stabilizers: 4 (2 sets) Naiad at anchor
- Tank Capacities
- Purpose Net Volume (m3) Capacity (m3) Marine Gas Oil (MGO) 255,1 250,0 Lubricating Oil (LO) clean 2.1 2.06 Lubricating Oil (LO) dirty 2.1 2.06 Fresh Water 40,0 40,80 Grey Water 15,3 15,00 Sewage 7,1 6.96 Bilge 2,6 2.54
- ABS Maltese Cross A1, Yachting Services, UMS MCA (LY2) RINA Green Star
- Hull Material: Steel Grade "A" Superstructure: Steel Grade "A" Aluminum alloy AA5083 H321 plates Aluminum alloy AA5083 H111 extruded stiffeners Aluminum alloy AA6060 pipes Decks: all decks covered with 20 mm of teak
- Owner's Supply
- The following shall be Owner’s Supplies: · Tenders; · Water toys; · Diving equipment and dive compressor ; · Fenders; · Entertainment system ; · Protected covers (excl fixings); · External mattresses and cushions; · Internal mattresses and cushions; · Loose inventory, spares and tools, (other than those required by class and all special tools supplied as standard with engines and other equipment); · Medical kits and surgical equipment; · Musical instruments; · Office equipment ( computers, printers etc.); · Interior and Deck Cleaning equipment; · Pots, pan and cooking utensils (guests/owners/crew): · Bone china crockery, cutlery, silverware and serving pieces · Crystal glassware, table accessories (guests/owners/crew); Sundries (ashtrays, vases, lamps etc.) · Table linens, bed linen, blankets and pillows (guests/owners/crew); · Bathroom and day head towels, beach towels and robes (guests/owners/crew); · Loose rugs; · Navigational Charts and books (excluding regulatory volumes to be supplied by Builder); · binoculars and portable radio equipment; · Guests/Owners/crew stationery and guest booklets; · Guest library books, CD’s and DVD’s; · Artwork and decorative items; · Decorative cushions on the beds and sofas, throws and cashmere blankets; · Crew uniforms; · Owners crest. These items are to be delivered Free On Board (FOB) to the Site at a date as required by the Builder to allow for proper incorporation and installation on board .
- GLOBAL EXPLORER 72 M: THE VIEWS OF THE DESIGNER POINT The new Global Explorer 72 m project we designed is the ultimate expression of the concept of Explorer, and it is the synthesis of different experiences over the years we have gained in both Mega Yacht and the Explorer fields. The design philosophy behind this project is to create a yacht that is, as per its own name, without limitation, neither size, nor aesthetically, nor functionally. The Global Explorer is a Mega Yacht that will bring his owners to the most fashionable places in Porto Cervo or in St. Tropez, and in the most fascinating exploration in the seas of Alaska as those in Southern California or the Far East. The project while it necessarily takes account of all the experiences had in the past and the many feed-back received from the shipyards and from the ship owners, must inevitably be developed with a some autonomous and independent features keeping the distinctive signs that have characterized other yachts designed by our office. The language used for the external lines makes clear reference to the proportions and style typical of the great work boat, but is combined in a much softer form, no less "masculine", with strong stylistic references and proportions that are reminding the simple but fine style of our more classic Mega Yacht with great surface continuity and almost completely abandoning the use of sharp edges. The desire to manage in an original way, but at the same time practical and rational, the coordination of the huge available spaces, both internally and externally, with the volume that they develop is surely the true great challenge of this project. The results are again impressive in terms of absolute space whereas for the space distribution and will allow the creation of different layout solutions without changing the overall structural layout of the boat. The first thing that strikes the Global Explorer are the dimensions of the hull, a large platform, very high on water to remain dry even in the most violent storms and to provide an adequate volume for all service areas and crew space that are exactly in the two below decks. The crew area is so big to allow a comfortable life on board even for long periods of time as is normal for a yacht of these characteristics. In the superstructure, which starts from the main deck for four levels upper, being one fully open, there are the living areas on the owner and guests areas plus the bridge and captain cabin. Guests will have five double cabins and a large suite of 60 mq that is in the forward area of ??the main deck. The first deck is almost entirely dedicated to the owner. Aftward, accessible by a staircase, there is the "beach club" in front of which there is the huge hydraulic swim platform. Together they make an area of ??approximately 100 mq with bars, tables and sofas . From a technical point of view, we are facing with a hull from large volumes, the particularly generous spangle to optimize the seaworthiness, with a considerable bow bulb and ideal to achieve high cruising speed without penalizing the low speed performance at which the best range is possible. The hull has been designed to allow installation of two pairs of fin stabilizers positioned in the area of ??the engine room and crew quarters. The generous size of the rudders and their profile, highly efficient even at low speed, guarantee, together with the use of a double bow thrusters and a stern thrusters, excellent maneuverability even in very restricted waters. Sergio Cutolo Global Explorer 72m naval architect and designer
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.