The M242 is a 24-foot, high performance, family-oriented day racer and weekender.The total sail inventory consists of a main, roller furling jib and 210% spinnaker. The roller-furling jib dramatically simplifies boat handling and encourages family crews. With a PHRF handicap of 150-156 seconds per mile, it seems that the PHRF handicappers certainly respect the performance ability of the M242.
While the accommodations below decks are spartan, the M242 is not a stripped out racer. It features a hull and deck liner to finish the interior nicely, eliminating the "sweating" many small boats experience. And if you feel the urge to gunkhole on a weekend outing with the family, there actually is enough room below to sleep four, with 6' sitting headroom.
- Beam: 8 Ballast: 930 Displacement: 2500
- Tohatsu Outboard (2 Stroke) Total Power: 2.5 HP
- Sail Inventory
- 2 Complete Sets of Ullman Racing Sails (A and B), with an additional jib and mainsail for practice.
- Other Gear
- Raytheon Knot Meter Tacktick Micro Compass New Yard Trailer, capable of converting to a road trailer Side Cushions and V Berth All running rigging is tapered
- Denise George 310-490-9432