Lewis Francis Herreshoff, the son of the famous Nathanael Herreshoff was a naval architect and author of numerous books. As a young man he worked with his father in the design of a variety of yachts and vessels. During WWI he designed ships for the U.S. Navy. In 1926 he became self employed designing racing and crusing yachts. Some of his most notable designs include the 1930 Americas Cup contender, the J class yacht Whirlwind; the almost unbeatable M class sloop Istalena; and the revolutionary R class sloops Yankee and Live Yankee. His designs ranged in length from 16 to over 130’. His work is renowned for its artistic perfection and beauty. The Rozinante is design #98.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hull & Deck
- Carvel hull planks installed over Oak frames with S/S and Sillicon Bronze fasteners. All exterior hull seams were “wooded” using epoxy resin. The hull surface was completely stripped down to bare wood and surfaces faired and sealed with epoxy resin. The hull from the waterline down was encapsulated with fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin. Several barrier coats of epoxy primer were applied to the bottom followed by 2 full coats of anti-fouling bottom paint. Topsides and house were finished in high quality LP paint. Decking is tongue-and-groove planked with teak planking over the top. All new stainless steel deck hardware installed to include the S/S rub rail, Foredeck hatch, Anchor Roller, hawse pipe, chainplates, and stem fittings.
- Tiller steering for keel hung rudder. Cockpit seating for 4 adults with 2 custom lightweight fiberglass storage compartments and 2 fiberglass ice chests. A sealed cockpit floor pan is installed covered with teak grating. The cockpit and ice chests drain into a sump for overboard pump out.
- Spars & Rigging
- Both masts being of a box design were opened to expose the internal area. The entire length of the masts were internally reinforced with unidirectional fiberglass for additional strength and laminated back together with epoxy resin. All spars were stripped to bare wood and coated with multiple coats of high quality spar varnish. The standing and running rigging have been completely replaced with new stainless wire and yacht braid. 4 new Lewmar winches were installed for sail handling.
- Electric marine toilet w/ FRP holding tank. Dual FRP water tanks with sink & pump. 12VDC & 110 VAC electrical panel with voltmeters, main and individual circuit breakers. Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio. 20 Amp battery charger, AC & DC outlets, and 20 amp shore power receptacle. 1 group 27 deep cycle battery for house loads and 2 installed for propulsion. Lightweight foam cored interior cabinetry
- My name is Dave Millett and I have over 25 years experience in both power and sail - let me help you make your boat dreams a reality. Fast, fun, and easy is what you will experience with me. Call 714-260-5901 to start your new lifestyle now. Email me too at D.Millett@DenisonYachtSales.com