- 35 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
FULLY OPTIONED DEMONOSTRATOR IN LIKE NEW CONDITION AVAILABLE -- EXTRAORDINARY VALUE -- FULL FACTORY 5 YEAR STRUCTURAL WARRANTY -- The new J/108 offers everything one could want in a shoal water capable, 35' performance cruising yacht - a full cruising interior, standing headroom, simplified sail handling, large cockpit, and legendary J performance. The J/108 opens up a new world for sailors who previously thought that sea-kindly, high performing yachts were only possible in deep draft configurations. With only 4' draft with board up, the J/108 draws the same as a J/24 and can take you many more places in style and comfort.
J/108 builds on the success of the award winning J/95 and has evolved from the combined experience and knowledge of the J network of dealers, builders and nearly 370 J/109 owners who have short-handed, cruised, and raced their boats around the globe. The J/109 has been one of the most successful performance cruiser-racers in the world. Using the sea-kindly hull shape of her predecessor, J/108 benefits from recent developments in keel and rudder design, simplified handling systems, and the knowledge-base of the J/95.
While the concept of “shoal draft performance” may seem ambitious, the delicate balance of hull design, windward performance, off-the-wind speed, and cruising comfort are achievable in a shoal-draft sailboat. The first of J’s “Shoal Performance” designs, the J/95, has been widely acclaimed by knowledgeable yachting magazine experts as a “breakthrough” in shoal-draft performance. The J/95 was the sailing industry’s first “Triple Crown” Winner-- garnering SAIL Magazine’s “Performance” Boat Award, SAILING WORLD Magazine’s “Performance” Boat Award and CRUISING WORLD Magazine’s “Day Sailing” Boat Award.
- High performance sailing with minimal draft, this is J/108 hull #1 Offshore-capable 35 foot cruising yacht you can moor/dock in front of your home. Keel/centerboard system providing both shallow and deep water performance. The unique ability to sail upwind in minimal draft configuration (with board up). Twin Rudders with responsive wheel steering - fingertip control. Fixed sprit for 2nd furling headsail/spinnaker and integral anchor roller for easy anchoring. Large, ergonomic cockpit with floor mounted traveler and open transom – with optional cockpit shower, dock box, everything for coastal living. Single-handed ease of operation with primary sail controls within reach of the wheel.
- Underlying J/108's leap in shoal-draft performance is a uniquely designed fixed keel with integral pivoting centerboard system. As with the J/95, the centerboard system controls are cockpit led and designed for easy raising and lowering by one person. The fixed keel design, combined with twin rudders and an efficient hull shape and sailplan will allow the J/108 to sail within a few degrees of leeway of its sister J/109 upwind while retaining the stability essential for a comfortable ride. Finger-tip steering with near “hockey stop” turning power in any wind provides both exceptional balance and confidence. Simplifying one’s life flying both the asymmetric spinnaker and storing the anchor are prime considerations when performance cruising. A fixed composite sprit with stainless rod support provides you the best of both worlds-- the ability to fly your spinnaker or Code Zero/One free of the bow pulpit, while the integral anchor roller system with windlass over the chain/anchor line locker permits you to simply push a button and deploy or store the anchor. J’s have cruised the world’s seven seas, logging 100’s of thousands of miles. In dynamic, challenging weather conditions, there's nothing easier than sailing a J. The J/108, with mainsail and non-overlapping jib, outperforms any cruiser in its size range. With the floor-mounted traveler and European mainsheet system led to two winches (P&S) one can easily steer and trim at the same time. For more horsepower, simply pull out the jib on its roller furling system and take off like a rocket.
- Hull Material
- The J/108 is molded with a vinylester barrier coat applied behind the durable gelcoat finishes. This combination in the outer hull layer allows for the best hull blister protection available. The aircraft grade end-grained balsa core is sandwiched between carefully selected and placed inner and outer skins of bi-axial and triaxial e-glass fabrics and is infused under vacuum for resulting composite parts that are stiffer and lighter than hand-layup. This construction system improves sailing performance due to better strength to weight ratios in the part and improves sailing comfort by reducing weight and lowering the vertical center of gravity (VCG) of the boat. Infusion Construction: The J/108 hull, deck and main bulkhead are built with SCRIMP resin infusion construction. Infusion is a method of introducing catalyzed resin into a pre-layout of dry material under vacuum. Dry fibers are placed in the mold, with the core material and then covered by a special flow cloth and a flexible vacuum bag, a high pressure vacuum is then applied and a series of resin tubes draw catalyzed resin into the part. The result is a high quality method of production which produces results repeatedly and consistently. This allows dimensional control and regularity of weight and unlike a pre-impregnation process, infusion does not require special materials storage conditions, nor an oven.
- Outside Equipment
- centerboard system custom cast epoxy-coated iron keel with FRP centerboard leather covered wheel and twin-rudder steering system components aluminum spars, dyform continuous rod rigging and forestay (nitronic 50) solid boom vang, Harken headsail furling European mainsheet system (dual winches aft by helmsman) jib winches and deck hardware, analog binnacle compass 30 HP Volvo auxiliary engine with saildrive glass mat battery, integral hydraulic backstay custom SS mast collar, mainsheet base pedestal guard
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.