- 70 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
70-foot Constellation Catamaran, nearly complete, can be easily viewed at the yard in Key West, FL.
This sailing yacht, designed by Walter Schurtenberger from Constellation Yachts, is a very fast, comfortable and spacious long distance cruiser. With blue water passage-making in mind, she is equipped with every imaginable amenity. True to the conceptual design, she combines high performance sailing with comfort and luxury.
This is a very HIGH TECH boat built with the most modern lightweight materials - Carbon fiber and glass fiber over foam core and honeycomb core using ONLY EPOXY RESINS. Compare this to production Catamarans which use polyester resins.
This yacht is capable of sailing in any waters or conditions of the world or around the world.
- The concept is to have a beautiful and luxurious yacht, while at the same time minimizing the maintenance and upkeep. For this reason there is no teak decking on the outside and they have used the highest quality two-part polyurethane paint. The windows are made of tempered glass and will never scratch. All deck hardware is top of the line from Harken and Lewmar. The vessel's interior is entirely finished in Honduras Mahogany and Anegre. All flooring and horizontal surfaces are bamboo. All overhead and ceilings are finished with marine grade fabric. The entire vessel is fully air-conditioned and heated with individual temperature control in each cabin Salon with upholstered settee, mahogany coffee table, 2 custom arm chairs & optional 40" LCD TV that retracts into the ceiling Galley with, mahogany counter tops, 36" household size Bosch refrigerator / freezer with ice maker, water & ice dispenser, 4-burner Bosch electric stove, Bosch convection oven / microwave, Bosch dishwasher & double sink, lots of storage Mahogany dining table & 6 custom chairs Nav Station with full size chart table and large instrument board, breaker panel, space for 2 or 3 LCD displays & additional electronics 1 Master Cabin with a king size bed, hanging locker, closet, vanity with drawers, private bathroom with glass sink and 6-jet shower tower, and a head with Duo-Flush system Office with desk, filing cabinets & library adjacent to master cabin 1 Guest Cabin with a king size bed, hanging locker, closet, vanity with drawers, private bathroom with glass sink and 6-jet shower tower, and a head with Duo-Flush system 2 Guest Cabins each with a queen size bed, hanging locker, vanity with drawers, private bathroom with glass sink and 6-jet shower tower, and a head with Duo-Flush system Laundry room with Bosch washer & Bosch dryer, linen lockers and ironing surface. LED lighting throughout the boat Pressure Water System hot & cold throughout
- Sails and Rigging
- Total area upwind 2752 square feet, Total area downwind 4302 square feet. Mainsail (1498 sq.ft) jib/Solent (887 sq.ft) Staysail (367 sq.ft) Spinnaker (1550 sq.ft) Cutter rig with 2 roller furlers and 2 reefs in mainsail Carbon fiber Mast. Carbon fiber Boom Technora Halyards, Sheets & Vangs Mainsail (fully battened) Solent & Staysail Radial cut 13-oz PBO cloth, made by Calvert Sails Special windlass to hoist mainsail Stow-Away Sail covers & Lazy-Jacks Spinnaker with Sock made by Calvert Sails
- Functionality and ease of handling were kept in mind. There are two helm stations outside and one inside at the chart table. All ropes and lines lead to both port and starboard helm, meaning that the vessel can be operated from either helm. The lay-out of the deck is such that she can be singlehanded by an experienced sailor. 21Kw Phasor generator Dual Helm Stations
- GPS with chart reader Radar Depth Sounder Wind instruments Auto Pilot 2 KHG Electronic Compass (no variation) VHF Radio
- 8 Harken winches 2 Harken roller furling Harken bat car system 1 Harken main sheet track 4 Harken jib sheet tracks Harken blocks & sheaves 2 Maxwell anchor windlass 1 Maxwell mainsail windlass 66 lbs Bruce & 75 lbs Delta (both with 150’ chain) 12 Lewmar Hatches
- Hulls: Glass fiber and Carbon fiber combined with AirEx foam core, 1¼” hull thickness Decks: Glass fiber and carbon fiber combined with Plascore honeycomb core, 1” deck thickness Structure: Glass fiber and Carbon fiber combined with AirEx foam core, 1½” bulkhead thickness Fwd Crossbeam: Carbon fiber beam with carbon fiber seagull striker and carbon fiber tensile strap, carbon fiber bowsprit
- "Green Boat" Option
- We have the option to equip this vessel as a "Green Boat". This means that all equipment on the vessel and all appliances would be running on solar power and wind power without the need to run a generator.