- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Your love of the boating life is about to be reinvigorated.
Following in the wake of the hugely successful 3000 and 4000 Offshore series, the 48 Offshore Express boasts so many refinements and such magnificent performance characteristics it will thrill the most seasoned enthusiast.
The hull, based on Riviera’s tried and tested 47 Open Flybridge, delivers the softest and driest of rides. And with twin diesel options, the ride is exhilarating.
As with all new generation Rivieras, propeller tunnels and underwater exhausts provide superior forward thrust and cleaner, quieter operation… so you can sit back and enjoy all the luxuries and intelligent features of this remarkable vessel.
The steps to the side decks are illuminated for safety’s sake. Hawes holes are recessed into the wide coamings to prevent fishing lines snaring on cleats. The complex and ingenious moulding of the transom door provides an open out ‘tuna door’ for better access. The American Cherry timberwork is not only superbly crafted but features an astonishing finish thanks to the new, state-of-the-art robotic varnishing facility.
Fortunately, the 48 is a boat built for all sorts of boat lovers thanks to a choice of configurations.
It is firstly an ideal angling vessel and the open boat configuration, without targa or coverings to the helm or deck, is designed for an after-market fishing tower. For alfresco entertaining yet protection from the weather when needs be, another version offers a stylish targa, removable bimini, side clears and rear storm curtain. Finally, for comfortable all-weather cruising, you can opt for a three-sided hardtop plus rear curtain for a completely enclosed helm deck.
However, no matter what model you choose you can count on Riviera’s structural integrity. The solid hand-laid fiberglass hull and watertight collision bulkhead, forward, is a proven match for the toughest conditions.
So the thrilling choice is also the safe choice.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- • Versatility - The 48 Offshore Express is available in three model configurations – Open, Targa and Enclosed. • Master Stroke - The master stateroom oozes comfort and quality, with a queen island bed complemented by a cedar-lined hanging locker, pigeon lockers and deck hatch. A quality bathroom is adjacent to this room. • Sumptuous Saloon - The focal point of the downstairs saloon is the premium quality leather lounge. Well designed, this transforms into a bunk assembly also. An audio system, DVD player and 32” LCD TV are standard. • Epicurean Delight - The galley is ultra-modern and user friendly, with generous cupboard space, large bench top, two integrated drawer refrigerators, a freezer, cook-top, S/S sink and convection microwave oven. • Multi-Faceted Cockpit - The spacious cockpit is simply a great place for relaxing or entertaining – featuring a mezzanine lounge, cool-box, and swim platform with concealed swim ladder. If you are a game fishing aficionado, items such as hawse holes in the wide coamings, the open out ‘tuna door’, fish bins, pump-out facilities and optional live bait tank – will surely appeal. • Sports Helm - An enormous area, it incorporates a nine-seater lounge, wet bar, refrigerator, AM/FM/CD player with iPod interface, Pompanette helm and companion chairs and sleek and well spec’d helm console. • Genuine Performer - Based on Riviera’s proven 47 Open Flybridge, the hull delivers the softest and driest of rides. With engine options including twin 747kW/1,015hp diesels, the ride can also be very exhilarating. • Eye-Catching Woodwork - American Cherry timberwork is not only superbly crafted but features an astonishing finish thanks to Riviera's new, state-of-the-art robotic varnishing facility. • Solidarity - You can count on Riviera’s structural integrity. Riviera's solid hand-laid fibreglass hull and watertight collision bulkhead, forward, is a proven match for the toughest conditions.
- Riviera interior designers have brought boat interiors well into the twenty-first century. In the saloon, you’ll find chic, easy-care Amtico flooring and a modern, premium quality leather lounge contributing to a sophisticated yet relaxed ambience. From a functional point of view, it is also exceedingly well designed. For example, there’s a fold down berth above the lounge, and optional bi-fold doors to the aft cabin can effectively create a much larger living space – the top bunk folds down to form an especially long lounge. Alternatively, this space can be a second double cabin. The saloon features a standard entertainment centre including an LCD TV, with built in speakers.
- The galley is ultra-modern and ultra user friendly. It boasts generous cupboard space, a large bench top, two integrated draw refrigerators, a freezer, cooktop, stainless steel sink and convection microwave oven.?
- The master stateroom exudes comfort and quality. The queen island bed includes a premium inner spring mattress - and the entire bed lifts on gas struts to provide you with more storage; the hanging locker, with automatic lighting, is cedar lined to keep clothes fresh; pigeon lockers provide additional space and are faced with attractive mirror accents; a large square deck hatch (with fly screen and block-out blind) provides fresh air and natural light when required. It is a myriad of thoughtful details that makes this a stateroom that stands alone. The marriage of aesthetics and functionality is a critical determinant of boating pleasure and in the Riviera 48 Offshore Express we believe it is a marriage made in heaven. This is a boat that not only works incredibly well but does so with such impeccable style.
- Deck Equipment
- Unless you are a game fishing aficionado, the cockpit simply looks like a great place for relaxing or entertaining. After all, it is very spacious, there’s a comfortable mezzanine lounge, a coolbox for your refreshments, the swim platform is huge and features a concealed swim ladder (and there’s an optional hydraulic lifter for launching a PWC or tender). But for the fishing enthusiast there’s more to it than this. A large storage or fish bin in the center of the cockpit floor has integrated pump-out facilities; the optional live bait tank in the coaming features optimal water circulation, a clear window and lighting. There’s a moulded sink with removable cutting board; and that transom open out ‘tuna door’ also has an independent lift-up bridge for additional ease and safety. If you take your fishing seriously, the 48 is seriously worth considering. When you step into the raised helm area, the list of inclusions and attention to detail is just as impressive. The helm console sits on a platform flanked by fixed, tinted side windows and a vast, curved, toughened glass windscreen. The view is magnificent - and three heavy-duty pantograph wipers with fresh water washers help keep it that way. When you add it all up, the 48 Offshore Express is quite a catch.
- Additional Description
- You can count on Riviera's structural integrity. Riviera's solid hand-laid fibreglass hull and watertight collision bulkhead, forward, is a proven match for the toughest conditions.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.