- 485 Grand'Large
- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
The DUFOUR 485 attracts those in search of excellence. Those who accept nothing but the best in design, materials, craftsmanship, and performance.
The Dufour 485 Grand'large is modern, featuring straightforward lines and strong design characteristics, yet has traditional elements which make the profile timeless and enduring. As on all Doufour Yachts, sailing performance is never compromised by this boat's many redeeming features.
Very original and unique aft deck adds huge versatility to the cockpit area.
Transom lines provide massive volume inside.
Uncluttered fore-deck, and wide side-decks make for easy and sure-footed movement around the boat in all conditions.
Very elegant and dynamic coach-roof, discrete and exceptionally flat, enhances the design and adds to the freedom of movement about the boat.
Sail plan and deck fittings adapted to reduced-crew sailing, without compromising performance.
Twin steering wheel system.
Retractable Bowsprit for easy down-wind sailing.
Optional Retractable Bow-thruster for ease of maneuvering, without compromising sailing performance.
A bright and warm interior thanks to numerous port-lights and rich woodwork.
Absolute comfort with dedicated spaces for washing machine, dishwasher, freezer, water maker, etc.
- Max Draft: 6'2" / 7'3" Ballast: 8,377 lbs Displacement: 33,290 lbs
- Total Power: 110
- Salon / Interior
- Floors are made of Moabi. Interior woodwork is in first-grade moabi and Wenge. Beadings, trims and cubby-hole door surrounds are in solid wood. Ventilation louvers are fitted at the top of cupboard doors. Aluminum table legs. Fixed saloon table: 1.2 m × 0.9 m Cubby-holes and closed stowage units running along the side of the hull, behind the banquette backs. Hull liner in wood. Ceiling lights and bulkhead lights. T60 opening deck hatch. 1 ventilator. 2 hull ports. Saloon with U-shaped banquette seat to port and long banquette seat to starboard. A central settee allows 2 extra guests to sit at the table. 2 low units acting as arms for the starboard banquette offer extra stowage. Fitted unit against forward bulkhead. Stowage in port banquette, accessible by lowering the back.
- Corian® worktop with wooden fiddle round it. Double sink with synthetic resin cover doubling as a chopping-board. Waste bin below sink. Crockery set: Design square monogrammed diner service for 10 person. Under-sink storage and cutlery drawer. 50l front-opening 12 V refrigerator. 50l freezer. Gimbal-mounted stainless ‘Bretagne Evolution’ 3-burner gas cooker with grill/oven, with stainless fiddle and anchor-point for safety strap. Bottle stowage. System for securing crockery in dedicated unit fitted with pegs. Opening ports in coach-roof side. Ceiling lights and spotlight. 100l top-opening 12 V-operated cool-box. Stowage cubby holes along side of hull. Sliding storage bins.
- Helm Station
- 2 leather-sleeved stainless steering wheels, 1066 mm in diameter. The steering wheels are easily controllable from a seated position on the helmsman’s side bench seats. Transmission system via chain and cranks connected to the rudder quadrant. The rudder blade is semi-elliptical in shape — taking advantage of the latest research in hydrodynamics — and filled with very high density closed-cell epoxy foam to avoid any ingress of water. The solid stainless rudder stock is mounted on self-aligning bearings for greater precision and lightness of the helm whatever the wind conditions. Stainless steel emergency tiller. Access deck-plate for emergency tiller.
- Mooring & Anchoring
- The mooring and anchoring system comprises: Self-draining anchor locker forward, with hatch cover. Anchor eyebolt. Vertical 1.5 kW electric windlass with control box in the sail locker for remote electrical control. Gypsy. 2 bow rollers with stainless stemhead fitting (sailing possible with anchor catted). 6 stainless steel mooring cleats for making fast warps and springs. 6 stainless steel rubbing plates on sheer line. Fender stowage provided in stern locker or sail locker. Delta anchor 25kg. 30m anchor chain Ø 12, 60m cable Ø 22. 2 x 15m mooring lines Ø 18, 1 x 42m mooring line Ø 18. 6 fenders (big size).
