- 40E Performance
- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
Much like other models in Dufour’s renowned Performance-line of yachts, the Dufour 40E contains a fully-redesigned helm console and cockpit layout. The sizeable coach roof, wide side decks and large open cockpit make getting around easier for the crew on race day, and entertaining friends and family on long weekends. Her elegant, discreet and practical bathing spaces on-deck opens onto the sea for easy sun bathing.
The Dufour 40E proves that it is very possible to experience the excitement of high performance sailing in complete comfort. Consistent with Dufour's long-standing reputation, the Dufour 40E features a very spacious aft cabin fitted out with ample and intelligently designed storage spaces. The atmosphere is cozy, warm and filled with light. Her interior is built with real wood rarely found in the competition’s production yachts. As soon as you enter her Salon, you’ll know you’ve found a yacht unlike any other in the marina.
Her high-quality grains, hand-made cabinets, plush soft-goods are borrowed from a different era of European yacht-building.
Behind the walls, you will be at peace, knowing all electrical systems, plumbing, and structural processes have been done right. Wiring is clearly labeled, plumbing fits and doesn’t leak, and bulkheads are built to last.
The new Dufour 40E is a modern sailing yacht, equipped to compete in the most professional regattas or to experience the comfortable life of a family cruise in total safety.
- Max Draft: 5'4"/ 6'8" Ballast: 6,193/ 5,918 lbs Displacement: 17,160 lbs
- Total Power: 40
- Deck / Deck Fittings
- Teak handrails on coachroof. Wood toerail on hull-deck joint. Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, cover with locking bolt. Stemhead fitting with removable anchor roller. Pulpit in two separate parts with separate green/red navigation lights. Asymmetrical spinnaker tack ring ahead of forestay. Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder and opening cable gate with hook. Stanchions with 2 levels of stainless steel guardrails. 6 Mooring cleats, stainless steel rubbing plates on sheer line. Single chainplate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds including an eye for fixing extra control lines. 2 deck filler plates for water, 1 for fuel. Mainsheet track on cockpit sole with adjustable traveler. Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks. Double sheet turning blocks with built-in jammer. Stainless steel swan neck electric cable gland. 2 x 4 and 6 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns. 5+2 clutches on coachroof. 2 x 40.2 ST halyard winches on coachroof. 2 x 48 ST Genoa sheet winches on coamings close to helmsman. Spinlock clutch on toerail for Genoa furling line. Sliding companionway hatch and washboards in Plexiglas with stops and lock. GRP cover ahead of companionway with spray deflector.
- Sails / Rigging
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 9/10, deck stepped. Anchor and steaming lights. Possibility of rigging a removable inner forestay. Boom topping lift cleat. Anodised aluminium boom equipped with single line reefing system. Rigid boom vang, with tackle led back to cockpit. Genoa furling system. Discontinuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable and chrome plated bronze turnbuckles including: forestay, backstay, cap shrouds, inter and lower shrouds. Backstay adjusted with stay tensionner. Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including: main and Genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main sheet on standing winch block with cleat on cockpit floor, Genoa sheets, adjustable mainsail track, boom vang, reefing lines and Genoa furling line. Mainsail with logo in high tenacity cloth, with two broad reef bands. Mainsail cover. Special biradial roller furling. Genoa with anti-UV protection.
- Teak trimmed seats, slightly curved GRP sole. Large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps. GRP steering pedestal forming a footrest and instrument panel, with compass. Stainless steel arch above compass. Large leather rimmed steering wheel. Rudder stock head under helmsman’s seat for installing the emergency tiller. Engine control lever starboard and recessed engine control panel. Recessed instrument panel symmetrical to engine panel. Stowage bins built into engine and instrument panels. 2 winch pockets. Transom opens in center by tipping helmsman’s seat giving access to the swim/boarding platform. Large Propane locker in aft port seat. Locker for small equipment in aft starboard seat. Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under sole. Swim/ boarding platform teak trimmed in central part. Cockpit shower in aft locker. Stainless steel bathing ladder with teak steps. Shore power socket in cockpit.
