2011 Cruising World's Best Cruiser of the Year, 40-49'.
Much like other models in Dufour’s renowned Performance-line of yachts, the Dufour 45E contains a fully-redesigned helm console and cockpit layout. The sizeable coach roof, wide side decks and large open cockpit make getting around easier for the crew on race day, and entertaining friends and family on long weekends. Her elegant, discreet and practical bathing spaces on-deck opens onto the sea for easy sun bathing.
The Dufour 45E proves that it is very possible to experience the excitement of high performance sailing in complete comfort. Consistent with Dufour's long-standing reputation, the Dufour 45E features a very spacious aft cabin fitted out with ample and intelligently designed storage spaces. The atmosphere is cozy, warm and filled with light. Her interior is built with real wood rarely found in the competition’s production yachts. As soon as you enter her Salon, you’ll know you’ve found a yacht unlike any other in the marina.
Her high-quality grains, hand-made cabinets, plush soft-goods are borrowed from a different era of European yacht-building.
Behind the walls, you will be at peace, knowing all electrical systems, plumbing, and structural processes have been done right. Wiring is clearly labeled, plumbing fits and doesn’t leak, and bulkheads are built to last.
The new Dufour 45E is a modern sailing yacht, equipped to compete in the most professional regattas or to experience the comfortable life of a family cruise in total safety.
- Max Draft: 6'3" / 7'5" Ballast: 6,834/ 7,341 lbs. Displacement: 23,457 lbs
- Total Power: 55
- Engine / Mechanical
- Access to the engine from front and both sides. Volvo 55 hp (41 kW). Sail-drive transmission. Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Large capacity sea water filter. Control panel close to helmsman, with hour meter, tachometer and Plexiglas protection. Alternator with battery isolator. Fuel tank approx. 66 Gal, gauge on electrical switchboard. Fuel filter with water separator. Emergency fuel shut-off handle. Engine room ventilation blower, and 2 ventilation hoses. Two-blade fixed propeller (folding prop optional). Independent engine bilge. Quality sound proofing high density foam.
- Electrical System
- 110v Electrical system with shore power connections and battery charger. 110v outlets in cabins, galley and near chart plotter. Am/FM radio CD Player with speakers. 12 V DC SYSTEM. 16 function backlit Circuitbreaker panel. 12V outlet at galley and panel. 1 x 100 Ah engine battery. 1 x 100 Ah service battery. Battery switch for each battery. Polyethylene 140 gallons tanks with inspection plates and gauges at electrical panel
- Water System
- Electric bilge pump with strainer and filter and controls on breaker panel. Water heater 20 l running off engine transfer and 110 V. Manual bilge pump operated from cockpit. Sump built into keel. Drainage of shower water by pump(s) direct to the sea, easily accessible under the washbasin(s).
- Teak trimmed seats, slightly curved GRP sole. Large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps. GRP steering pedestal forming a footrest and instrument panel, with compass. Stainless steel arch above compass. Large leather rimmed steering wheel. Rudder stock head under helmsman’s seat for installing the emergency tiller. Engine control lever starboard and recessed engine control panel. Recessed instrument panel symmetrical to engine panel. Stowage bins built into engine and instrument panels. 2 winch pockets. Transom opens in center by tipping helmsman’s seat giving access to the swim/boarding platform. Large Propane locker in aft port seat. Locker for small equipment in aft starboard seat. Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under sole. Swim/ boarding platform teak trimmed in central part. Cockpit shower in aft locker. Stainless steel bathing ladder with teak steps. Shore power socket in cockpit.
- Deck / Deck Fittings
- Teak handrails on coachroof. Wood toerail on hull-deck joint. Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, cover with locking bolt. Stemhead fitting with removable anchor roller. Pulpit in two separate parts with separate green/red navigation lights. Asymmetrical spinnaker tack ring ahead of forestay. Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder and opening cable gate with hook. Stanchions with 2 levels of stainless steel guard -rails. 6 Mooring cleats, stainless steel rubbing plates on sheer line. Single chainplate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds including an eye for fixing extra control lines. 2 deck filler plates for water, 1 for fuel. Mainsheet track on cockpit sole with adjustable traveller. Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks. Double sheet turning blocks with built-in jammer. Stainless steel swan neck electric cable gland. 2 x 4 and 6 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns. 5+2 clutches on coachroof. 2 x 40.2 ST halyard winches on coachroof. 2 x 48 ST Genoa sheet winches on coamings close to helmsman. Spinlock clutch on toerail for Genoa furling line. Sliding companionway hatch and washboards in Plexiglas with stops and lock. GRP cover ahead of companionway with spray deflector.
- Sails / Rigging
- Anodized aluminum mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 9/10, deck stepped. Anchor and steaming lights. Possibility of rigging a removable inner forestay. Boom topping lift cleat. Anodized aluminum boom equipped with single line reefing system. Rigid boom vang, with tackle led back to cockpit. Genoa furling system. Discontinuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable. Backstay adjusted with stay tensioner. Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including: main and Genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main sheet on standing winch block with cleat on cockpit floor, Genoa sheets, adjustable mainsail track, boom vang, reefing lines and Genoa furling line. Mainsail with logo in high tenacity cloth, with two broad reef bands. Mainsail cover. Special biradial roller furling Genoa with UV protection.
- Hand laminated GRP Hull, vacuum bagged PVC foam core sandwich above water line. NPG Gelcoat with first layer of cloth impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis. Inner moulded hull bottom, structural framing laminated to the hull. Navy blue decorative stripes on hull and coach roof. Deck in PVC foam core sandwich, moulded by injection process (Resin Transfer Moulding) for significant weight saving and excellent interior finish.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.