It is always a thrill to embark on the design of a new vessel, but when that vessel is intended to attract the most sophisticated purchasers - usually those with considerable experience of owning prestige vessels - the challenge is especially welcome.
For Riviera, the creation of the 61 Enclosed Flybridge was an opportunity to utilize Riviera's knowledge, talent and technology in new and exciting ways. Being such a large vessel, Riviera had the luxury of space to fully express our creativity and passion for perfection.
From the hull construction to the joinery and from the entertainment systems to the engine room, the intelligence of the design, the quality of the materials and the standard of workmanship will astonish you.
For instance, our CAD/CAM (computer aided design and manufacture) software assists our new product team to produce the optimum design. It guides the cutting of the mould plug that ultimately results in absolute precision in the manufacture of the hull, deck and flybridge.
Riviera has installed ‘quick disconnect’ wash-down fittings that allow instant pressurised water without having to turn on a tap. Yes, it is a tiny detail, but one of hundreds of tiny details and innovations that make a big difference when it comes to on-board comfort.
Similarly, the underwater exhaust system offers quieter and cleaner performance to provide you with a quiet and clean cockpit.
QL series Interceptor trim tabs are standard; operated by a push button control at the helm, the system provides superior low-drag trimming.
You can count on the Riviera 61 Enclosed Flybridge to take you away in impeccable style.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- • Optional accommodation layout- The standard accommodation offering is four cabins and three bathrooms with the master stateroom amidships, a guest stateroom forward, and two cabins on the starboard side. An optional layout is three cabins and three bathrooms, with a larger stateroom forward, an athwartships lower berth in the aft starboard cabin and the option of either a private lounge or a writing bureau in the forward stateroom in place of the fourth cabin. • Internal Staircase- The internal staircase is designed to connect the flybridge and saloon as one space, making access to the flybridge both safe and comfortable. • Enclosed Flybridge- The fully enclosed flybridge includes a flowing lounge along the port side for increased comfort and utilisation of space. The aft viewing deck has a three-seater lounge and is connected with the flybridge interior through a stainless steel awning window. An electric sunroof adds natural light. • Saloon- A large L-shaped lounge wraps around the port aft quarter of the saloon, opposite the internal staircase. A liquor cabinet with bar fridge, icemaker and electric lift glass storage feature is under the staircase. A six-seat dinette is opposite the galley, which includes all the appliances to make it a chef’s delight. • Moulded Mezzanine- Upholstered mezzanine seating provides a great viewing platform to watch the game fish action, and provides another outdoor lounging area. The cockpit is designed with wraparound side deck steps to dramatically improve access to the forward deck. For Riviera, the creation of the new 61 enclosed flybridge was an opportunity to utilise our knowledge, talent and technology in new and exciting ways.
- The flybridge is destined to become a favourite spot for socialising with family and friends. It is delightfully spacious and features huge lounges, a full wet bar with granite bench top, a sizeable (and folding) table, plus an independent audio system – one of four such systems that allow different music to be played in different on-board locations. ? On this model, Riviera opted for an especially deep flybridge overhang. This not only increases the size of the flybridge aft deck, but provides considerable shade and weather protection to the cockpit mezzanine. The internal staircase connecting the flybridge with the saloon provides an easy flow between the two areas and it makes all-weather cruising that much more comfortable – in fact it is the perfect complement to an enclosed flybridge. The same relentless attention to detail and commitment to your pleasure is to be found in the cockpit. It’s there in a new style cockpit floor, a moulded one-piece structure that is utterly watertight; it’s there in the quality of the upholstered mezzanine seating and the convenience of integrated drink holders; and it’s there in newly designed lockers and hawse holes with large mooring cleats.
- With a stainless steel framed outward opening door and large hinged out awning window, there is a smooth flow between the saloon and cockpit. This also enhances the sense of light and space within the saloon - and with the option of a front windscreen and opening side windows, you can make it even brighter and lighter. The ambience in the saloon is both elegant and highly contemporary. For example, instead of carpet at the saloon entry and foot of the internal staircase we have installed easy to clean, durable and modern Amtico flooring. The timber pelmets with their high gloss finish also add a touch of style. Incidentally, all timberwork on 61 benefits from our varnishing facility, one of the most advanced in Australia and one that produces the most flawless, mirror-like finish. When it comes to entertaining or relaxing after a hard day’s cruising or fishing, the saloon is an oasis. The lounge is enormous and clad in the finest leather, the dinette is large enough for a banquet, the lighting is subtle and sophisticated… and the inclusions are endless. There’s a liquor cabinet with bar fridge, ice maker and electric lift glass storage cabinet; ?
- And never more so than in the catering department. From the large granite benchtop to the inline water filtration system, you have an extremely well equipped and highly functional galley at your disposal. There are many ingredients to this gourmet galley, a well conceived layout and copious amounts of storage space. With its appliances like a 4 burner electric induction cook top, a 3 drawer fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Riviera's debate whether to make the 61 a three or four cabin vessel was resolved when they decided to offer you the choice: if you are likely to embark on voyages of a few days with many friends or family members, then you may prefer the four cabin option; if you envisage longer voyages with a smaller party, the three cabin option gives you the luxury of a below-deck lounge area. Both the forward and master stateroom offer the comfort of a walk-around, queen-size island bed with a quality inner spring mattress. Gas struts to the bed make the under-bed storage easy to access. You will also find ample cupboard and hanging space – and the cedar-lined lockers keep your clothing nice and fresh. The queen beds also feature a new upholstered bed-head to provide superior comfort when sitting up reading or to view your LCD TV. Should you select the three-cabin option, the increased size of the forward stateroom allows for a private lounge or writing bureau. The three-cabin configuration allows for a full height linen cupboard in the companionway and relocates the washer and dryer from the aft guest cabin into a dedicated and considerably larger utility centre, also in the companionway. The master en suite and other two bathrooms have a delightfully indulgent ambience. Marble vanity bench tops, above-bench chic porcelain bowls, quality mixer taps, leading brand shower-ware… as is the case throughout the 61, every fixture and fitting is an expression of good taste and fine craftsmanship. At the end of the day, sleeping easy comes with having confidence in your boat and the satisfaction of having made the wisest choice. That thousands of Riviera owners upgrade to another Riviera suggests that this fabulous new model will give you the soundest of sleeps.
- Electronics and Navigation
- The CAD/CAM (computer aided design and manufacture) software assists Riviera's new product team to produce the optimum design. It guides the cutting of the mould plug that ultimately results in absolute precision in the manufacture of the hull, deck and flybridge. ? In the flybridge you will also find an LCD TV, air conditioning, and the most exquisite wrap-around helm with the luxury of twin Pompanette Platinum helm chairs. An electrically operated sunroof together with the option of sliding side windows means you can also take full advantage of fine weather and fresh air. In the saloon there’s a an LCD TV and Bose Lifestyle audio system; and, just to make life that little bit easier, the opening and closing of the rod storage in the headliner is electrically operated.