- Engine / Mechanical
- Volvo 40 hp (29.1 kW). Sail-drive transmission. Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Large capacity sea water filter. Control panel close to helmsman, with hour meter, tachometer and Plexiglas protection. Alternator with battery isolator. Fuel tank approx. 160 l, gauge on electrical switchboard. Fuel filter with water separator. Emergency fuel shut-off handle. Engine room ventilation blower, and 2 ventilation hoses. Two-blade fixed propeller. Access to the engine from front and both sides. Independent engine bilge. Quality sound proofing high density foam.
- Electrical System
- 12V DC System. 16 function backlit switchboard. 12V outlet at galley and switchboard. 1 x 100 Ah engine battery. 1 x 100 Ah service battery. Battery switch for each battery. Polyethylene tanks for a total capacity of 350 l with inspection plates and gauges at electrical panel.
- Water System
- Electric bilge pump with strainer and filter and controls on switchboard. Water heater 20 l running off engine transfer and 220 V. Manual bilge pump operated from cockpit. Sump built into keel. Drainage of shower water by pump(s) direct to the sea, easily accessible under the washbasin(s).
- All joinery work in prime choice light Moabi mahogany, with fiddles and mouldings in solid wood. Locker doors have ventilation louvers. The cabin doors have double anti-vibration bolts. The soles are in varnished Moabi veneered marine plywood. Cabin mattresses and saloon cushions have removable covers. The upper cabin and saloon linings are in Moabi wood. Large U-shaped settee to port. Settee to starboard. Saloon table with bar and folding leaf for easier circulation. Backrests and seats in foam with washable covers. Stowage under seats and behind backrests. Stowage lockers with doors and a bookshelf above each settee. Light and ventilation by deck hatch, 2 opening port-lights and 4 fixed port-lights and 8 spotlights. Solid wood mast pillar onto mast bulkhead. Very good ventilation ensured by 5 deck hatches with integrated ventilators and 6 opening port-lights. Lighting is completed by 2 fixed coachroof port-lights and 2 fixed hull port-lights. Electric lighting provided by numerous spotlights and reading lights.
- Aft Cabin
- Headroom: 1.98 m. Double berth approx. 195 x 141 cm. Large hanging locker with double door with shelf above. Seat forming shoe locker. Shelf with sea-fiddle over berth. Access behind engine, oddments tray on top. Lighting and ventilation by a deck hatch and an opening port-light and by 1 dome light and one reading spotlight.
- Forward Cabin
- Headroom: 1.92 m. Large berth approx. 220 x 196 cm. 10 cm mattress in 2 parts (washable cover). Access to stowage lockers under berth. Full length shelf with seafiddle over berth. Large hanging locker with shelves and seat forming a shoe locker. Access to navigation instrument Transducers.
- L-shaped galley close to companionway. Corian work top with fiddle. Double stainless steel sink. Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressurized water (hot/cold). Cooker with 2 burner stove/oven on gimbals. 12 V electric refrigerator with ice cube compartment. Storage under sink with shelf and door. Hinged door with garbage bin. Outboard lower cabinet with cutlery drawer and sliding vegetable baskets. Upper cabinets with doors on hull side, one of which can house a microwave oven. Light and ventilation ensured by opening port-light and 2 spotlights over galley. Crumb tray under sole.
- Hand laminated GRP Hull, vacuum bagged PVC foam core sandwich above water line. NPG Gelcoat with first layer of cloth impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis. Inner moulded hull bottom, structural framing laminated to the hull. Navy blue decorative stripes on hull and coach roof. Deck in PVC foam core sandwich, moulded by injection process (Resin Transfer Moulding) for significant weight saving and excellent interior finish. Standard draft 1.65 m, cast iron keel, bolts loads taken up by stainless steel backing plate. Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxy foam. Stainless steel solid stock, on self-aligning bearings.