- 170 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
MUST BE SOLD THIS MONTH>>>> DRASTIC PRICE DROP
Must be quick sale at this price!
This "go anywhere" 170' Collingwood Expedition ship is a great charter platform or worldwide expedition yacht, or whatever you can dream up!
Recent update.... The ship is now "in class" as a commercial vessel! IOE has just completed another yard visit and is back in-class and ready for turn-key operations. Recent work includes bottom plates and frames renewed. Also in process is obtaining the passenger boat Solas 2010 certificates and an official registry to 2010 refit status. This status is important as it is a way to avoid all the problems you have with ships older than 20 years and almost unherad of these days for a vessel in this price range. This status will be certified by class as the ship has received such an extensive refit with class surveys since 2010. Call for more information.
She holds 26,500 gal of fuel (100,000 liters) and 5,500 gallons of water (20,000 liters plus watermaker) for truly worldwide range. With her reliable Fairbanks engines and 12-knot cruise she has the range to get you anywhere in a relatively quick and stable passage. Room for 25 passengers and up to a crew of 15; this ship represents a true value in today's market. With a 2010 refit, this substantial ship is well suited to continue working with the public and/or as a private or corporate platform in seas around the world. The ship spent most of its life in fresh water! The 2010 refit objective was to transform the vessel to a true Expedition Ship equipped and prepared to cruise up to 2 months on the high seas without land support. (The main profile picture is outdated, new exterior pictures are coming soon. The hull is being painted at this time. All of the interior pictures are very recent.)
In 2010, the two main engines were removed from the ship and have been entirely overhauled and are considered by her owners to be "brand new" condition. She now has very low hours and is set to go for many, many years of service. Further, in order to secure future repairs and maintenance, a third complete engine has been bought as a spare and is now stored in the engine room. Other areas of concentration during the refit of 2010: All three generators have been replaced with new economic and quiet Caterpillar units, all new air conditioning systems, two large watermaker units and new bathroom upgrades with stone and plumbing fixtures have also been installed as well as new flooring throughout. The aft deck has been redesigned for much more space for lounging or dive activities. The lounge/bar in the forward area was expanded as was the bridge deck. This work was performed in Jacksonville, Florida.
Please click on full specs for more information or call today to arrange your private showing.
IOE is now in-class, SOLAS 2010 certified and ready for Commercial Operations!
Major Price Reduction 02/21/13! Bring Offers!
- Length: 160' (48m) , Breadth: 35' 0' (10,5m) Draft S.W.: 10' 2'' (3m) Gross Tonnage: 961 tons , Net Tonnage: 307 tons Fuel Consumption: 3.8 tons MGO /24 hrs in operation full speed Propulsion: 2 x Fairbanks Morse 38D8 5 cylinders, 1660 Hp for both, completely overhauled 2010 Power supply : 2 x Cat C4.4 100kW, 1 x Cat C4.4 45kW, 1 x Paxman 145kW Cruising Speed: 11 knots Fuel capacity: 26,500 gal (100 000 liters), Water capacity: 5,500 gal (20 000 liters)?
- History and Current Refit
- Built in 1966 by Collingwood Shipyard on special request of the Canadian Coast Guard Dept, she (GSV Nicollet) was first used as a sounding vessel in the lakes and rivers of north Canada in extreme cold conditions. In 1997 she was sold to a private canadian company and refitted as a 44 passenger vessel. From 1998 to 2004 MV Echo des Mers was the support of Whales watching trips on the St Laurence River. The company stopped its activity and she was sold, then moored, in the St John's River in north Florida in 2007. In 2009 she was acquired by Aldabra Business Company Ltd, partner of Indian Ocean Explorer Cruise ltd in order to replace its former ship to support cruises and expeditions to remote Islands in the east part of the Indian Ocean and Mozambique Channel. The 2010 refit objective was to transform the vessel to a true Expedition Yacht equipped and prepared to cruise up to 2 months at high sea without land support. The two main engines have been entierly overhauled and can is considered by her owners to be in brand new condition! In order to secure future repairs and maintenance, a third complete engine has been bought as a spare and is now stored within the ship. 3 generators have been replaced with new economic and quiet Caterpillar units, A/C units, watermakers units and new toilet systems have also been installed. Passenger cabins have been reduced from 19 to 13 (25 passengers) in order to get more space for leisure. The vessel has been equipped with 3 brand zodiacs and one flat boat to facilitate landing on islands. The owners report a total interior area dedicated to passengers is about 5000 sq meters (500m2), or 53,800 sq feet. On the 2 decks dedicated to fishing, diving and relaxation are about 3000 sqf (300m2) or about 32,300 sqare feet. One large swim platform was built to provide a safe and large access to the fishing and diving deck.
