The Dufour 34E thinks big. She represents the best of Dufour’s commitment to building the best high-performance sail bots in the world. Produced from years of research and development of this specific model, comes an award-winning model that produces elegant interior spaces, a noble exterior, and a hull capable of winning every race she enters.
The Dufour 34E boasts styling very similar to those of the Dufour 45: sleek lines that reveal an athletic personality. The oversized portholes provide volumes of lighting throughout all interior spaces.
The new Dufour 34E contains a fully-redesigned helm console and cockpit layout. The sizeable coach roof, wide side decks and large open cockpit make getting around easier for the crew on race day, and entertaining friends and family on long weekends. Her elegant, discreet and practical bathing spaces on-deck opens onto the sea for easy sun bathing.
The Dufour 34E proves that it is very possible to experience the excitement of high performance sailing in complete comfort. Consistent with Dufour's long-standing reputation, the Dufour 34E features a very spacious aft cabin fitted out with ample and intelligently designed storage spaces. The atmosphere is cozy, warm and filled with light. Her interior is built with real wood rarely found in the competition’s production yachts. As soon as you enter her Salon, you’ll know you’ve found a yacht unlike any other in the marina.
Her high-quality grains, hand-made cabinets, plush soft-goods are borrowed from a different era of European yacht-building.
Behind the walls, you will be at peace, knowing all electrical systems, plumbing, and structural processes have been done right. Wiring is clearly labeled, plumbing fits and doesn’t leak, and bulkheads are built to last.
The new Dufour 34E is a modern sailing yacht, equipped to compete in the most professional regattas or to experience the comfortable life of a family cruise in total safety.
- Ballast: 3,850 lbs
- Total Power: 19
- All joinery work is in prime Moabi mahogany, with fiddles, mouldings and framings in solid wood. All Cabin doors have a blocking system which keeps doors open where required. Soles are in Moabi laminated floor boards. Saloon cushions and cabin mattresses have removable covers. The upper cabin linings are in Moabi wood, the bottom in cream vinyl. Saloon has Large settees. Cushions made out of foam with washable covers. Stowage under seats and behind backrests. Stowage lockers with doors and bookshelf above the settee. Saloon table with bottle rack in the centre, fiddles and incorporated cutlery drawer. Stainless steel mast pillar. Very good ventilation ensured by 5 deck hatches with integrated ventilators and opening port-lights (3 or 4). Roller blinds for deck hatches. Mosquito screens. Lighting is completed by 2 fixed coachroof port-lightsand 2 fixed hull port-lights. Electric lighting provided by numerous spotlights and reading lights. 2 blue lights on floor.
- Aft Cabin
- Double berth approximately 200cm(6' 6") in length. 10cm (4") thick mattress with washable cover. Large hanging locker. Shelf with sea-fiddle over berth. Access behind engine, oddments tray on top. Battery switches on vertical area between cabin and engine compartment.
- Forward Cabin
- Large side berth approx. 200cm. 10cm thick foam mattress with washable cover. Access to stowage locker under berth. Full length shelf with sea-fiddle over berth alongside the hull. Large hanging locker with shelve. Access to navigation instrument transducers.
- Deck / Fittings
- Wooden handrails on coachroof. Wooden toerail on hull-deck joint. Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, cover with locking bolt. Stemhead fitting with removable anchor roller. Pulpit in two separate parts with separate green/ red navigation lights. Asymmetrical spinnaker tack ring ahead of forestay. Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket Stanchions with 2 levels of stainless steel guard-rails. 4 Mooring cleats, stainless steel rubbing plates on sheer line 2 spring cleats. Single chainplate for cap shrouds/ aft lower shrouds including an eye for fixing extra control lines. 2 deck filler plates for water, 1 for fuel. Mainsheet track on cockpit sole with adjustable traveller. Genoa sheet track with piston lead blocks. 2 x sheet turning blocks with builtin jammer and padeye for fixing spinnaker sheet block. Aluminium mast step with return blocks. Stainless steel swan neck for electric cable gland. 3 & 5 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns to cockpit. 2 x 32.2 ST halyard winches on coachroof. 2 x 40.2 ST Genoa sheet winches on coamings close to helmsman. Clutch on toerail for Genoa furling line. Sliding companionway hatch in Plexiglass.
- Rigging / Sails / Cockpit
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed mainspreaders, rigged 9/10, deck stepped. Anchor and steaming lights. Boom topping lift cleat. Anodised aluminium boom equipped with a two single line reefing system. Genoa furler. Grounded rigging system. Continuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable and chrome plated bronze turnbuckles including: Forestay, Double backstay, cap shrouds, inter and lower shrouds. Pre-stretched running rigging including: Main and Genoa halyards, boom topping lift, Main and Genoa sheets, two reefing lines, outhaul line, furling line, boom vang tackle. Mainsail equipped with two broad reef bands, with battens and bag. Furling Genoa with anti- UV protection. Teak trimmed seats, GRP sole. Large side locker with lid fitted with padlock hasps. Rudder stock head under helmsman’s sole for installing the emergency tiller. Engine lever and control panel easily available to the helmsman.
- Engine Room / Mechanical
- Volvo 19 hp (13,8 kW). Sail-drive transmission. Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Control panel close to helmsman, with hour meter and tachometer. Alternator with battery isolator. Fuel filter with water separator. Quality sound proofing high density foam. Emergency fuel shut-off handle. Engine room ventilation blower, and 2 ventilation hoses. Two-blade fixed propeller. Access to the engine from front and both sides. Independent engine bilge.
- 2 batteries with switch for each. Alternator with battery isolator. 12 Circuit Breaker panel for 12v Circuits. 12 V DC System. 12 function switchboard. 12 V outlet at galley and switchboard. 1 x 75 Ah engine battery. 1 x 75 Ah house battery. Battery switch for each battery.
- Standard draft 1.50 m(4.9 ft), cast iron keel, bolts loads taken up by stainless steel backing plate. Optional Lead keel 1.9 M (6.2 ft).
- Hand laminated GRP Hull, vacuum bagged PVC foam core sandwich above water line. NPG Gelcoat with first layer of cloth impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis. Inner moulded hull bottom, structural framing laminated to the hull. Navy blue decorative stripes on hull and coach roof. Deck in PVC foam core sandwich, moulded by injection process (Resin Transfer Moulding) for significant weight saving and excellent interior finish. Diamond point non skid pattern on side decks and cockpit floor. Iroko FSC wood wood panels on cockpit benches and coach roof. Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxy foam. Stainless steel solid stock, on self-aligning bearings. Steering wheel system on self aligning bearings and ball bearings sheaves for a maximum of sensation and steering precision.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.