- 43 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Best Boat for the dollar you will find! Better than New! This 43 Hatteras Aft Cabin Motor Yacht 1979 was completely restored and updated between 2007 and 2009, yet still a classic!
Awlgripped hull and topsides, E-120 Raymarine fully integrated suite of Electronics at both helms, totally upgraded electrical system with auto-sensing power control system, teak and holley soles throughout, new plumbing and fixtures, new galley appliances, re-powered with twin Yanmar 370hp diesels, MasPower Yanmar 8kw GenSet, new soft-goods, plus, plus, plus. The moment you see the electrical panels, helm electronics, or the engine room, you’ll know you are on a very special classic yacht loaded with state-of-the-art technology. Nearly every electrical, electronic, mechanical, and plumbing system on this yacht was replaced in the last 3 years with over $500,000 invested in the refit. All the teak and holley flooring is new and the teak walls in the Master Stateroom were replaced.
How Nice features a completely enclosed and air-conditioned pilothouse with interior access to the Flybridge. The lower helm has a deluxe Stidd leather helm chair and both helms are equipped with a fully integrated E-120 Color Raymarine GPS Chartplotter and radar, digital depth finder, autopilot, rudder indicators, Yanmar instrumentation, compass, and VHF. If you want fresh air, the hardtop-covered Flybridge has three Stidd Captain’s Chairs and a commanding view of your surroundings. In the pilothouse you’ll find a wet bar and two built-in custom L-shaped settees on each side aft of the wing doors with angled Corian tables for dining or lounging.
When you enter the Salon you’ll find a new L-shaped custom leather sofa, the warm glow of a varnished teak and holly sole, custom teak drawers, breakfast bar, and an updated entertainment center with LCD TV. The size, amount of storage, and accommodations in both Staterooms are exceptional. The heads are spacious and updated with new Tecma electric toilets and LectraSan Waste Treatment Systems that will make you feel like you’re at home. The space and appliances in the Galley are a boater’s dream. This yacht is a one-of-a-kind must see; you won’t be disappointed!
UPDATE: In August 2011, How Nice was hauled and has fresh bottom paint, a new condenser in the Salon Air Conditioning system, and the hull was buffed and waxed. She's standing tall and ready to go cruising!
- Enter the air-conditioned Pilothouse of this 1979/2008 Hatteras 43 Aft Cabin Motor Yacht through either of the two wing doors from the wide side decks and the warm glow of varnished teak cabinetry and epoxy-coated teak and holley sole will take you back to a bygone era of luxury yachting. In addition to the Stidd custom leather and teak trimmed helm seat forward to starboard, there is ample L-shaped cushioned bench seating for your entire crew on each side of the pilothouse with custom Corian tables that are suitable for dining or cocktails. The ladder leading to the Flybridge Helm is aft, and forward to port is a Wet Bar. The companionway entrance to the Main Salon is forward down three teak steps on to the epoxy-coated teak and holley sole. The new Electrical Panel is conveniently located behind the companionway stairs. Turn to Port, and down several stairs is the Master Stateroom with ensuite head. This beautifully decorated room has a queen size walk-around bed, reading lights, custom bedding with matching drapes, two cushioned side benches for lounging, all new teak varnished walls and epoxy-coated teak and holley flooring. There is plenty of storage space in eight drawers and two hanging lockers. The forward hanging locker cleverly provides easy-access to the back of the main electrical panel with a full-sized hinged door. There is an LCD flat screen TV and you’ll have your choice of natural or Halogen lighting, updated opening side ports and a transom-mounted, translucent frosted Bowmar escape hatch. The Master Stateroom includes your own private Head with full-size Tecma toilet, LectrSan Treatment System, enclosed shower, Corian counter tops on the vanity, Bowmar opening deck hatch, and custom embroidered towels. Positioned aft of the salon; this Stateroom is very private. Going forward in the salon, to port is a large custom L-shaped leather sofa with drawer storage under the seat and an end table. Opposite are two teak cushioned chairs, a side table with storage cabinets and in the aft corner, an entertainment center with a Phillips LCD flat screen TV. Forward to starboard is a Breakfast Bar with Corian countertop overlooking the galley with two cushioned teak bar chairs. In addition to updated air conditioning systems, and recessed lighting, there are two large Bowmar opening deck hatches. The sparkling-clean engine room is easily accessed via a hatch in the center of the salon and there is plenty of space between systems to please you and your mechanic. Moving forward down two steps, the Galley features a teak-paneled GE full-size refrigerator-freezer with ice-maker, under-cabinet lighting, Princess stove and oven, SS sink, LG microwave, plenty of storage cabinets and drawers, as well as lots of natural lighting and ventilation from deck hatches and large side windows when you don’t need the air conditioning. Next to the Galley is the Guest Head with updated vanity with Corian countertop, teak walls, plenty of cabinets, epoxy-coated teak and holley sole, mirrored ceiling, Tecma electric full-size toilet, LectraSan Treatment System, and separate full-size shower stall. All the way forward is the Guest Stateroom with large V-Berth that can be used as twin berths or joined with filler cushions to make one large bed. There are plenty of teak cabinets and drawers and a TV with a writing or vanity table and teak chair. In addition to updated air conditioning systems, there is an updated Bowmar opening deck hatch.
- Lower Helm
- Air conditioned helm. Stidd leather & teak-trimmed helm chair. Raymarine E-120 color chartplotter & radar. Raymarine ST-60 digital depth finder. Raymarine ST8001auto pilot. Raymarine VHF radio and speaker. NavPod system for electronics. Z-F electronic controls. Ritchie compass. Full Yanmar instrumentation. Remote windlass control. Remote spot light control. Two L-Shaped settees with angled Corian tables. Solid wing doors to deck and aft door to swim platform. Corian counter and wet bar w/sink. Great visibility from the helm. Stainless ship wheel.
- Fly Bridge
- 3 Stidd captain’s chairs. Raymarine E-120 color Chartplotter & radar. Raymarine ST8001 auto pilot. Raymarine ST-60 digital depth finder. Raymarine VHF radio w. DSC. Yanmar instruments. ZF electronic shift. Raritan rudder angle indicator. Ritchie compass. Full vinyl and Sunbrella enclosures. Hardtop with Bowmar hatches. Teak dash. Pioneer CD/stereo. NavPod system for electronics.
- Hull and Deck
- Awlgripped in 2006 from the hull up to the hard top on the bridge. New bow pulpit with Simpson Lawrence 12V Windlass with 3-station remote switches. Bowmar opening deck hatches & transom escape hatch. Hardtop and vinyl enclosures for Flybridge Enclosed aft deck with ladder to swim platform. Delta plow, 25# Anchor with 150-foot anchor chain. Extra lines, fenders, charts.
- Engine Room
- Twin Yanmar 370 hp 6LYA-STP Diesels with new ZF gears, shafts, struts, rudders, tabs, and props. Dual Racor fuel filters for each engine and GenSet. 3 CruiseAir air conditioning systems. Tecma/Raritan treatment heads. 12V Bilge pumps. Glendenning cable retrieve system. Water and Fuel Tanks.
- Electrical System
- MasPower Yanmar GenSet, 8 kw (100 Hours), in metal sound box. AC & DC Electrical breaker panels with Voltage & Amp meters Completely rewired with marine tinned wiring, and labeled. 50-amp cable with Glendenning cable retrieves. Sentry 60-amp battery charger. (4) Gel batteries. ISO Auto-sensing booster power 50-amp Electrical controller. 12-volt system.