- Accommodations for up to 25 guests in 13 cabins, CREW maximum capacity is 15; Safe manning for vessel operation is 8 crew according to owner. Additional on-board areas include two dining rooms; lounge; reading room; complete and well equipped galley. The whole of the interior layout and design have been totally rebuilt in 2010 in a contemporary and comfortable style, in wooden and pastel tones. The new interior design shows that a special care was granted to the choice of materials and lightings in order to answer to our guests' desires : 80 inches (200 cm) long berths, en-suite private bathrooms beautifully tiled, exotic wood floorings, storage areas. The interior area dedicated to passengers is composed of 13 cabins, divided in 3 categories (VIP(1), Comfort and Standard), 2 dining rooms, a huge lounge-bar, a massage room and a business center. 3 Standard Cabins are on the Lower Deck at the back of the ship, including 2 Triple cabins and 1 Twin. The cabins, entirely wood-floored, are equipped with single berths, a sink, and various storage spaces. These cabins share 2 big bathrooms fully tiled. Eight Cabins are on the Main Deck at the front of the ship, including 6 Twin cabins and 2 Double, all of them equipped with 80'' long berths, exotic wood flooring, and designed in a contemporary style. Cabin furniture include a chest of drawers, a cupboard, and 4 under-berth drawers. Each Comfort cabin is fully air-conditionned and has its own bathroom, fully tiled. Two VIP Cabins are on the Upper Deck. They have been designed in order to bring an utmost comfort and quality to the guests wishing a luxury yachting style accomodation. Beautifully equipped with Mahogany flooring, Plantation shutters, an elegant Queen size bed with its Leather headboard, 2 chests of drawers, a leather armchair, a classy lighting set, these VIP cabins actually convey a luxury atmosphere in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Some further equipments include an individual remote controlled air-conditionning system, a mini-bar fridge, an LCD screen with a Blue Ray DVD reader. The en-suite bathroom, beautifully tiled with Black Peddles and Brazilian Slate, is equipped with an amazing Spa shower. Two Dining Rooms are on the Main Deck, in the middle of the ship. Very spacious and floored with Tigerwood, they are equipped with Boat style table (for 2, 4, 6 or 8 people), Plantation Shutters. Designed in light and Ebony colors, with Onyx topped buffets, they convey a contemporary and cosy atmosphere. A refrigerated Wine cave will enable guests to taste the finest wines. These 2 dining rooms can welcome up to 40 guests at the same time. A Lounge Bar, very spacious (more than 500 sqf - 50 m2), is on the Upper Deck, at the front of the ship. It has been designed in order to be the most relaxing and friendly area in the ship. The Bamboo flooring, light colors on the walls, contrast with the various Brown/Leather and Ivory colors which convey the wished contemporary atmosphere. The furniture include Plantation shutters, a huge leather like sofa, ottomans and Ebony side tables, harmonizing different materials and colors. In the central part of the lounge is the bar, including an African Red granite countertop, a refrigerated wine cave, a beer dispenser, a Vodka freezer, and an Espresso coffee machine. Guests will also enjoy the wide LCD screen with a Blue Ray DVD reader, giving access to the ship multimedia server, as well as to the Internet network through the Inmarsat station on board. The massage room is on the Lower Deck, next to the Standard Cabins. Very spacious, it is equipped with a professional massage table and a range of equipments conveying a relaxing atmosphere. The business center is on the Main Deck, close to the dining rooms. It is equipped with a computer, a printer, a LAN Internet access and a WIFI network. The Diving Deck, very spacious (about 700 sqf - 70 m2) is equipped with a thick Technical coater, shock-resistant, and anti-slippery. The diving gear and compressors are in a technical room opening on the diving deck. A wide and comfortable ladder leads to the swim platform (150 sqf - 15m2). A Leisure Deck on the Upper Deck at the back of the ship, above the Diving Deck, offers a wide area,close to 2000 sqf (200 m2), beautifully equipped with 10 lounge chairs with thick and comfortable