Imagine a craft that's equally adept at sailing at or above wind-speed and motoring at up to 15 knots. A craft with a stable 18' beam that easily retracts to a trailer-able 8'6". Imagine a craft that is engineered and built using the latest technology resulting in a super-light, incredibly strong laminate. Now imagine that craft is trailer-able, enabling you to create new adventures on cruising grounds you have always dreamed of sailing. In broad strokes, these are the qualities of the Telstar 28 Trimaran.
This one owner Telstar was shipped with almost every avalalbe option including the taller mast and performance sail package, and then further upgraded by her owner who has cruised her to the Chesapake, Bahamas, Keys, and Gulf Coast. No longer in production, these well concieved tralerable tri's offer the ulltimate in cruising fun and flexibilty at a super affordable price.
I was present for the factory commissoning and sea trial of Torreya and have had the pleasure of saling aboard her many times since. She moves extremely well in the lightest of airs, and when the wind picks up the fun really begins.
TORREYA is priced to sell and will not be on the market long.... don't miss your chance!
- Torreya Specifications
- 28' Performance Cruising Telstar 28 Year: 2006 (Hull 345) Hull Material: Fiberglass Engine/Fuel Type: Single Gas This one owner Deluxe Spec. Telstar 28 has every option available including the 2’ taller mast option. Easy conversion of 18' beam retracts to 8'6" and mast which is easy to drop by a single person. Has 1' draft with keel raised. Boat is swift and fun to handle. Great Couples sailboat for and is the ultimate adventure boat for trailering to exotic sailing destinations. Dimensions LOA 27'6" LWL 26'6" Width 18', Retracts to 8'6" for Trailering Draft (minimum) 1' Board Down 4'3" Mast Height (above water) 43' Accommodations The Telstar 28 features comfort below with a surprisingly large cabin and nice amenities. Seats four at expandable table for dining. Sleeps four, 2 singles, 1 convertible double. Galley has two burner gimbaled propane stove. 2 Sinks (Galley, Head) with hand pumped water. Large Nav table with electrical panel above. Private marine head forward. Sails The sails are all in great shape. Laminate 250 sq ft Mainsail with Cover Laminate Furling Genoa 274 sq ft Scheafer Roller Furling Screacher for light air sailing. Bow Sprit w/ 4’ extendable Spinnaker Pole Engines Honda BF 20 4 Stroke outboard, new EFI version. Elect Start, Tilt/Trim, Tachometer Fuel (GAS) 6 Gallon Plastic 3.5 Gallon Plastic Fuel Water Separator Ground Tackle/ Docking 3-10” Dia Fenders Dock Lines (2-15’, 1-20’ 1-30’) 14lbs Lewmar Delta with 50’ 14lb Danforth Electronics Raymarine ST60 Wind and Tri-data Instruments Raymarine VHF Autopilot Raymarine ST1000 plus tiller pilot Garmin GPS with Nav Chips (SE US, Bahamas, West FL) Lighted compass AM/FM CD Radio with Speakers Pro Sport 12 dual bank battery charger 110 AMP shore power, two outlets & shore power cord Batteries 2-80 AMP AGM Plumbing 12 gallon Freshwater tank (Built In) 8 Gallon Holding tank with Macerator Cock Pit Shower Safety Lifeline Sling US Coastguard Red’d Flares, Horn 2-B-1 Fire Extinguishers Some additional features of this trimaran are: Venture Twin axle trailer (New Brakes /Overhaul Fall 2011) Screens for ports and openings Deluxe Interior Cushions Fans Single line mast raising and lowering system Swim Ladder 7’ Achilles Dinghy Misc. Sail hardware & equipment
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The T2 surpasses the challenge of combining optimal hull shapes, a performance rig, a convenient deck arrangement, and roomy cockpit - all with a large and comfortable interior arrangement. Sailors stepping inside the main salon are immediately taken with the light and airy interior thanks to the wide portlight array of windows and two overhead Bomar hatches. In addition, the substantial gangway with two steps makes entering and exiting, even with gear, sure and easy. Sailors will also appreciate a rather uncommon trait among trimarans this size; a full 6' of headroom. The centerpiece of the T28's salon is a teakwood table with comfortable seating for six adults. Up front, a separate head with shower provides privacy and extra storage. Additional storage is available on the port side of the centerboard case, integrated bins on the main bulkhead, galley storage, navigation station storage, and beneath the cockpit. The outriggers also supply another major storage area. Whether you?re out for a day sail or a long weekend, the T2's galley makes it easy to produce an organized meal for you and your crew. There's plenty of countertop area and the main table is within passing distance. A stainless steel sink with hand-pump faucet provides access to 30 gallons of fresh water. The two-burner propane stove with broiler provides a surprising amount of versatility in preparing hot meals. There's also a good amount of galley storage with slide cabinets above and bin storage under and behind the stove. For extra canned storage, there's a perfect nook on the port-side of the centerboard case. An optional 12-volt cooler can be installed in the locker opposite the galley or simply make use of a larger cooler stored on the port side of the centerboard case. For grill-chefs, the stainless-steel along the cockpit makes a prime spot for attaching your propane grill. The main hull design on the T2 is based on the proven hull-shape of the Gemini 105Mc catamaran.The 8-to-1 beam, tear-drop shape enables the bow to slice through waves with minimal effort while still maintaining good load-carrying capability further aft. A low rocker design on the main hull also minimizes pitching, providing smoother, faster performance. The T2's outrigger hulls evolved from the original Telstar outrigger hulls, only wider and longer with a 15-to-1 beam-to-length ratio.The semi-circular outrigger hull shapes taper to wave-piercing bow and submersible transom to reduce drag. With a 5' dead-rise from the keel, the outrigger shape also provides excellent lifting force to keep the T2 close to the wind.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Edwards Yacht Sales on Facebook Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask your EYS broker for details. Financing available at 4.9% Contact Tom Morton at (904)377-9446 Tom@EdwardsYachtSales.com . Click here to search for more Multihulls