- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- REBUILT in 2002
- Number of Engines
The Cape Dory Intrepid 40 center cockpit sloop is a well known and a highly respected offshore cruiser designed by Chuck Paine. She was custom built to very high standards by Intrepid Yachts, Inc. in Massachusetts for the original owners in 1983.
This vessel was designed as a fast sailing, well built yacht to provide maximum interior accommodations for her length. She was built as a long distance, live aboard cruiser and is equipped with many modern conveniences for easy sailing.
She has had continual maintenance and upgrading by her current owners. With a cut away forefoot keel, sloop rig, pedestal steering with auto pilot, and center cockpit she has proven to be a very comfortable and seaworthy vessel.
- LWL: 32’ 9” Beam: 12’ 7” Max Draft: 6’ 0” Ballast: 20,065 pounds
- Total Power: 46
- The richly finished warm teak interior has 6 ft 4 inch head room throughout. The main salon is roomy with wide settees, large dining area, full sized forward facing nav station, and sea-going galley. There is a walk thru to the aft cabin where the cushions are designed to use regular size bed sheets and can sleep a tall man with ease. There is an ample size forward V-berth and 2 heads with showers. She has a very practical comfortable interior arrangement.
- Datamarine Depth Sounder Datamarine Knotmeter/Log W/Pedestal Pods Humming Bird Matrix 17 Fishing System Hand Held Depth Sounder Furuno Radar (24miles) (2) Garmin GPS ICOM VHF Radio W/Antenna on Mast Head Icom Handheld VHF M1V Backup Horizon VHF Radio W/Emergency Antenna Long Range, High Power Motorola Cell Phone and Exterior Antenna SGC SSB HF Radio, SGC Tuner, Split Backstay Antenna and Dyna Plate and Internal Grounding System Stereo Simrad Wheel Pilot 30 W/Remote Control Unit Ritchie Pedestal Mounted Compass W/Stainless Steel Dome Cover 12-Volt DC Circuit Breaker Panel W/Battery Voltage and Amp Meters 110-Volt AC Circuit Breaker Panel Spare Circuits AC Line Voltage Meter Tinned Copper Wiring in DC Harness Shore Power 110 Volt System and 50 ft of cable StatPower 20 True Charge Battery Charger System Statpower Prowatt 800-Watt Inverter TV Antenna on Mast (2) Seimens Solar Panels with Regulator Air Marine Wind Generator on Aluminum Pole W/Voltage Regulator 120 Amp Alternator-External Balmar Max Regulator (4) 6-Volt Golf Cart House Batteries (1) Engine Starting Battery Battery Paralleling Switch Custom FRP Battery Boxes Lightning Ground System Bonded Underwater Hardware Ample Interior Lighting International Navigation Lights
- Deck and Hull
- With a cut away forefoot keel, sloop rig, pedestal steering with auto pilot, and center cockpit she has proven to be a very comfortable and seaworthy vessel. The cockpit is large enough to seat six people comfortably. It offers high backs and seats long enough for a tall man to lie on and stretch out. It stays dry in heavy seas as it can be completed enclosed with side curtains for the dodger and bimini. Hand Laminated Fiberglass Hull W/ ½” Airex Core One Piece Molded Fiberglass Deck W/ Klegecell Core Unidirectional Laminate in Highly Stressed Areas Cut Away Forefoot Keel and Skeg Hung Rudder White Hull, Blue Boot Top, Blue Bottom Large Self-Bailing Cockpit with Teak Grate Anti-Fouling Bottom Paint W/Epoxy Barrier coat Protected Propeller External Lead Ballast: 7500 Lbs. Blue Cockpit Dodger Bimini W/Full Enclosure Hot and Cold Pressurized Shower in Cockpit Teak Outboard Motor Bracket on Stern Rail (2) Companionway Hatches W/Sea hoods Chain Locker Storage for (2) Anchor Rodes Large Custom Designed Teak Swim Platform (New 2004) Stainless Steel Swim Ladder mounted on Platform Full Deck Sunbrella Sun Shade (New 2006) Closed Cell Foam Textiline Covered Cockpit Cushions(7) Stainless Steel and Teak Bow Sprint W/(2) Bowsprit Anchor Rollers Electric Anchor Windlass W/Deck Switch Bruce 44 CQR 44 Fortress 35 Sea Water Deck/Anchor Wash Down System
- Sails and Rigging
- NEW Main sail July 2007 Hood Stoway Mast System Hood Stoway Mainsail W/ Duroseam (W/O Insignia) Keel Stepped Mast Lee 130 Roller Furling Genoa W/Duroseam and Blue Sun Shield Harkin Jib Unit-II Furling System (1999) Hood Cruising Spinnaker and Snuffer Hood Light Air Drifter (2) Clear Anodized Aluminum Spinnaker poles
- Additional Equipment
- Bosons Chair Flotation Cockpit Cushions–Blue Textiline (4) Caframo Cabin Fans 110v AC Receptacles Edson Outboard Engine lift 10 ft Hard Bottom AB Dinghy W/Sun Cover 15 HP Yamaha Engine (3) Scuba Tanks (In Hygro) Color TV with DVD and VCR Players Full Tower Computer, 200 GB HD, 3 DVD and CD Drives, 17 in Flat Screen, Flatbed Scanner, Printer, 1 Hour UPS and Software included (also interfaced to GPS and SSB) Large Inventory of Spare Parts and Tools Large Inventory of Manuals for Equipment including Perkins Engine Parts and Maintenance Manual
- Coast Guard Gear Including Fenders, Dock Lines, Lifejackets, Flares, Boat Hook and Bell (4) Fire Extinguishers Emergency Tiller Double Lifelines W/Offshore Pelican Hooks Tall Offshore Stanchions W/Reinforced Bases Molded-In Bulwarks (2) Large Scuppers in Cockpit Sole High Capacity Manual Bilge Pump Mounted in Cockpit (2) Large Electric Bilge Pumps Stainless Steel Stove Surround Stove Sea Rail W/Harness Clips Radar Reflector Interior and Exterior Grab Rails International Navigation Lights Lightning Ground System Bonded Underwater Hardware U.L. Listed Sea cocks
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.