mattresses. The ideal place to rest in between two activities. The Diving Gear, which has been essentially chosen from AQUALUNG 2009/10 Catalog, includes 13 x 5mm Aquaflex wetsuits, 6 Pro QD BCDs, 6 Aqualung Calypso Octopus, 20 x 12 l steel tanks, 5 x 15 l steel tanks, all of them equipped with DIN/Yoke fittings. Aqualung Express fins, Aqualung masks and snokels. One Poseidon MKVI CCR will also be available with pre-loaded absorbent cartridge. The filling station is composed of 2 BAUER 12m3/h at 4 000 PSI (300b) compressors linked to a Nitrox Nuvair membrane. Air and Nitrox are stored in 300b tanks of 90m3 capacity each. A Haskel booster has been settled separately, for the filling of oxygen and helium tanks at 200b. The Re-compressing Chamber is located inside the ship, on the Main Deck, after the Comfort Cabins, hence protected from weather alterations. This is a therapeutic treatment chamber with a sas, accommodating 2 divers. It is connected to the filling station reserves and also to a security tank next to the chamber. The passenger area (except the Lounge Bar and VIP cabins) is fully air-conditionned by two water cooled A/C unit of 400000 BTU. The air-conditionning system on board is global, except in VIP Cabins and in the Lounge Bar which possess their own individual air-contionning system (100000 BTU). The ship has a 500kb Internet reachable through Ethernet or WIFI point located on the Main and Upper Deck. A multimedia server is also reachable from the ship's network. LCD screens are equipped with DVD and Blue Ray readers in the Lounge Bar and VIP Cabins. The ship has 20 tons water tanks and two water-makers producing altogether 10 tons of water a day. Domestic water is filtered and then sanitized thanks to a UV filter. The 400 sqf (40 m2) galley is equipped with professional cooking gear and can welcome up to 4 cooks to feed up to 40 guests and 20 crew. It has 2 cold stores and 1 deep cold room. Secondary refrigerators and freezers are also stored inside as a security redundancy measure. The ship is equipped with two independent toilet systems with either vacuum or gravity. Each system has been entirely re-built in 2010, including new water economy technologies. The grey and black waters can be stored in specific tanks in order to answer current legislations applied in preserved marine parks. The laundry is equipped with 3 washing machines and 2 drying machines with high capacity. Further to the usual bathroom towel sets available in the cabins, Bridge bath towels are available for the passengers on the Diving and Leisure Decks. Power supply is 115v (60 Hz) and 230v (60Hz), US style plugs.
- Power supply : 2 x Cat C4.4 100kW, 1 x Cat C4.4 45kW, 1 x Paxman 145kW
- Equipped with a 2 men hyperbaric chamber and can accomodate commercial divers or scientific divers in respect of regulations.? Tenders : Equipped with 3 Zodiac Avon Adventure Open 580 ribs with a 2 strikes 90 HP Yamaha engine, and 1 Key Largo 176 flatboat with rear platform equipped with a 70 HP Yamaha engine.
- Engine & Mechanical Area
- Totally Overhauled , MAINS are Fairbanks-Morse opposed piston diesels, model 38D8 1/8 reversing HD 2-stroke cycle marine diesels. PROPS: One L.H and one R.H. model 560H Hindmarch/Berg controllable pitch. New economic and quiet Caterpillar units, A/C units, watermakers units and new toilet systems have also been installed.
- Other Comments
- This is a small cruise vessel that can transport you in comfort and safety to destinations inaccessible to most cruise vessels, allowing intimate contact with the environment. With its 960 tons , it is small enough to go where large ships can't and enough large to offer comfort, stability and security. The size of the ship, being able to accommodate passengers very comfortably, is perfect. Not too big, but still large enough to provide the passengers with a secure feeling. The dining rooms, salonbar, business room and massage room are just right for an expedition-style of voyage where the participants don't spend too much time in their cabins. The best of the two worlds!
- Any of owners' personal items left on board, including any items not listed in the specifications, are not included with the sale of the vessel.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- This vessel is a central agency listing of Sarasota Yacht & Ship