- Self-draining cockpit, with floor in non-slip polyester. Large size cockpit benches with teak trim. Very convenient, safe cockpit coamings with winch areas in teak. Large fixed cockpit table fitted with a teak tray and stainless fiddles with hinged leaves: easy movement and lots of seating around the table. A cubby-hole behind helm console. For keeping ropes tidy, the cockpit has a rope tub at the entrance to the companionway. Sliding Plexiglass companionway hatch. Companionway sprayhood (3 brackets) in Dufour colors built in to the coach-roof and fitted with leathercovered stainless handrails. Navigation instrument location above companionway. Gas cylinder locker. Cockpit lighting via dedicated spotlight built in under boom.
- Sun Platform / Transom
- Large teak covered aft sun platform. Removable bathing ladder with teak steps. Removable ladder with teak steps for the gate doors. Cockpit shower with hot and cold water. Transom with hinged door to access the liferaft locker, with removable bathing ladder.
- Engine / Mechanical Equipment
- Engine installation: Volvo 75 hp engine with Sail-drive transmission. 110 hp Volvo engine with prop shaft transmission and folding propeller also available as an option. Carefully-designed foam soundproofing. Engine compartment ventilation via 100 mm ducts leading to transom (invisible ventilation openings). Engine sump. Engine control lever and engine control panel built into aft sun platform, aft of the port helm position. Rev counter and hour meter. Fixed three-bladed prop. 250 liter rotomoulded fuel tank beneath aft bunks, with electric fuel gauge remoted to chart table. Fuel filter with water separator, plus sea-water filter, anti-siphon valve. Engine compartment light.
- Electrical System
- Engine starter battery (12 V / 135 Ah). 2 service batteries (12 V / 2 × 135 Ah). The set of batteries is fitted with a relay. Service batteries stowed beneath floor at foot of companionway. 300 W inverter incorporating a socket for a laptop computer. High-output 120 Ah alternator. Electrical distribution panel with 21 functions on 12 V and 6 functions on 220 V, including: Voltmeter for service battery and engine (220 V and 12 V). Ammeter for consumption. Electrical water level gauges. Electrical fuel gauges. The 12 V electrical circuit is protected by circuit-breakers. 40 Ah battery charger. Shore supply socket forward of sun platform. Deck flood light. LED cockpit lighting on end of boom. 220 V power sockets in all parts of the yacht — 2 in forward cabin(s), at chart table, one per aft cabin, in galley. Chrome-finish halogen ceiling lights. Chrome-finish reading lamps. Pre-equipment for optional cable installation. LED navigation lights port and starboard on bow pulpit. LED stern light on stern pushpit. Steaming and LED anchor lights on mast. The 220 V circuit has dual protection, via one thermal-magnetic Circuit-breaker per function, and an overall 30 mA differential circuit-breaker on the distribution panel.
- Ports / Hatches / Covers
- 5 opening ports on coamings. Plexiglass fixed ports on coamings and fore roof. 4 hull ports. 2 opening cockpit ports. 3 Lewmar T60 opening deck hatches. 2 Lewmar T44 opening deck hatches. Sliding Plexiglass companionway hatch. Sliding companionway door in floor of cockpit. T60 deck hatch access to sail locker. 2 T20 deck hatches.
- Aluminum self-tailing type winches (HARKEN): 2 H 53 STA genoa sheet winches. 2 H 44 STA handling winches on coach-roof. 2 aluminum winch handles with 2 boxes. Locating the winches aft makes for easy operation by helmsman.
- Retractable bowsprit allows attachment of spinnaker tack. Tack position adjustable from cockpit.
