More than any other of style of boat, Riviera is famous for its Flybridge range. In almost three decades Riviera has produced numerous models and literally thousands of vessels… and all the knowledge and skill acquired along the way is to be found in this exciting model.
From the creative use of space to the use of maintenance-free batteries, every tiny facet of the 38 Open Flybridge has been subject to the most rigorous consideration. The result is a vessel that inspires confidence and delivers an incomparable standard of pleasure.
For a designer, nothing is more satisfying than that which functions perfectly while being aesthetically pleasing. On this vessel examples abound: the swim platform with its cleverly integrated rail around the aft edge not only makes re-boarding easier, but looks terrific; the low-profile hardtop makes for a more sleek appearance, providing all-weather protection to the generous-sized flybridge; and the new, sweeping, tinted windscreen not only offers maximum visibility but adds to the 38’s elegant, unencumbered lines.
In keeping with the larger Flybridge models, the exhausts have been moulded into the hull design and are located underwater to minimise both fumes and noise. The pulpit also features a heavy-duty, through bowsprit anchor launch and retrieval system: similar to that used on larger models, it provides better protection to the bowsprit and a far more sophisticated look when the anchor is housed.
Few vessels of this size incorporate so many innovative features or benefit from such advanced technology. And in its class, no other vessel offers such outstanding quality.
- • Two-Cabin Accommodation- Master stateroom with island bed, mirrors, handy ‘pigeon’ lockers and ample hanging space. Individual guest cabin with pullman-style bunks. The master stateroom has ensuite access to a very stylish bathroom with inclusions like satin chrome fittings and a solid surface vanity top. • Sleek Appearance- The low-profile Light RTM (Resin Transfer Moulding process) hardtop makes for a sleeker appearance whilst allowing wider profiled weather ‘clears’ that create more internal space. • Ergonomic Helm Station- The layout is new, standard instrumentation is impressive and the high-backed helm and companion chairs and deep lounge couldn’t be more comfortable. An ideal area also, for socialising. • Spacious, Opulent Saloon- The leather lounge and dinette seating, the sense of space and light, the stylish cabinets, the American Cherrywood timberwork with its impeccable high gloss finish – the result of Riviera’s new robotic varnishing facility – offer a special ambience. • Well Appointed Galley- Extremely well equipped with top appliances, a solid surface bench-top, generous cupboard space and top load garbage bin, this area will certainly appeal to the gourmet chef. • Multi-Use Cockpit- The cockpit includes lots of storage provision, along with space for tables, chairs, a game chair, fishing gear and so on, and that huge swim platform is an ideal launch-pad for water sports. • Low Drag Hull Trimming- With the push of a button the QL Series interceptor-type trim tabs provide precise low-drag trimming of the hull, for optimum performance. • Minimum Exhaust Fumes And Noise- Moulded exhausts below the waterline dramatically minimize exhaust fumes and noise.
- The saloon is a fine example of Riviera's New Generation interior design. It’s lighter, brighter and altogether more contemporary. And the options in terms of fabrics and finishes has never been wider or more exciting. From the timber pelmets and sumptuous leather lounge to the stylish bar fridge and drinks cabinet, the ambience is both elegant and easy-going. American Cherry timber is used extensively throughout the vessel and is noteworthy for its impeccable high-gloss finish, the result of Riviera’s advanced in-house robotic varnishing facility.
- A new, low servery creates an easy and open flow between the saloon and galley – an extremely well-equipped galley it is too, with leading-brand appliances, a solid-surface benchtop, generous cupboard space and an integrated benchtop garbage bin.
- Below decks you will find a comfortable guest cabin with two berths and an impressive Master Stateroom. It boasts a large island bed, feature mirrors running the length of the cabin, handy pigeon lockers and ample hanging space in cedar-lined lockers. It’s the sort of cabin you would feel happily at home in even after many, many nights aboard. The Stateroom also has en suite access to the bathroom. Even here you will find contemporary styling with inclusions like satin chrome fittings, a solid-surface vanity top and Amtico flooring. Deck hatches not only provide light to both cabins, but refreshing airflow for the entire below-decks area.
- This is not just another Flybridge, it is a fresh expression of an unerring commitment to make your boating experience as safe, indulgent, easy and as fun-filled as possible. And on those long, lazy voyages, the flybridge is an ideal spot to relax and socialise. It has its own independent audio system and a wonderfully comfortable, forward-facing lounge. This level of comfort makes the hardtop option, complete with clears, all the more appealing.
- Electronics and Navigation
- You will relish the sense of control as you sit at the helm with your hands on the stainless-steel Edson steering wheel. The layout of the console has been radically rethought and includes an impressive range of standard instrumentation, including a VHF radio, fuel gauge and electronic engine instrumentation. The high-backed helm and companion chairs – pivoting, adjustable and complete with arm and footrests – couldn’t be more comfortable, either. There are plenty of big-boat features on the 38, including QL series interceptor trim tabs: operated with a push-button control panel at the helm, and featuring easy to read LEDs, the system provides low drag trimming of the boat. As you might expect, this isn’t all that is responsible for the 38’s delightful performance. The styling of the hull contributes to an especially stable, dry ride – yet the handling is surprisingly agile.
- Engine and Mechanical
- With a wide range of diesel-engine options, it can be a very thrilling ride. Plus, with a large fuel-tank capacity you can enjoy the ride for a long time before refuelling.
- Of course, the cockpit is also ideal for those playful days with family and friends. It’s a great size, there’s lots of storage space for tables, chairs, fishing gear and so on, and that huge swim platform with its fold-away ladder is an ideal launch-pad for water sports.