- 455 Grand'Large
- 45 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
Dufour Yachts has succeeded in acquiring the reputation of a boat builder of stylish, comfortable, seaworthy and high quality sailing yachts. The Dufour 455 is a perfect example. Elegant, fast and comfortable. Clearly of superior quality, with a rich wood interior, and fine materials throughout.
Sleek deck lines.
Spacious cockpit with twin steering wheel system.
Tilting skipper's seat to provide access to a life raft storage compartment
Wide swim platform.
Interior: Rich Moabi wood highlighted by plenty of natural light via numerous deck hatches.
Spacious Master cabin forward, with ensuite head.
Hull and rig: designed for fast cruising, and ease of handling in full comfort.
- Max Draft: 6'3" / 7'5" Ballast: 7,341 lbs Displacement: 23,457 lbs
- Total Power: 55
- Teak trimmed seats, slightly curved GRP sole. Large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps. GRP steering pedestal forming a footrest and instrument panel, with compass. Stainless steel arch above compass. Large leather rimmed steering wheel. Rudder stock head under helmsman’s seat for installing the emergency tiller. Engine control lever starboard and recessed engine control panel. Recessed instrument panel symmetrical to engine panel. Stowage bins built into engine and instrument panels. 2 winch pockets. Transom opens in centre by tipping helmsman’s seat giving access to the swim/boarding platform. Large Propane locker in aft port seat. Locker for small equipment in aft starboard seat. Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under sole. Swim/ boarding platform teak trimmed in central part. Cockpit shower in aft locker. Stainless steel bathing ladder with teak steps. Shore power socket in cockpit.
- Engine / Mechanical Equipment
- VOLVO 55 hp (41 kW). Sail-drive transmission. Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Large capacity sea water filter. Control panel close to helmsman, with hour meter, tachometer and Plexiglas protection. Alternator with battery isolator. Fuel tank approx. 66 Gal, gauge on electrical switchboard. Fuel filter with water separator. Emergency fuel shut-off handle. Engine room ventilation blower, and 2 ventilation hoses. Two-blade fixed propeller (folding prop optional). Access to the engine from front and both sides. Independent engine bilge. Quality sound proofing high density foam.
- Electrical System
- 110v Electrical system with shore power connections and battery charger. 110v outlets in cabins, galley and near chart plotter. AM/FM radio CD Player with 2 speakers. 12 V DC SYSTEM. 16 function backlit Circuitbreaker panel. 12V outlet at galley and panel. 1 x 100 Ah engine battery. 1 x 100 Ah service battery. Battery switch for each battery. Polyethylene tanks for a total capacity of approx 140 Gal with inspection plates and gauges at electrical panel. Electric bilge pump with strainer and filter and controls on breaker panel. Water heater 20 l running off engine transfer and 110 V. Manual bilge pump operated from cockpit. Sump built into keel. Drainage of shower water by pump(s) direct to the sea, easily accessible under the washbasins.
- Sails / Rigging
- Anodized aluminum mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 9/10, deck stepped. Anchor and steaming lights. Possibility of rigging a removable inner forestay. Boom topping lift cleat. Anodized aluminum boom equipped with single line reefing system. Rigid boom vang, with tackle led back to cockpit. Genoa furling system. Discontinuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable. Backstay adjusted with stay tensioner. Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including: main and Genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main sheet on standing winch block with cleat on cockpit floor, Genoa sheets, adjustable mainsail track, boom vang, reefing lines and Genoa furling line. Mainsail with logo in high tenacity cloth, with two broad reef bands. Mainsail cover. Special biradial roller furling Genoa with UV protection.
- Deck / Deck Fittings
- Teak handrails on coachroof. Wood toerail on hull-deck joint. Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, cover with locking bolt. Stemhead fitting with removable anchor roller. Pulpit in two separate parts with separate green/red navigation lights. Asymmetrical spinnaker tack ring ahead of forestay. Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder and opening cable gate with hook. Stanchions with 2 levels of stainless steel guard -rails. 6 Mooring cleats, stainless steel rubbing plates on sheer line. Single chainplate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds including an eye for fixing extra control lines. 2 deck filler plates for water, 1 for fuel. Mainsheet track on cockpit sole with adjustable traveller. Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks. Double sheet turning blocks with built-in jammer. Stainless steel swan neck electric cable gland. 2 x 4 and 6 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns. 5+2 clutches on coachroof. 2 x 40.2 ST halyard winches on coachroof. 2 x 48 ST Genoa sheet winches on coamings close to helmsman. Spinlock clutch on toerail for Genoa furling line. Sliding companionway hatch and washboards in Plexiglas with stops and lock. GRP cover ahead of companionway with spray deflector.
- Hand laminated GRP Hull, vacuum bagged PVC foam core sandwich above water line. NPG Gelcoat with first layer of cloth impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis. Inner moulded hull bottom, structural framing laminated to the hull. Navy blue decorative stripes on hull and coach roof. Deck in PVC foam core sandwich, moulded by injection process (Resin Transfer Moulding) for significant weight saving and excellent interior finish.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.