- Mast & Boom
- 9/10 fractional rig anodized aluminum mast stepped on the deck, carrying 2 levels of 20° swept-back spreaders. Mast equipped with slider system. Mast steps. Anodized aluminum boom. Deck flood light.
- Genoa cut with a horizontal cut suitable for the roller furler with added anti-UV protection, 140% overlap. Standard mainsail with track (sliding rollers) and 2 rows of reef points. Mainsail bearing ‘Drakkar’ logo. Lazy jack. Lazy bag in Dufour Yachts’ colours. Mainsail sheet track with tackle return to cockpit.
- Genoa System
- Twin-slot genoa roller furler and furling line. 2 pulleys for genoa furler line, 3 fairleads and jammer on port side-deck (returned to cockpit). 2 genoa sheet tracks with HARKEN piston-adjustable traveler blocks.
- Running Rigging: Mainsheet returned to cockpit. Mainsail halyard returned to cockpit. Boom topping lift with mast cleat. 2 automatic reefing lines returned to cockpit. Mainsail outhaul returned to cockpit. Rigid boom vang with 4:1 tackle returned to cockpit. 2 genoa sheets. Genoa halyard returned to halyard winch. Handling the running rigging: Mainsail track on coach-roof. 10 Spinlock XTS jammers. 2 Spinlock XAS jammers. 2 x 5 sheave deck organisers. Standard Rigging: Continuous-type stainless rigging. Backstay bridle with twin turnbuckles. Single forestay.
- Safety Features
- Open stainless bow pulpit easing access aboard and spinnaker handling. 2 stainless stern pushpits. Bracket for lifebelt, flag, and outboard bracket. The boat is ringed by 2 rows of guard rails supported on stanchions fixed to bases bolted to the deck. 2 large gates in the guard rails. 2 teak handrails on the coach-roof make getting around easier. Handrail astern of cockpit table. 2 handrails above companionway. Chain-plates for safety harnesses. All running lines pass beneath the deck, leaving the coach-roof clear.
- Chart Table, Located Starboard
- Side-facing chart table. Space provided for laptop computer. Unit with shelf beneath chart table. High-level unit running along side. Bookshelf. Panel for navigation instruments. Chart reader. Electrical distribution panel (12V / 220V). All functions indicated by engraved labels in both. 12 V power socket. 220 V power socket. Water and diesel gauges. Seat with cushion. Fixed port in coach-roof side.
- The sandwich design of the hull makes for very good thermal and acoustic insulation. The lamination of the network of ribs reinforces the hull’s solidity and in this way makes allows very good spreading of the forces from the keel and rigging. The inner molding liner with its perfect finish produces additional stowage space under the floors and makes for easier cleaning. Prevention of osmosis on hull with the use of a NPG gelcoat.
- Her deck is produced by infusion for an optimum rigidity/ lightness ratio along with excellent thermal and acoustic insulation, and has an inner moulding liner for a perfect finish. All working and traffic areas have a ‘diamond-point’ non- slip surface. Localized monolithic reinforcing areas are included under deck fittings (winches, tracks, chain-plates, cleats). To increase durability, Dufour’s team of engineers have opted to minimize wooden structural inserts beneath deck fittings..
- Hull Deck Junction
- A straight sheer strake forms the join between the hull and the deck. This assembly ensures the watertightness of the hull/deck join and increases safety when moving about on deck. The wooden toe-board emphasizes the deck line, and offers non-aggressive protection for the feet. The join between the transom/hull is built flat for greater aestheticism.
- For maximum life, keels undergo factory treatment before fitting (anti-corrosion and improved finish thanks to epoxy-based paint and coatings). The keel with a large sole-plate is fixed to the boat with a system of stainless backing-plate and nuts. Her bulb keel is in cast iron: 1.90 m. As an option, a long, mixed cast-iron/lead ballast keel with a draft of 2.25m allows superior (stiff, close-winded) performance, while maintaining an acceptable draft, lowering the center of gravity, and increasing her stability.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.