- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
The Dufour 425 Grand'large is a performance cruiser, capable of long passages, yet easy to handle for an afternoon's leisurely day-sail.
She is stylish, comfortable, seaworthy and built with cutting edge design and technology.
* Hull and interior designed for long distance sailing
* Stylish and sleek deck lines, a look that stands out:
* A low super structure with a lovely curve of the coach roof,
* A plumb bow rising proudly from the water
* Ergonomic cockpit and cockpit coaming
* Twin steering wheel system
* Attractive and functional, cockpit table
* Emphasis on easy handling
- Max Draft: 5'5" / 6'8" Ballast: 5,368 lbs Displacement: 19,404 lbs
- Total Power: 40
- Sails / Rigging
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 15/ 16, deck stepped. Anchor and steaming lights. Boom topping lift cleat. Anodised aluminium boom equipped with two single line reefing system. Genoa furler. Grounded rigging system. Continuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable and chrome plated bronze turnbuckles including: forestay, double backstay, cap shrouds, inter and lower shrouds. Pre-stretched running rigging including: Main and Genoa halyards, boom topping lift, Main and Genoa sheets, two reefing lines, outhaul line, Mainsheet car control line, furling line, boom vang tackle. Mainsail equipped with two broad reef bands, with battens and bag. Furling Genoa with anti-UV protection.
- Staterooms / Heads
- Forward there is a large berth approximately 6 feet 6 inches long with a 4 inch thick mattress with washable cover 250 litre water tank. Access to stowage locker under berth. Full length shelf with sea-fiddle over the berth alongside the hull. Large hanging locker with shelves. Forward head includes a large compartment with shower. Toilet, moulded washbasin, large mirror and chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower unit. The shower has direct drainage by an electric pump. Double berth 6'6" mattress with washable cover. Large hanging locker with double door. Shelf with sea-fiddle, over berth. Toilet, moulded washbasin, large mirror and chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower unit.
- Layout / Interior Features
- Very good ventilation is ensured by 8 deck hatches with integrated ventilators, four opening port-lights on roof with curtains, permanent ventilation with two aerators, «mushroom» models. Two hull port-lights as well as four fixed pot-lights add to the saloon’s natural brightness. Numerous spotlights and reading lights come in a chrome finish. All joinery work is finished in prime choice Moabi mahogany, with fiddles, mouldings and framings in solid wood. Soles are in Moabi laminated floor boards. Upper cabin linings are in Moabi wood, the bottom in cream coloured vinyl.
- A large U-shaped settee is on the starboard side with cushions made out of foam with washable covers. A central fixed settee has a hinged stowage area underneath. Further stowage is available under seats and behind backrests. Stowage lockers with doors and bookshelf above the settee. The saloon table has a bottle rack in the center and fiddles. Stainless steel mast pillar.
- Longitudinal shaped galley with large Corian worktop. Double stainless steel sink. Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressurised water. Cooker - 3-burner stove with oven and grill on gimbals. 12V electric refrigerator unit (130 litres). Stowage boxes, with separated compartments. Cutlery drawer and PVC stowage baskets. Upper cabinets, one of which can house a microwave oven. Crumb tray under sole.
- Chart Table
- Large format chart table with a hinged desk top. Ergonomic wooden seat with stowage underneath. White vinyl cushion. 45° angled instrument console. Stowage under chart table with drawer.
- Transom open in centre with a tipping helmsman’s seat giving access to the swim/boarding platform. Gas cylinder locker in aft port seat. Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under helmsman seat. Cockpit shower in aft locker. Folding stainless steel bathing ladder. Engine lever and control panel easily to hand for the helmsman on the starboard side. Teak trimmed seats, GRP sole. Two large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps. GRP steering pedestals. Rudder stock head under helmsman’s sole for installing the emergency tiller.
- Engine / Mechanical
- Access to the engine from front and both sides. Volvo 40 hp (29.1 kW). Sail-drive transmission. Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Large capacity sea water strainer. Control panel close to helmsman with hour meter, engine stop and tachometer. Alternator with battery isolator. Fuel tank gauge on electrical switchboard. Fuel filter with water separator. Emergency fuel shutoff handle. Engine room ventilation blower, and two ventilation hoses. Two-blade fixed propeller. Independent engine bilge. Quality sound proofing using high density foam.
- Hull & Deck
- Teak handrails on coachroof. Wood toerail. Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, lid with locking bolt. Stemhead fitting anchor roller. Pulpit with wooden step and separate green/ red navigation lights. Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder, navigation light, and opening cable gate with hook. Stanchions with two levels of life line. Six aluminium mooring cleats. Single stainless steel chainplate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds. Two chainplates for the backstay. Two deck fillers for water and one for fuel. Mainsheet track on and adjustable traveller on coachroof. Boom vang. Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks. Genoa sheet turning blocks on coaming. 8 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns, mainsail sheet and reefing lines. Stainless steel swan neck electric/ electronic cable gland. 7 clutches on coachroof. Two x 40 ST halyard winches on the roof to starboard. Two x 48 ST genoa.
- Hand laminated GRP hull. The NPG gelcoat (the first layer of cloth is impregnated with NPG resin) forms an optimum barrier against osmosis. Inner moulded hull bottom, structural grid laminated to the hull. Hull portlights in the saloon. Deck in Balsa core sandwich, made by Infusion process. Draft 2.10m, cast iron keel, bolt loads taken up by stainless steel backing plate. Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxy foam. Stainless steel, solid stock.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.